21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
hasbeen

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by hasbeen »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:42 am
hasbeen wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:33 am
Really hilarious to talk about a 3 A/TO ratio on such low volume. The guy barely averaged 2 assists per game.
You're looking at the wrong side of the ratio.
He played 16 minutes a game and never had the offense run through him, and you're telling me to be excited that he only had .8 turnovers per game. OK lol
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

One thing that limits harris is we switch everything. That creates a lot of bad matchups.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I'm less concerned about him on defense. As has been said, they'll bulk him up so he looks less like a middle school kid playing college basketball and that'll help on that end.

There's broad agreement on this board that our offense sucked ass last year. Much of the focus has correctly been on Braun and OA's timidness and lack of consistency from 3 along with Marcus Garrett not really being a PG. This goes off the rails when you look at other factors, like how Garrett was forced to play PG because our other option was Harris, who was playable at times but highlights were a steal leading to a fast break and the few times the defense completely ignored him and he made a 3, shocking everyone in the building and watching at home.

This revisionist shit about how good he was makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:47 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:45 am Same thing with turnovers. He didn't play much. 16mpg.

His per 40s for A/TO was 5.4/2
which is pretty fucking good for a frosh
THIS RIGHT HERE
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:00 am This revisionist shit about how good he was makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Same.

Some guys seem high on DH, but then overly critical of Och and CB. I don't get it or see it, but to each their own.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm not that high on DH. He's the 3rd best ball handler on this team. But that's still really good. He knows his role and he plays it well.

Ochai and CB both have to get tons more aggressive. Ochai can't beat a guy off the dribble. He averages 2 FTs per game, he doesn't try to get to the rim at all. Also his rebounding numbers were the worst they've been in his career last year. He has a ton to work on.

CB has to be more aggressive shooting. His fakes and then passes out of those fakes is annoying. When he is open, he needs to shoot. But he rebounds like a damn big, and that means something to Self.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:11 am
hasbeen wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:00 am This revisionist shit about how good he was makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Same.

Some guys seem high on DH, but then overly critical of Och and CB. I don't get it or see it, but to each their own.
It's all based on expectations as well. We expect Ochai and CB to be LEADERS of this team. They did not live up to a lot of those expectations last year, especially CB. Ochai disappeared just a bit too much to be a top guy on a top team. Dajuan was a somewhat quiet addition but he outperformed his expectations by both the fans and the coaches.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Everyone remembers the spark he provided when we went small v Texas.
Harris was good in a big stretch of that game.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am
Same.

It's all based on expectations as well. We expect Ochai and CB to be LEADERS of this team. They did not live up to a lot of those expectations last year, especially CB. Ochai disappeared just a bit too much to be a top guy on a top team. Dajuan was a somewhat quiet addition but he outperformed his expectations by both the fans and the coaches.
Fair enough.

The only person on last year's team who didn't live up to my personal expectations was Marcus Garrett. But just my opinion.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Och lived up to your expectations?

interesting...i think you’re the only one for which that’s the case
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Single Malt Remy Martin. Wilson. Och. This will be a good year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You can still get KU at 16/1 ( earlier was 18/1 ) which if I were still a betting man ( or if they friggin legalized it in this state ) i'd be jumping on.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:37 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am
Same.

Fair enough.

The only person on last year's team who didn't live up to my personal expectations was Marcus Garrett. But just my opinion.
Garrett, Agbaji and Braun all were below what I hoped for from them last season although I have no idea why I hoped for Garrett to be more than he was. Wishful thinking most likely.

Wilson started above my hopes but finished below and DMac finished a little above what I expected from him expect for on the boards where he was a little below what I'd hoped he'd be.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Revisionist history of Wilson.
Start of the season, some posters didnt think he would get minutes over Enaruna, Bryce and TGF.

He surpassed expectations.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Above: Wilson, Harris (i had no expectation of harris)

About at: Braun, Mckmack, mitch

Below: och, garrett

Way below: enaruna, bryce
Just Ledoux it
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Wilson definitely exceeded by expectations, even if he's not my favorite player.

Garrett was right at what I expected. I knew he was playing PG and I was skeptical of his ability to do it without a Dok to grab lobs 87 feet in the air. But he was hard-nosed, elite defensively, and didn't shoot it great but a bit better than I expected.

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll take TDubs list but push Braun to just below and push Ochai up to just below.

Garrett can have his own category.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:34 pm Above: Wilson, Harris (i had no expectation of harris)

About at: Braun, Mckmack, mitch

Below: och, garrett

Way below: enaruna, bryce
It was a tale of two halves for McCormack.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I thought Garrett was a B12POY candidate and so did many others.

He was on early Naismith watch lists.

Instead he wasnt even a top 15 player in the conference.
There's nowhere to put him but below expectations.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I struggle to give individual evaluations, but collectively I was just bummed with the effort and energy displayed at times last year.

With the starters though, it would have been nice to see them a little more consistent. Perhaps the bench is more to blame, as we barely had one.

Mitch was like a 35th year senior who looked like a walk-on at times. Bryce was an all American combo guard who never got going, though he dealt with injury for much of the year. Tristan lol sigh. Dajuan came on toward the end but was still not exactly a game changer.

Part of me wants to blame the coaching for what often felt like a static and predicable game plan. Force feed it to Dave in the post til he spazzes out, then sub Mitch and force feed him. No running, no pushing tempo, no movement off the ball, just walk it up every possession and hope the post isn’t double teamed again. Woo.