“ The people who don't like change don't like all this change.”

No dude.
No.

Just a broad oversimplification.
AlOerter
Contributor

Re: Are we better than last year?

Post by AlOerter »

To use an over-used saying - it is what it is. Now let's see Self and company earn those fat paychecks. I'm still in as a fan. Rock Chalk!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Maybe I am simple.

But, I feel the makeup of this upcoming roster has match up advantages that last years squad did not have.

If KM chose to return, with DH running the sets……,
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KU was 25 to 1 odds earlier this season and it's moved to 12 to 1 odds so the general consensus is that we've improved this offseason -- which is what splashy gets like Mr. Courage will do for you.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how long are you gonna beat the dead “courage” horse?

(i agree with you, just curious if this’ll last till he leaves)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll sprinkle it throughout the season.
Just enough to get your twocoach's and illy's upset.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pdub already shitting on Hunter even harder than Randy shitting on Dajuan and Bobby combined
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if the children are going to be moving about the country freely. commanding 6 and 7 figures. they are fair game. fire away.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Mon May 15, 2023 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:08 am Pdub already shitting on Hunter even harder than Randy shitting on Dajuan and Bobby combined
Did you see his video?
And then his comments following his commitment?

Imagine he played for ANY other school.
Sorry, that's a really bad look ( imo ).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The noted philosopher Jamie Foxx would tell you: don't hate the player, hate the game.

I fully understand that you're pissed. It just seems like a bit of a self-own, to be so angry over what was basically a hat selection thing, that you're choosing not to enjoy an AA season* by a Jayhawk.

* Hoo boy, the rafters discussion won't be very fun on this one.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:16 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:08 am Pdub already shitting on Hunter even harder than Randy shitting on Dajuan and Bobby combined
Did you see his video?
And then his comments following his commitment?

Imagine he played for ANY other school.
Sorry, that's a really bad look ( imo ).
Can't help but sorta feel Self and our finance department sold out.
Seems he's kind of a douchebag - but I guess I should be thankful he's OUR douchebag.
Here's hoping for our first major example of LEGAL high cost/high reward.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You can both hate ( and hate isn't the right word here - ugh and meh are better ) the player and the game if the player acts like said player did after his commitment.

And this choosing* thing is just wrong too.

Someone may love Pizza Hut pizza. Someone may love Papa Kenos pizza. If the person who loved Papa Kenos Pizza found out that Pizza Hut recently bought out Papa Keno's, and now the ingredients of the pizza have changed, but it's still at it's heart pizza, they just might not like it. It isn't if they are actively choosing NOT to like it - they simply don't enjoy the new taste.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He's freaking like 21 or 22 man. Shove a microphone in the face of ANY college senior at KU and you're not going to get 100% perfect all the time.

Self and KUAD probably talked to him a bit about media relations after some recent comments. I imagine he'll learn quite a bit from Self, Norm, Coach Q, Big Dub and more. Self is going for the talented player and working on the public perception of him later instead of the other way around.

You have to remember, he came from being coached by an absolute clown in Juwan Howard who has shown zero smarts as it came to most situations when he's on the court or with the press. Michigan basketball has been absolute trash in the public eye and media and actions since Howard took over. Kansas has not been that way.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It's mostly meh for me. That doesn't mean I won't like watching KU basketball when they are really good next year.

I liked what Remy did last year in the tournament, but I don't think about him and think, 'what a great Jayhawk!'. It's just kinda meh. When thinking to 2008, I have deeper feelings about Case getting hurt, or in 1988, how great Newton was down the stretch, or Normore in the Championship game, or Barry vs. K-State.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:43 am or in 1988, how great Newton was down the stretch
You're welcome.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:32 am You can both hate ( and hate isn't the right word here - ugh and meh are better ) the player and the game if the player acts like said player did after his commitment.

And this choosing* thing is just wrong too.

Someone may love Pizza Hut pizza. Someone may love Papa Kenos pizza. If the person who loved Papa Kenos Pizza found out that Pizza Hut recently bought out Papa Keno's, and now the ingredients of the pizza have changed, but it's still at it's heart pizza, they just might not like it. It isn't if they are actively choosing NOT to like it - they simply don't enjoy the new taste.
Ok...but here you're getting internet-mad at the ingredients, not the restaurant GMs who apparently ruined pizza for you.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:07 am I'll sprinkle it throughout the season.
Just enough to get your twocoach's and illy's upset.
i’m not at all upset

like i said, i tend to agree with you
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it's alright to go 'ugh' or 'meh' if the cheese at the new Papa Keno's is rubbery and says any other cheese would have sold out too just to be partnered with Pizza Hut.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Free State finally changed their core menu after about 25 years. I never expected them to delete a couple of the items I actually ordered (and seemingly 'everyone' liked). I don't know what went into making these menu (GM or higher level) decisions. I just know what I order, eat, and enjoy. And now some of those items are gone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Some people I'm sure are brand loyal to Papa Keno's no matter what changes they integrate.
That's fine.
But those same people, if they are on a Papa Keno's fan website or subreddit, will probably have to get used to some flak from those who hate the changes...at least until a. they give up and accept the new product or b. find another pizza place.