Remy's Knee Thread:

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:12 am Not for nothin' but Ellis outscored Niang in the 2 games between them their senior year.
Stats don't matter.

All about the eye test.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I barely remember Niang, but guess you could call his game similar to Perry’s, with much more a physical element.

Which is to say, Perry if Perry had NBA talent, instead of being some Charmin soft western ks BofH about it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Selden and Niang were good friends.

The only thing PhD hates about Selden.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:25 am Selden and Niang were good friends.

The only thing PhD hates about Selden.
Fact
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Was Willey cauley-stein from kansas?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that’s a name i haven’t heard in a while
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cauley-Stein, Bol Bol, Semi Ojeleye, all sort of Kansans.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Gradey dick all the way up to #8. Speaking of Kansas kids
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

seems like the rumors about remy were bullshit. I'm sure he is a little frustrated.. but so was every athlete who ever had an injury ever
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is it just me or were the rumors at least somewhat validated?

He was good to go the other night but only got 15 minutes.

Now he’s posting brownie points on the gram.

Somebody wants outta da dawghouse.
Deleted User 863

Not how I am viewing this at all.

His knee is not 100%. He got 15min because other guys were playing well. If JW is playing 35+min then the minutes are either coming from Remy or DH. Self seems to prefer DH.
Deleted User 863

Remy was 1-5 with 2pts 2rebs 1ast 2stl and 2TOs. He wasn't lighting it up.

DH was actually being aggressive. 3-10fg with 7pts 4ast 1reb 2stl and 2TOs.

The talent gap between our small guards isn't as big as some wish. 3 future non NBA guards. That's not meant to be a diss to them. But it's not like DH is playing over Frank or Devonte.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 pm Remy was 1-5 with 2pts 2rebs 1ast 2stl and 2TOs. He wasn't lighting it up.

The talent gap between our small guards isn't as big as some wish. 3 future non NBA guards. That's not meant to be a diss to them. But it's not like DH is playing over Frank or Devonte.
Remy is significantly more talented than dajuan. Although I agree with them both being non NBA guys. Remy is only non NBA because he is too small. Dajuan is non NBA because he is too small too slow and not skilled enough
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Remy’s scoring plus Dajuan’s PG skills in one player might have a shot at the second round
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 pm Remy’s scoring plus Dajuan’s PG skills in one player might have a shot at the second round
The problem with Remy's "scoring" is that it doesn’t appear to exist @ KU nearly the way it did @ ASU. A lot of guys can put up good numbers on bad teams. Not so much at KU when the other players are good too.
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:26 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 pm Remy was 1-5 with 2pts 2rebs 1ast 2stl and 2TOs. He wasn't lighting it up.

Remy is significantly more talented than dajuan. Although I agree with them both being non NBA guys. Remy is only non NBA because he is too small. Dajuan is non NBA because he is too small too slow and not skilled enough
I guess it just depends on what we are considering "significant".

I'd say Remy's talent level is a whole lot closer to DHs than it is to a guy like Devonte.

Just going off recent elite college guards...lets say Trae Young/Ja Morant types are a 10 on the talent scale (1-10).....I'd put Remy at about a 6 and DH at a 4 or 5.

Remy is really awful at defense. And he seems to have a really hard time finding rhythm if he doesn't have the ball in his hands a lot. He wants to probe/freelance to create rather than exist within an offense. I personally don't think his talent level warrants us abandoning our offense so that we can let him freelance to find his shot. Och should be getting 15-20 shots a game. Everyone else should find their shots within the flow of our offense. I think CB and JW are just as good of scorers as Remy at this point, albeit in much different ways.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shit. Yea you’re right.

9ppg is half what he was at in the pac 12. But still twice what Dajuan averages.

Which is more likely:

- at least one of those dude’s ppg goes up

- both averages hold, and we can expect like 14ppg from our two smol guards

- Joe and/or Bobby starts hitting shots off the bench
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am hoping it’s the first option and the one guard is Remy.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:34 am I am hoping it’s the first option and the one guard is Remy.
Same.

But it's not nearly the lock it seemed to be in summer. I haven't given up hope, just adjusted my expectations.

I do not think Joe or Bobby have realistic chances to expect more than a Rod Stewart role of 5-7mpg when we are fully healthy.

If CB JW and Och all start playing 33+ every night there just aren't enough minutes. Especially since JW minutes will come almost exclusively at the 4 it appears.