Michigan State Pho

Kansas Basketball.
hasbeen

Re: Michigan State Pho

Post by hasbeen »

Sam Vecenie from The Athletic said on his podcast that Baylor, UT, Duke, and Kentucky are all better than Kansas. He had Rob Douster on who said that Remy isnt' a "winning basketball player" which is perhaps the laziest thing to say about a player. But Sam is a pretty thoughtful guy so I was surprised to hear that. Good to have my expectations tempered ahead of the game tomorrow -- they were growing a bit out of control.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

hasbeen wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:50 pm Sam Vecenie from The Athletic said on his podcast that Baylor, UT, Duke, and Kentucky are all better than Kansas. He had Rob Douster on who said that Remy isnt' a "winning basketball player" which is perhaps the laziest thing to say about a player. But Sam is a pretty thoughtful guy so I was surprised to hear that. Good to have my expectations tempered ahead of the game tomorrow -- they were growing a bit out of control.
There was a time when some (me included!) thought you couldn’t win with Tyshawn, either.

I’m pumped. This should be a really fun year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lands is available tonight.

If he could hit just 1 or 2 threes, it might be enough to get us on top. I agree with there being a good chance of it looking ugly.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if Remy isn’t a winning player then how’d he beat KU all those times?

but yea, there may or may not be that point in the season when Self gets sick of Remy chucking, so the only difference between last year’s starting lineup and this year’s is Dajuan, and the “SeLf HaTeS OfFeNsE!” crowd comes out in full force while we struggle to get to 60 a game.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't know why we're assuming Self and Remy are like oil and water. Self loves shoot first/scoring PGs.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I agree. I've never really thought of Dauster as a good analyst.

Remy gives us a dimension last year's team didn't have.

I think Self is going to have a lot of fun coaching Remy. They're going to make each other better.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yup.
Sherron, Vonte, Mason and Ty all rank in the top 6 field goals attempted in a season under Self.
( other two - TRob 2012 and Dedric 2019 )
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Good points!

Tho, did any of those other dudes ever loose a starting spot to a walk-on cuz Self wanted to send a message?

But I don’t mean to be guttermetery. I think Self will ultimately get the most out of Remy, and vice versa.

Cuz yeah it’s a dimension we need, and didn’t have last year. I just hope it all comes within the context of efficient offense.

We don’t want Remy taking off-balance guarded jumpers early in the clock.

That’s what we have Dave for!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

6 CST can't get here soon enough.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah!

Might have to get a little Tuesday boozedayed.

Prob say this around this time every year, but I’m particularly excited for this group of guys.

Veteran 3-4 year players returning to established roles, plus experienced transfers at key positions
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:37 am 6 CST can't get here soon enough.
ugh

not a fan
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Love it out here East Coast.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:59 am
ugh

not a fan
I am on a Tuesday being in CST. Head to bar right straight from office and get a food order in right before tip.

Watch Cal spank K from the couch and hit a decent bedtime.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:04 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:59 am
ugh

not a fan
I am on a Tuesday being in CST. Head to bar right straight from office and get a food order in right before tip.

Watch Cal spank K from the couch and hit a decent bedtime.
i’m just being selfish…5 pm for me is not ideal
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For better or worse it seems like Cal might be a front runner of sorts in the NIL era, just like he was in the OAD era

And while it’s often to difficult to root for Cal, “spank K” is among the moments it’s not.

I’d be totally cool if K didn’t win a single game all season.

Heck, watch him go on a loosing streak and just abruptly retire like halfway through noncon
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I really think coach K owes us one more 3 week stint of bad play culminating in a "back problem" leave of absence.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

He could sit out much of the season, come back for some token knobslobber of a game (you just know Dickie V will be there, with knee pads on and everything), then finally retires to his coffin before otherwise melting in the sunlight
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:51 am Yeah!

Might have to get a little Tuesday boozedayed.

Prob say this around this time every year, but I’m particularly excited for this group of guys.

Veteran 3-4 year players returning to established roles, plus experienced transfers at key positions
How gushered are you gone b?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

2:1 odds that by this time tomorrow I’m on phog bitching about my permaban…suckas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:33 pm He could sit out much of the season, come back for some token knobslobber of a game (you just know Dickie V will be there, with knee pads on and everything), then finally retires to his coffin before otherwise melting in the sunlight
maybe....i don't think dickie v is going much of anywhere given his recent melanoma and lymphoma diagnosis
Just Ledoux it