Site Admin

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by pdub »

I don't think it's just injury.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:55 pm
hasbeen wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:53 pm I am not confident about this team in March/April.
I bet a healthy Remy changes your mind in February.

The Mitch thing is worrisome, though.
It would, but I don't trust Bill with Remy even healthy.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lol.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

#freeremy

#cognac
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

dave looked great tho lol
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:21 pm I'm just not seeing anything from Yesufu.
It's been 14 games.
Pettiford injury actually may be slightly bigger than we thought it would be.
I agree. He has no confidence rhythm or role. Hes gotten worse as the season has progressed. early in the season he was aggressive at least. But I know he has the tools to be good. We've seen it before just not at ku

Its tough to balance egos and minutes with this deep of a team. But self did a shitty job with yesefu
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

hasbeen wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:53 pm I am not confident about this team in March/April.
We depend too much on perimeter shooting. So we have potential to beat or get beat by anyone
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:09 am
It's been 14 games.
I agree. He has no confidence rhythm or role. Hes gotten worse as the season has progressed. early in the season he was aggressive at least. But I know he has the tools to be good. We've seen it before just not at ku

Its tough to balance egos and minutes with this deep of a team. But self did a shitty job with yesefu
Self has only had about 6months with Yesufu. He's not a miracle worker. It takes time to develop a player. Yesufu isn't a high level lotto pick that you just trot out there and let go crazy. He's a long term project.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Our best player wasnt aggressive on defense and got beat often.
Our second best player missed some shots and was rejected at the rim several times.
Our third or fourth best player got fourteen minutes and got totally lost in a play right by the basket.
Our other third or fourth best player was awful and dribbled the ball too much.

Our bench was bad.

The only guy who was good was the dude who had been one of our worst players since he started playing again.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:09 am
It's been 14 games.

I’m not sure it’s possible to say he has gotten worse as the season has gone on. He’s been bad the whole time.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He kinda has.
I thought hed be way better.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

at this point tho it may be worth giving Yes a longer leash in some attempt to get him up to speed

weigh that against asking ourselves how many 2 points in 29 minutes type performances do we wanna live with from Dajuan
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I guess?
He can get down the court in a flash but does he do anything well? Dejuan at least can facilitate if our other guys are on and plays defense the best of our starters.

Juan is actually shooting the 3 better than Yes...both under 25 percent.
Deleted User 863

How many points does Yesufu need to score to offset all the things he does worse than DH so that it would be a net gain to play him over DH?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What's Yes's game high this season?
Has he scored double digits?
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:36 pm What's Yes's game high this season?
Has he scored double digits?
but at drake....
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

yesefu has gotten worse in the sense that early in the season he at least had some confidence and swagger. would attack the rim and knock down a few threes. he has no confidence or rhythm right now. he came in expecting to play more and we expected more from him
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

but its pretty simple why dajuan plays over him. self trusts him more. dajuan plays d the way self wants, moves the ball, and knows the offense. but what did dajuan really do to earn that trust? was it high level play last year? no. we were shitty last year and he played cause he had to. so dajuan became experienced in selfs system because there was no better option. there are better options this year. give them a chance to gain some experience. this team is better than last years, but we depend a lot on shooting. shooters get better shots when they are out there with playmakers. dajuan is not a playmaker, he is a role player
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

and I'm not trying to trash dajuan, I like him a lot. hope he plays his entire career out here at ku. he does several things well. He should keep putting on weight in the weight room, increasing his athleticism and explosiveness and improving his shot the next few seasons. He is a smart heady player that'll keep getting better and can turn into a very nice college player.

but.
He isn't in the right role for this team to peak this season. too much talent on this roster for a "safe" player to take up 30 mpg and not getting much out of it