21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 pm Nothing will stop me from dreaming of a starting 5 of TyTy, Yesufu, CB, JW, and DM. That is a solid 5 there.
I'd nut.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 pm Nothing will stop me from dreaming of a starting 5 of TyTy, Yesufu, Ochai, JW, and DM. That is a solid 5 there. I'd nut.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfc...i have a hard enough time keeping players straight with just the new class coming in

now with all the transfers...sheesh
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I'm going to plant my flag on the "If Bishop commits then Jalen is gone" hill.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm I'm going to plant my flag on the "If Bishop commits then Jalen is gone" hill.
And KU would be worse off.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:06 pm
hasbeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm I'm going to plant my flag on the "If Bishop commits then Jalen is gone" hill.
And KU would be worse off.
Oh agree completely. I think Self loves the idea of 2 block scorers but Jalen, especially with some offseason work on the 3, is an absolute nightmare for opposing teams. The type of player that usually kills us.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Would be cool if MG actually decided what he was going to do.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Has he done enough to earn the right to play out the draft process, get feedback and then make a decision?

How is his situation any different than Och? Neither one of those guys, IMO, are first round guys.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:59 pm How is his situation any different than Och? Neither one of those guys, IMO, are first round guys.
22 years old compared to 20 years old. If he has plans to use his limited shelf life to get all he can out of being a professional players, overseas or not, there's no use coming back for a "free" year. 2 years is about 20% of the average player's pro career.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Och's draft stock is in a better position because he's proven he can shoot and has a better fit in the league. Neither going 1st round but I think Ochai has a much better chance at getting drafted than Garrett.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:16 pm I appreciate the Thompson/Coach Self connection, but I feel like Bryce should maybe be playing at Tulsa.
I had a hunch...
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:18 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:59 pm How is his situation any different than Och? Neither one of those guys, IMO, are first round guys.
22 years old compared to 20 years old. If he has plans to use his limited shelf life to get all he can out of being a professional players, overseas or not, there's no use coming back for a "free" year. 2 years is about 20% of the average player's pro career.
Won't knock that reasoning at all. I think MG had it in his mind he was going pro, some where but is now re-evaluating his options whether that be because of a change of heart, roster shake up or he got feedback that made him to believe another year here could help him.

IMO, he is going to be a fringe D or G league guy and most certainly marked for an overseas career. I don't see much value coming back to KU because his game has hit its ceiling, at least at the collegiate level. He might as well get a jump start on his professional career and start brushing up on his Spanish, Russian or German.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:16 pmI don't see much value coming back to KU because his game has hit its ceiling, at least at the collegiate level. He might as well get a jump start on his professional career and start brushing up on his Spanish, Russian or German.
I think this is absolutely right. But, the unique flip side here is almost no one gets a redo on a disappointing senior season end at a place like KU and where you could be looking at a Top 10 team.

Compare that to traveling around a foreign country where no one knows who the hell you are for just one more year of your life--little different decision.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:20 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:16 pmI don't see much value coming back to KU because his game has hit its ceiling, at least at the collegiate level. He might as well get a jump start on his professional career and start brushing up on his Spanish, Russian or German.
I think this is absolutely right. But, the unique flip side here is almost no one gets a redo on a disappointing senior season end at a place like KU and where you could be looking at a Top 10 team.

Compare that to traveling around a foreign country where no one knows who the hell you are for just one more year of your life--little different decision.
This and this which is why I believe we haven't seen MG make a decision yet. Suddenly his decision isn't so 'cut and dry' anymore.

God bless him but he played out of position last year and it showed. Whatever kind of draft equity he built up from 2020 he immediately lost when he tried to shoulder the load for a team that was destined for failure. Now with the additions KU has made to the roster he might be thinking to himself another year of being off the ball and focusing on defense would at least get the sour taste out of his mouth from how his COVID year went.

We talk about this all the time. Is it better to make six figures living in Russia or get a stipend and scholarship checks taking photos of yourself in the hall way looking down living like a king in Lawrence. For guys like Jamari, PE, EJ, and MG the peak of their basketball careers was Lawrence and maybe MG is in no rush to leave.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:36 pmWe talk about this all the time. Is it better to make six figures living in Russia or get a stipend and scholarship checks taking photos of yourself in the hall way looking down living like a king in Lawrence.
It is also different when you are 22 years old and all you've ever known is your childhood and then being a KU basketball player in Lawrence.

The overseas pro ball lifestyle is a lot different looking for that person than it is to one of us in our current situations.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:58 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:36 pmWe talk about this all the time. Is it better to make six figures living in Russia or get a stipend and scholarship checks taking photos of yourself in the hall way looking down living like a king in Lawrence.
It is also different when you are 22 years old and all you've ever known is your childhood and then being a KU basketball player in Lawrence.

The overseas pro ball lifestyle is a lot different looking for that person than it is to one of us in our current situations.
indeed

9.5 weeks was the longest single stint i’ve done overseas (on two separate occasions, to two separate countries), and that felt like an eternity

despite being with friends/colleagues that i genuinely liked and got along with, a still got crazy homesick (and i was notably older than ~22)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Every major player in D1 seems to have offered Ty Ty.

He’s supposed to announce his top 5 this weekend.
Yay?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a lot of attention for a 4 star guard.

I’m sure he can’t WAIT to come here...and ride pine behind Dajuan anyway...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 am That’s a lot of attention for a 4 star guard.

I’m sure he can’t WAIT to come here...and ride pine behind Dajuan anyway...
He's just going to use us as a stepping stone to SMU anyway.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 amThat’s a lot of attention for a 4 star guard.
Kind of the same thing that happened with Jalen Wilson when he was the best recruit remaining--was ranked in like the 40's or 50's.

But, it is widely believed that TyTy will jump to 5* in the last rankings update.