21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:31 pm I really like pettiford. I think hes gonna be a stud in time
Me too. His defense was a real revelation. And his movement away from the ball.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So CB is not starting when Jalen is back right?

I think the team is so much better with Dajuan Harris on the floor. He's not going come off the floor. He does the little things so well. Played 35 minutes last night. Good for 2nd highest on the team. He gets steals, he can handle the ball and give Remy a little break if needed and he can get to the rim.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

1 game into the season, cb's starting spot seems to be the shakiest.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CB is Bill's dude...he trusts him unequivocally...even if he comes off the bench (won't happen), he'll still play 35 minutes per game.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 am CB is Bill's dude...he trusts him unequivocally...even if he comes off the bench (won't happen), he'll still play 35 minutes per game.
I don't know, at the presser last night he said unequivocally about Dajuan "He's our point guard." Played him as many minutes as he played Ochai.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, it will be interesting to see if Bill thinks Remy is enough to lead the offense and it's the lineup we all expected -- or if Dejuan retains his starting spot.

Cuffe and Cam shirt.
Still have loads of depth.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:17 am Yea, it will be interesting to see if Bill thinks Remy is enough to lead the offense and it's the lineup we all expected -- or if Dejuan retains his starting spot.

Cuffe and Cam shirt.
Still have loads of depth.
I'm not so sure that they shouldn't have put a redshirt on Yesufu.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dajuan
Cognac
Och
Braun
DMac

And depending on what Jalen looks like upon returning…
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's one game but Pettiford looks like a guy who should get a few minutes a game.

I have no idea what you actually do with Zach American Psycho Clemence, and KJ Best Haircut Adams -- they both look useable in their own regard.

Coleman Lands has a good looking stroke.

Lightfoot isn't going anywhere.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Jalen Wilson's ceiling is higher than Braun's.
It's possible Self thinks otherwise and Jalen is our 6th man - but i'd think if Harris continues to start, Braun will be one of the best 6th men in the country.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mitch had a pretty solid game. He will continue to see minutes, especially if DMac doesn't step up.
Liking our new guys a lot.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

1 game into the season and it seems like pettiford, clemence, adams and jcl can earn minutes.

when wilson gets back we have 11 dudes that can earn minutes.

those 3 youngsters appear legit.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 am So CB is not starting when Jalen is back right?

I think the team is so much better with Dajuan Harris on the floor. He's not going come off the floor. He does the little things so well. Played 35 minutes last night. Good for 2nd highest on the team. He gets steals, he can handle the ball and give Remy a little break if needed and he can get to the rim.
If any issue last night, it was handling size and rebounding. Jalen helps there, but isn't a panacea--could be a team weakness.

CB playing out of position, so the offensive woes don't concern me at all. And, he still pulled down 8 boards--you always know you're getting effort out of him.

Dave also doesn't concern me. I would have liked for him to start better, but last year was way more concerning. We know now that Dave isn't really Dave unless there's a slow start.

Dajuan's not going to play 36, and will see less minutes during crunch time, but clearly is part of the rotation. Mitch/Clemence/Adams aren't going to play 18.

I think last night confirmed what most of us thought the main rotation would be. I love the freshmen, but Bill's just not going to end up playing 10+.

DMac
Jalen
Och
CB
Remy

Harris
Mitch
JCL
Clemence or Adams

Pettiford or Yes
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

^^^^
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Adams looked active out there - but I'm guessing he gets the minutes boot.

JCL benefits in that he is a bigger type of guard and plays differently than Pettiford/Yesufu.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i just love JCL’s build
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Pettiford's strength seems to be as a slasher. I really like the guy. But, JCL just brings a dimension that Harris doesn't. Plus, he's the oldest dude on KU's campus. He'll play.

Had some flashbacks of a young Frank Mason with Pettiford--the good and the bad. And, it just feels so good to not have to rely on that unlike the 2014 team.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JCL seems like a good catch and shoot guard, moves his feet well off the ball and knows where to be when a handler drives
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
We already may have slashers ( jury still kinda out on Harris here but there's signs of it ) in Remy and Harris. And Harris has the tenacious defense thing too.

So Pettiford's role will be reduced here.
But man, that's a future upperclassman star I think.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And I still think Cuffe ends up being the best of the bunch.

Clemence also looks like he's an NBA prospect if the league style of play stays like this.