KU @ Tenn

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KU @ Tenn

Post by pdub »

He has been our only consistent option recently.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:20 pm Dave went 8-11 tonight. Lol

This gives self the ammo to stick with this approach. We’re screwed.
Thank God or we would have lost by a lot more. The KU guards need to figure how how to shoot again.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:22 pm

Thank God or we would have lost by a lot more. The KU guards need to figure how how to shoot again.
Rest of team 12-42
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Harris needs to be more aggressive offensively. 21 minutes. 1 assist (probably not all his fault). Didn’t take a shot. He does some nice things defensively and is the best PG we’ve got. That said, I think I’d be way more comfortable with him out there in a 5 guard lineup...

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Beav says it might make us feel better to know that right now Oregon State has 45 points with two minutes left
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:22 pm

Nope. Dave's the problem....if we play 5 guards they suddenly have room and the quickness to drive and will shoot 95% from the perimeter.

Or so I'm told.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DMac may be scoring, but it’s not like he’s doing much else
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:45 pm DMac may be scoring, but it’s not like he’s doing much else
Nobody is.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:42 pm Harris needs to be more aggressive offensively. 21 minutes. 1 assist (probably not all his fault). Didn’t take a shot. He does some nice things defensively and is the best PG we’ve got. That said, I think I’d be way more comfortable with him out there in a 5 guard lineup...
Small ball does not work without 4 or 5 legit shooters. You can't do it with 2 non-shooters (DH and MG).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If they’re non-shooters, at the very least, they better do something at a damn good level to make up for it. Get shots at the rim. Score from mid range. Get in the paint and dish it to an open teammate.

None of that’s really happening.

And the toughest part about it may be not simply that none of that’s happening. It’s that it we’ve seen it happen, but not any more?

Marcus totally can finish at the rim. Heck, Dajuan’s first few games he looked like Steve Nash or something, just dribbling around until he got someone else an easy bucket.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Marcus could finish at the rim when he was driving by slower 4s. He has absolutely shown he can't consistently finish at the rim as a full time PG.

DH never looked like Steve Nash. His best game was in a blowout of an inferior team. DH is a nice piece and will continue to get better. But he's not the starting PG on a national title contender imo. He is not cut from the same cloth as Frank or Graham or Dotson.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Didn’t Dajuan start the season with like a 10:0 assist:TO ratio?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:45 pm DMac may be scoring, but it’s not like he’s doing much else
Then he is doing one more thing than everyone else.

Kansas has played well in 1 game this month.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:01 am Marcus could finish at the rim when he was driving by slower 4s. He has absolutely shown he can't consistently finish at the rim as a full time PG.

DH never looked like Steve Nash. His best game was in a blowout of an inferior team. DH is a nice piece and will continue to get better. But he's not the starting PG on a national title contender imo. He is not cut from the same cloth as Frank or Graham or Dotson.
except none of those guards looked the part as frosh either

NPOY BIFM road the pine behind Naadir Tharpe for god’s sake

i agree, that DH doesn’t look the part RIGHT NOW
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Wilson had 10-9-6 last night on 2-7 shooting. You look at the rest of the box and guys just aren’t buying in. I don’t think anyone else had more than 2 rebounds!

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, rebounding is a big prob.

Nobody crashing, nobody boxing out, too much standing around.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And heck, Jalen had 6 dimes?

I kind of wonder if we’d benefit from him playing a bigger role setting things up. I’m comfortable with him dribbling up the court and driving, which is rare to say for a 6’8” tweener forward. Plus, it would get Marcus off the ball more without having to play another non-shooter in Dajuan?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:01 am Marcus could finish at the rim when he was driving by slower 4s. He has absolutely shown he can't consistently finish at the rim as a full time PG.
The latter has shown to be true but the former is not. Garrett was guarded plenty by other guards last year because almost every team switched against us. The difference was that they also had to guard Dotson on all of the dribble handoffs.

We are seeing how hard it is to just replace a Devon Dotson. The gap between Udoka and DMac is much bigger than the one between Dotson and MG. But, the PG position is just so important today that even average PG play just pales in comparison to when you get AA level play there. Going forward, I don't think we can wait to see if Harris can develop shot and put on some size.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It does not necessarily need to be a PG but a player who can drive to the basket with speed and handles.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I have been a KU BB fan since JoJo White's days and have simply stopped watching. The DMAC circus is too easily defended and just not entertaining. Self has a bad tendency to be stubborn. So be it.