It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 am I hated Roi.
Winning a title and beating him multiple times in the NCAA tournament made me not hate him.
He didnt leave in the best way but guy built KU to what it is today.
Not really.

Self did.

It’s not like Roi coached KU to all those victories over Roi.

If Roi wanted to spend his golden years attending AFH games, he had his chance

but he decided to piss diet coke all over that chance instead.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kansas was coming off Ted Owens who had some pretty down seasons and then hired the loveable but dirty AF Larry Brown who won us a title then bolted as the NCAA figured out what he was up to.

The next hire was very important.
Rois winning percentage at Kansas is .805, 1 percent behind Selfs, and Self inherited a program in a much better state because of roi.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Larry Brown…now THERE is a coach worth welcoming back!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

japhy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:28 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:59 pm Let the Mitch Lightfoot era of Kansas basketball begin, no matter how short lived.
Let the Big Dave era of Kansas basketball begin, no matter how short lived.
Are we conceding the paint again tonight but in a more obvious way and just starting 4 guards and no center?

Let the even smaller ball era of Kansas basketball begin, no matter how short lived.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd also add we were the best team in the title game in 03 but Collison went cold from the line and Macmcnarra decided to heat check the whole first half.

Of course we came back in the most miraculous way in 08 but there was some luck to that...just as there was luck in 03.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m a fan of starting Dave and riding with it, then Jalen and freshmen as the depth.

Mitch seems like a good keed and all, but also not sure his playing time should be any more than before the under 16 timeout on senior night.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mitch depends on the opponents starting big.

Iowa State looks pretty small so this isn't a abuse the shit out of him game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That sounds like rationale in favor of Jalen and the freshies more so than Mitch.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think I may dislike Roy more now than in the years after he left. I don't recall feeling that jilted--of course it's been awhile ago.

But now, without feeling a need to defend him, I can see why so many found his antics annoying and corny. Crying after tourney exits was too much for programs like KU and UNC.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 am I think I may dislike Roy more now than in the years after he left. I don't recall feeling that jilted--of course it's been awhile ago.

But now, without feeling a need to defend him, I can see why so many found his antics annoying and corny. Crying after tourney exits was too much for programs like KU and UNC.
Pretty much this.

Also, are we going to make sure there is a bottle of coke at his seat today?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 am That sounds like rationale in favor of Jalen and the freshies more so than Mitch.
Keep dreaming.
Deleted User 863

Ousdahl has moved on from CB and now he's on a crusade to blame Mitch for any struggle we endure.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Last game:

Started, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 block, 0 steal, 1 assist.

Bro that’s Dajuan numbers.

And the thing is, we’ve already got Dajuan starting. I’m not sure we can afford to start more of him.

And with giving minutes to freshmen we at least get the benefit of development. That’s not the case with a 26th year senior.
Deleted User 863

So are we playing for next year or are we trying to win it all this year?

Develop the players who can't make the rotation in the offseason and in practice. You don't fuck up this season because some stubborn fans who don't watch any practices and miss some of the games can't accept that Yesufu isn't better than Harris or that Mitch is better at the 5 than the freshies or Jalen. Ousdahl needs more evidence. Because those Drake box scores we impressive.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

In addition to Guess the Score, can we get a second game going?

Daily odds on whether or not the game is actually played? Maybe using some crimbucks? Odds start 24 hours before tip.
Deleted User 863

The blue name has demands!

You need to donate some crimbucks then make dumb demands.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I've seen more than enough this season to suggest that Jalen needs more minutes at the 5 and Mitch less.

The net positive of Mitch over Jalen at the 5 looks completely non-existent now that conference play has started. I'm fine giving up Mitch's weakside blocks in favor of Jalen's rebounding and offensive upside. Man on man post defending, they don't look much different anymore. Mitch is who he has always been.
Deleted User 863

LOL well apparently Self hasn't because we are at about 12min and counting for Jalen at the 5 for the entire season.

Jalen gets dominated at the 5 most of the time. The offense stagnates because we have 5 guys standing around the 3pt line and 1 or 2 of them can't shoot.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Self going away from Mitch the last 2 games is no coincidence.
Deleted User 863

Went away from him? He started. LOL

Played his season average for minutes in the 1st of those 2 games. And 10min in the 2nd game, which isn't going away from him. He's played 11min or less in half our games. Only more than 15mpg twice.

Fake news.