21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
hasbeen

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:29 pm
hasbeen wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:28 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:13 am

I am not mad at anything. Just thought your comment was interesting since we only tried it for 2min once and we couldn't stop the other team from getting close looks and we looked awkward offensively.

You can be mad that Mitch is going to get run at the 5 all season if you want. I don't really care. Your beef isn't with me, it's with Bill Self.
I'm not mad that Mitch will play 5 -- in this very thread, I listed the scenarios where it's essential that he does play the 5. You're the poster most dogmatic in their thinking about roster construction/you have a personality disorder, to the point where the idea of a non-traditional 5 repulses you as if we're still in 1998.
Mitch is a non traditional 5.

Jalen is a wing.
My point, which is clear to anyone who isn't off their meds, is that you want Mitch at the 5 because you feel like we just have to have someone on the block. Which we don't, because this isn't 1998 basketball.

Mitch, except for today when he took multiple outside shots and immediately got pulled, has stuck to the block. Your brain isn't capable of processing offense that doesn't look like that. I don't pity your shortcomings.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

hasbeen wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:32 pm

I'm not mad that Mitch will play 5 -- in this very thread, I listed the scenarios where it's essential that he does play the 5. You're the poster most dogmatic in their thinking about roster construction/you have a personality disorder, to the point where the idea of a non-traditional 5 repulses you as if we're still in 1998.

Jalen is a wing.
My point, which is clear to anyone who isn't off their meds, is that you want Mitch at the 5 because you feel like we just have to have someone on the block. Which we don't, because this isn't 1998 basketball.

Mitch, except for today when he took multiple outside shots and immediately got pulled, has stuck to the block. Your brain isn't capable of processing offense that doesn't look like that. I don't pity your shortcomings.
His brain is incapable of processing a lot of things.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Jalen is a wing.

2 entire minutes. We haven't tried it again so far.

Defense. Rebounding. Offense. Motion. Continuity. Spacing. All things that matter in basketball.

It's not fucking street ball. Self isn't going to throw 5 guards out there around the perimeter and let them take turns trying to take their man 1 on 1 every possession. It's not his philosophy or how he runs his offenses.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Jalen is a wing.

Defense. Rebounding. Offense. Motion. Continuity. Spacing. All things that matter in basketball.

It's not fucking street ball. Self isn't going to throw 5 guards out there around the perimeter and let them take turns trying to take their man 1 on 1 every possession. It's not his philosophy or how he runs his offenses.
Mitch isn't good at any of those things, dork

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:38 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Mitch isn't good at any of those things, dork
Mitch is good at team defense. Knowing the offense. Moving the ball. Playing his role. Setting screens. Those things matter and that's why Mitch will play more minutes at the 5 this year than Jalen will. You don't lose what Jalen does well by playing Mitch because they can play together. The choice is really between Dajuan and Mitch it seems.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No reason to wait. Change the starting lineup up.

I'd say sit Dave for a little bit, but he's too damn fragile for that.

Probably needs to be Wilson for Harris. The offseason talk on Harris was coach speak. He's not any better this year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Get Joe reps.

We need a guy who can get his own shot.

Too much standing around, which usually ends in Dave thinking he’s gotta do something
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm Get Joe reps.

Too much standing around, which usually ends in Dave thinking he’s gotta do something
JCL was disappointing today, but I agree with the notion that we should surround Remy, Och, and CB with some shooting.

And obviously Dave just needs to pull his head out.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not an offensive foul though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The couple minutes Joe played, he scored. And often just creating on his own.

We need that, rather than Dajuan looking around for reasons not to shoot
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:39 pm Not an offensive foul though.
that would be my takeaway too if i spent the entire offseason fluffing a player who has been an abject failure on both sides of the ball. you will always have that 11 game stretch from last year tho*

*11 games not counting some in there that weren't very good

- lobser
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm Get Joe reps.

Remy and Och can get their own shot. Yesufu doesn't know the offense or defense. Watch CB Och and Wilson operate together. They know where each other are supposed to be and how to move the ball. Remy is getting there. But the other newcomers are still slow to react. The ball sticks on offense. And they get lost too often on defense.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:41 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:39 pm Not an offensive foul though.
that would be my takeaway too if i spent the entire offseason fluffing a player who has been an abject failure on both sides of the ball. you will always have that 11 game stretch from last year tho*

*11 games not counting some in there that weren't very good
We were up 15 on KenPom #119 and lost. Our last offensive play was a microcosm of our attitude/effort in that 2nd half.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:35 pm No reason to wait. Change the starting lineup up.

Probably needs to be Wilson for Harris. The offseason talk on Harris was coach speak. He's not any better this year.
Wilson just played the worst individual game I've seen in a long time.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:35 pm No reason to wait. Change the starting lineup up.

For sure, he was awful.

But let's let him get his legs under him and see if he can be as good or better than last year. He was good in game 1. Harris has played 6 games with this team now and we just know what we're getting with him.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

All I know is, we better do something different. Shake it up. We weren’t very good last year, and now doubling down on those same lineups and schemes.

Ball shoulda been in Remy’s hands every possession down the stretch. Don’t hide Remy on the other side of the floor while you hold your nose and run a mid range iso for our spaz big man.

And yeah, Dajuan’s stock is tanking. I thought we were done playing guys who aren’t a threat to shoot
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:51 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 pm

For sure, he was awful.

But let's let him get his legs under him and see if he can be as good or better than last year. He was good in game 1. Harris has played 6 games with this team now and we just know what we're getting with him.
We agree on Harris. Just not on Wilson.

I'm sorry, but the guy with zero career dunks just isn't the answer at the 5.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 pm All I know is, we better do something different. Shake it up. We weren’t very good last year, and now doubling down on those same lineups and schemes.

Ball shoulda been in Remy’s hands every possession down the stretch. Don’t hide Remy on the other side of the floor while you hold your nose and run a mid range iso for our spaz big man.

And yeah, Dajuan’s stock is tanking. I thought we were done playing guys who aren’t a threat to shoot
We will get a lot better close-and-late when Remy beats his guy off the dribble for the purpose of getting to the rack (rather than for the purpose of getting an 18-footer). I have no issue at all with him taking 18-footers if that's what the defense gives him. But I'm not good with settling for them, particularly early in the shot clock.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:59 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:49 pm Wilson just played the worst individual game I've seen in a long time.
For sure, he was awful.

The answer at that position is Dave just needs to pull his head out of his ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:59 pm

For sure, he was awful.

The answer at that position is Dave just needs to pull his head out of his ass.
True.

No Dave or bad Dave and we're a S16 team. F4 aspirations require good Dave.