Re: Kansas v West Virginia Official Gamethread

Post by Deleted User 863 »

No

(Wet blanket)
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The charge on CB and the block later in the game were easily two of the worst calls of the season. He didn't have his usual game but damn.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CJB31 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:36 pm Do you guys think Agbaji could be a top 5 pick if he finished the year averaging around 18-20 pts per game and 45% behind the arc?
He would be lotto.
I dont think he goes top 5 bc of his past and his age.
Top 10 possible.

In the end, my guess is he ends up like 18th, to an ok team, which will be better anyways.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Huggins on McCormack:

"I don't know what's been going on here but the guy is a first round pick."

Ochai on DMac's slump:

"You just have to be mature about it and have a positive attitude, that's the only way you're going to get out of it."

Kansas is 34-6 over the past four years when DMac scores in double figures.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

mccormack does not possess one trait that is desired in a modern nba center. zero chance of him being a first round pick. huggins knows better

ochai has pretty much locked up being a first round pick. doubt he is able to get much higher than late lotto, but he has the perfect set of tools to be an nba wing
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Drove down to Lawrence in the crappy weather and road conditions. It was nice that so many people chose to stay home because we all got to spread out and be comfortable.

This was one of the more entertaining games I have attended. So many guys played well for KU. Agbaji made WV pay for any little gap they gave him. Wilson finally had the game we all hoped he could have. McCormack was a damn stud on the boards. The fans that did come to the game were engaged and trying to drive the action. Really fun game and well worth the sketchy drive. My back is not happy about all the time sitting down but a day of laying down watching football is helping to calm that down.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

just watched a replay.

Good Dave looks like the starting big on a contender

I wanna see Dajuan driving more.

feels weird to say but our most complete player is Wilson. Shoots drives creates rebounds.

CB block party is so rad

and on top of all them, the focal point is quietly and efficiently Och.

I'm for getting Yes more minutes. Dude looks explosive. If he can get going off the bench, oh man.

except now that may be moot if/when we ever get Remy healthy and/or out of the doghouse
Deleted User 863

Jalen is not our most complete player imo. That would be Och or CB for me.

Still on the Yesufu train....explosive at what? Just that he looks like he can jump high or what?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeh those 3 dudes are studs. Them plus good Dave and options at guard is a nasty lineup.

Illy do you think Wilson is the best at anything among those 3? Maybe handles?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:30 pm Jalen is not our most complete player imo. That would be Och or CB for me.

Still on the Yesufu train....explosive at what? Just that he looks like he can jump high or what?
Quick strong athletic can jump out of the gym. Has like a 43' vert supposedly. He has a really sturdy frame and can be very physically imposing for a point guard. Low to the ground with his dribble and really hard to contain. Very crafty scorer.

Getting yesefu confident and comfortable with this group could really be a x factor for this team
Deleted User 863

He's going to need to do more than jump high to be an impact player at KU.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:40 pm He's going to need to do more than jump high to be an impact player at KU.
Yes, but it shows he's got the tools.

He also looked more comfortable Saturday which is encouraging. Especially if pettiford continues to struggle.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Jalen had a great game. He is not the most complete player by any stretch. I know you hate Braun, but he and Och are head and shoulders above Jalen.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If he can consistently play like that we are a tough team to stop.

Yes....is athletic and fast. I don't have a lot of other good things to say about him yet. Hopefully I will in the future.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:04 pm Yes....is athletic and fast. I don't have a lot of other good things to say about him yet. Hopefully I will in the future.
that’s literally all he’s shown since arriving at KU

i couldn’t give two shits about what he did at Drake. look at charlie moore
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The game changed once Yes came in. Harris had 2 fouls, West Va pressured the shit out of Bobby. His athleticism showed out. They score and he does a one man press to cut 5-8 seconds off of the possession for West Va.

Like the first time Yes got the ball, he got to the rim for a floater, barely misses and Dave gets a rebound and an and-one pickup.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

It's interesting the analysis that occurs when it comes to certain players.

Did the game "totally change"? He played 12 entire minutes, but was absolutely better than Pettiford. His turnover rate was 28.6%. He did have 4 assists though. In those 12min his usage rate was 27.1%.

Has anyone else noticed DH actually shoots better %s than Yesufu?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Harris is better than Yes.
But we need another handling guard out there when Harris needs a break.
So until Remy returns, it'll be Yes or Pettiford, best man win.
Deleted User 863

Ya if we don't have Remy we will likely need 1 of Yesufu or Pettiford for at least 10min a game. Although I think CB and Och are fully capable of being our 2nd/3rd ball handlers, as is JW in many scenarios.

I am most surprised this year to see Self seems to really prefer Pettiford over Yesufu.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Playing a lot of CB or Och on the ball would be a big mistake on this team. Throwing away our weapons.

Plus, it would likely mean playing a 2 big offense, which we're not going to do for any significant amount of time.

Just get Remy back into the mix at full health.