2024/2025 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: 2024/2025 Lineup

Post by TDub »

big 12 votes to introduce "Hollywood Seats" floor seats between scorers table and team bench. So cool, just like the NBA!

bullshit. Each day rips more soul from the lifeless body of college sports.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Floor seats ruined college sports?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:14 pm Floor seats ruined college sports?
another brick in the wall
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:28 pm
That's gotta be way down the list.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The roller bleachers were never awesome.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

A more mature sounding Hunter.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:28 pm
You seem
(un)Comfortably Numb
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

So lower leg injury to Elmarko ended the camp scrimmage. Said he will be fine, but they also immobilized his leg, so that can't be great.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sure seems like we are going to at least attempt to play Bidunga at the 4 some.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When they asked what position he sees himself and whether he thinks he can play next to Hunter, he gave a sorta generic answer about how hard he works.

But later mentions working on his 15 footer and outside game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

An apparent injury to guard Elmarko Jackson brought an abrupt end to Kansas’ scrimmage Tuesday afternoon at the Bill Self Basketball Camp, putting a damper on the summer debut of the new-look KU basketball roster.

Jackson went down hard to the ground after getting hit on his way to the rim. The Jayhawks’ trainers took a look at him for several minutes, attending to his lower leg, before head coach Bill Self told the gathered crowd of campers, “Elmarko’s going to be fine,” said that Jackson’s affected area had been immobilized as a precautionary measure and then concluded the scrimmage.

Jackson soon walked off the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena court, flanked by the Jayhawks’ training staff.

“I saw the fall, but I didn’t really see what happened because I was on the bench,” center Hunter Dickinson said. “But it was good to see him being able to walk it off on his own … Hoping for the best, not sure, but we got a really good training staff that’ll get him back as soon as he can.”

The hit to Jackson, who is looking to take a leap forward after an up-and-down freshman campaign in Lawrence, cut short a scrimmage that was originally intended to be played to 60 with the score, unofficially, at 46-38 in favor of Jackson’s blue team.

Incoming freshmen Flory Bidunga and Rakease Passmore had stolen the show for the blue team for much of the afternoon. Bidunga went after All-American center Hunter Dickinson to score his team’s first six points (of eight total), and after a sluggish outside shooting start, Passmore picked up the slack with four 3-pointers and a game-high 16 points.

Dickinson, who led the red team with 10 points, had praise for both young teammates.

“He was playing,” Dickinson said of Passmore. “He was balling out there. The coaches were talking about it. He was definitely hooping, taking advantage of the opportunity.”

And of the young center Bidunga, Dickinson said he was “going to try to teach him everything I know, try to help him out in any way I can, and try to make sure he maximizes his potential.”

Bidunga, new to Lawrence after several years in Kokomo, Indiana, and his upbringing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, said he was eager to learn from Self.

“I’m enjoying doing it,” Bidunga said. “Best coach for me, one of the best coaches in the league. I’m really glad to play for him and just have him develop me to the next level.”

One open question for Self is exactly how Bidunga, “probably as good of a prospect as we have,” will fit from a positional standpoint.

“We got to figure out who he is and how he impacts us and what he can do to help,” Self said on Monday in Topeka. “Because he’s really not tall — 6-7, 6-7 and a half — but he’s a terrific, freakish type (of) athlete that can change directions, that can jump, that can put pressure on the rim. He can do a lot of things. But can he play with Hunter, or how does it work?”

Bidunga, for his part, said on Tuesday that his positional fit depends on how much work he puts in, and how much work he’s given, but “let’s see how that goes.”

Besides Passmore’s potent all-around scoring, other highlights of Tuesday’s scrimmage included two 3-pointers each from Alabama transfer Rylan Griffen and former manager Patrick Cassidy for the red team, as well as a fierce transition dunk by Jackson.

Wisconsin transfer AJ Storr scored nine points, including a dunk, pair of layups and 3-pointer, for the red team. Jamari McDowell looked sharp on offense and hit two 3-pointers of his own, matching Bidunga’s eight points for the blue squad.

KU’s entire roster scored except for South Dakota State transfer Zeke Mayo and freshman walk-on Will Thengvall.

Former Jayhawks Christian Braun (now of the Denver Nuggets) and Tyon Grant-Foster (now at Grand Canyon) were in attendance.
https://www2.kusports.com/sports/colleg ... scrimmage/
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:20 pm

He better be. He isn't going to be a center in the NBA at his height. He will have to be able to shoot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, considering he’s been listed as high as 6’10” elsewhere, kind of a bummer to hear Self say he’s like 6’7” and a half donut tops.

Curious to see him next to KJ, who’s actually listed at 6’7” tho that seems generous too. Maybe they count the hairdo?

I’m also now intrigued by Passmore. Maybe he’s the dynamic guard we been jonesing for?!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:53 am I’m also now intrigued by Passmore. Maybe he’s the dynamic guard we been jonesing for?!
LOL. Shocker.

You pick a guy who may not even be in the rotation and put unrealistic expectations on him. Rinse. Repeat.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:00 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:20 pm

He better be. He isn't going to be a center in the NBA at his height. He will have to be able to shoot.
Maybe, maybe not. Nba centers have been getting smaller and more athletic over the past decades. If he has good feet and can switch and guard 5 positions, he's viable with his wingspan and athletic ability
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, I haven’t expected him to be a rotation player yet either.

And these summer scrimmages mean about as much as Late Nite. That’s to say, they don’t mean much at all. (Unless heaven forbid Elmarko’s injury is worse than reported)

He and Dajuan combined for 4 points, tho again, it’s just summer scrimmage.

But I still think this roster is such a weird makeup. I dunno if we can really be that good without addressing our lack of scoring from the lead spot, especially when paired with a slow soft old school center and an undersized non-shooting forward.

And all scoring aside, what lead guard could possibly be better at distributing the ball than a guy literally named Passmore?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:00 pm big 12 votes to introduce "Hollywood Seats" floor seats between scorers table and team bench. So cool, just like the NBA!

bullshit. Each day rips more soul from the lifeless body of college sports.
Those will sell for high dollar amounts and help with NIL revenue. And I'm curious what kind of clowns we will see buying those floor seats
Last edited by randylahey on Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.