21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ousdahl »

so. ready. for. HOOPS!

And ready for no fewer than 3 experienced ballhandling guards to be integrated into the rotation.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:14 pm posters gonna loose their minds if Dajuan starts over Remy
As they should.

But, it is kinda crazy how fans, and now the media, have taken Self's quote and tried to turn it into something. Perhaps Borzello doesn't know Self yet.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:21 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:14 pm posters gonna loose their minds if Dajuan starts over Remy
As they should.

But, it is kinda crazy how fans, and now the media, have taken Self's quote and tried to turn it into something. Perhaps Borzello doesn't know Self yet.
meh...i don’t think they should loose their minds necessarily

Remy could be a horrible fit and Dajuan could’ve made huge gains over the summer

i trust Self to put the guys on the floor that gives the team the best chance to win, regardless of past performance or accolades
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dajuan may start at least early, cuz he “knows the system” and blah blah blah.

But at the same time, and has been noted, coach talk is pretty useless this time of year.

I mean, this time last year, coach was talking about Enaroona starting
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:24 pm
As they should.

Remy could be a horrible fit and Dajuan could’ve made huge gains over the summer

i trust Self to put the guys on the floor that gives the team the best chance to win, regardless of past performance or accolades
But that is completely different from what Self said about the situation.

And, it's not some secret that Bill fucked up the guard situation last season and clearly wanted to address it via transfer. Hell, Fran was talking about bringing transfer guards in February, so the staff already knew what the fans could see: big time overhaul.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:30 pm

As they should.

Self said Dajuan is in a position to compete for the starting spot

that tells me either Remy isn’t as good as some made him out to be (or isn’t quite gelling yet), or that Dajuan progressed markedly from last season...or some combination of those

or, as Ousie pointed out, it’s just coach speak, means jack shit, and is only intended to motivate both players
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:36 pm

that tells me either Remy isn’t as good as some made him out to be (or isn’t quite gelling yet), or that Dajuan progressed markedly from last season...or some combination of those

or, as Ousie pointed out, it’s just coach speak, means jack shit, and is only intended to motivate both players
What he said was that if we had a game that day (it was September), Dajuan would probably start because he has been here for 3 years and isn't currently injured (like Remy was).

People are focusing on the wrong part of his quote.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:41 pm

What he said was that if we had a game that day (it was September), Dajuan would probably start because he has been here for 3 years and isn't currently injured (like Remy was).

ahhh...gotcha. i was responding to your post with the Borzelo stuff. i didn’t read the actual quote.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Re: guard overhaul, I can’t help but think we’ll end up with 2 smalls on the floor more often than not.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:52 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:41 pm

ahhh...gotcha. i was responding to your post with the Borzelo stuff. i didn’t read the actual quote.
Ah, right. It seems like an example of how even an honest (mis)interpretation of a cryptic quote can create a story.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Dajuan did play pretty will in the Late Night scrimmage, for what that is worth. But, imo, Och looked far away the best player on the court, then CB, then probably Wilson (for body alone) or Dajuan.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea. I kinda hope I’m wrong, cuz that means one of the more “wing” guards turned a corner.

Whatever lineup it takes, I just hope we don’t see those stagnant stretches and games in the 50s any more.

And, for the love of Allah, no more getting blown out!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Unless Remy takes his game to an AA level, we're going to need some consistent scoring off the bench to not go through dry spells. I just don't know if that is going to come from Harris via playmaking, JCL through shooting, or Yesufu's all around game.

Kinda wondering if Yesufu was brought in more to develop for a monster 2023 season.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Och and Jalen are both potential AA candidates too.

Och the obvious favorite. But if Jalen is putting up like 16 and 10 and 4 assists or something, and acting like the man on a top 5 team, he won’t not get accolades.

And heck, DMac too
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:11 pm Och and Jalen are both potential AA candidates too.

Och the obvious favorite. But if Jalen is putting up like 16 and 10 and 4 assists or something, and acting like the man on a top 5 team, he won’t not get accolades.

And heck, DMac too
What about Braun? 😉
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Heck, him too!

at least this year, I think there are more likely candidates for an AA campaign

but I’ve been wrong before, and would be thrilled if Braun becomes a star.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm thinking of the older Spurs teams where there weren't a lot of individual accolades but had a solid rotation of experienced vets that all had big games on different nights. And then Remy will play the Ginobili role of taking over the ball in one possession clutch scenarios.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:57 pm Heck, him too!

at least this year, I think there are more likely candidates for an AA campaign

but I’ve been wrong before, and would be thrilled if Braun becomes a star.
I think our balance will make it unlikely anyone puts up big enough numbers for 1st team AA.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:16 pm then Remy will play the Ginobili role of taking over the ball in one possession clutch scenarios.
Wouldn't be shocked if it is actually Och this year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:33 pm
I think our balance will make it unlikely anyone puts up big enough numbers for 1st team AA.
What about Braun? 😉