ksu is trash

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: ksu is trash

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good perspective from Jay Williams. Talks to those here who want Silvio off.

https://twitter.com/realjaywilliams/sta ... 94816?s=21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:43 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 am has it been mentioned that the steal and attempted layup would have, in and of itself been viewed as a slight? you don’t let the opposition, particularly the staties in this situation, disrespect you in your house. Silvio wasn’t having it. i’m 100% ok with everything that happened from KU’s side up until the statie players came rushing in
Is it an intentional slight, or is it a dumb Freshman getting some garbage time minutes and impulsively thinking to himself that this is a golden opportunity to get two points under his name in the box score? It’s a bad look either way, but I’m not sure it was nefarious intent.
I think i saw Dajuan Gordon plays 20+ minutes a game. So, not just trying to innocently get his name in the box score.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:28 am Official Suspensions:
Silvio 9 games
Mac 1 game
James Love (He's injured I think for year but he'll be suspended for 8 games)
DaJuan Gordon 1 game

KU and both fined, reprimanded and will be on probation for rest of the year.
Where did you see this? LJW does not seem to have it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I pretty much agree with Trad here. I am actually not okay with suspending SDS until he has a chance to explain his side of it. I am angry that Weber has so little control of his squad. They started and escalated it. On the road. And This Pappas style punking should merit a suspension every time now. A lot of tsk tsking at the time, but it set a bad precedent. He was proud of it and became internet famous for being a dick in a 55-point blow out. You can’t let a humiliated team take out aggression like that.
Last edited by Sparko on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:58 am
Silvio 9 games
Mac 1 game
DaJuan Gordon 1 game

He click baited us. It's his prediction. I sent them onto my dad before realizing LOL.

Here are some words of wisdom from Nick Saban that I think are really impactful about the role college sports are supposed to play in the development of young adults. (Starts about 2min in)

https://youtu.be/xHYGeQGJRTY
Last edited by Deleted User 295 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:00 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:58 am
Silvio 9 games
Mac 1 game
DaJuan Gordon 1 game

He click baited us. It's his prediction. I sent them onto my dad before realizing LOL.
If you guys thought a post was official without being in all caps lock, that’s on you.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Insert Michael Scott "Thank you!" gif here.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:32 am https://twitter.com/TalkinHawks/status/ ... 68065?s=20

Maybe this has been posted
This video should really squash the ridiculous "Silvio is an animal, put him down" angle.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:32 am https://twitter.com/TalkinHawks/status/ ... 68065?s=20

Maybe this has been posted
This video should really squash the ridiculous "Silvio is an animal, put him down" angle.
Yea I initially was pretty hard on Silvio. While, i still think the chair was a poor poor decision and will become the symbol of this incident, I have eased on Silvio because of videos like this one.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The stool earned him a deserved suspension.

It's not enough to make me comfortable giving up on the guy. Especially when so many programs, ours included, kept a longer leash for so many past players.

Since it's the Big 12, use Marcus Smart suspended 3 games for getting into an altercation with a fan as a baseline.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Technically, the game clock was at 0.0 before Silvio taunted the KSU player on the floor. Squeeks was nearly at half court to shake hands. I raise this point concerning the KU players being off their bench and trying to Stop the fight.
Deleted User 295

Yes. You could see he picked it up as more of a statement and not to use as a weapon. They kept saying JHoward grabbed it, but he was already dropping it. He knew he shouldn't have done it right when he grabbed it, but JFC he's in a fight things happen.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:44 am https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/12 ... mp4?tag=10

Another angle. A nice view of kstate starting the whole thing annnnd bonus footage of Case flying in from off screen to take out White Pants.
Snacks:

https://youtu.be/CBJey2dkiAI
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 295

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:21 am Technically, the game clock was at 0.0 before Silvio taunted the KSU player on the floor. Squeeks was nearly at half court to shake hands. I raise this point concerning the KU players being off their bench and trying to Stop the fight.
Yes. Curious how that'll be viewed. Everyone thought the game was over. But the problem is that the game wasn't over and they put time on the clock, shot a free throw, and in bounded the ball. Hopefully the NCAA uses some common sense, but LOL at them being capable of that.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 am The stool earned him a deserved suspension.

It's not enough to make me comfortable giving up on the guy. Especially when so many programs, ours included, kept a longer leash for so many past players.

Since it's the Big 12, use Marcus Smart suspended 3 games for getting into an altercation with a fan as a baseline.
Agreed.

The caveat is that Silvio's incident was way more visible to the general public than past players transgressions, which may increase pressure to shorten the leash.
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I honestly don't think they'll suspend anyone coming off the bench except for that Love guy and McCormack because those were the 2 biggest aggressors in the ordeal outside of Silvio.

This isn't NBA where it's an automatic suspension. Don't think there's been any precedence for that. There doesn't seem to be a set rule regarding that.

But you best believe kstate's coaching staff is going to have a good talking to from NCAA and conference because they did NOTHING to prevent their guys coming on the court. Granted KU coaches didn't either, but KU coaches were in a dead sprint to protect their guys. But it all started right on kstate's bench with coaches within arms reach of being able to stop their guys coming on to the court.

But honestly, a bench clearing thing doesn't happen with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half. It only happened because the clock was at 0.0 and it happened after a frustrating game by the losers.

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 am
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:21 am Technically, the game clock was at 0.0 before Silvio taunted the KSU player on the floor. Squeeks was nearly at half court to shake hands. I raise this point concerning the KU players being off their bench and trying to Stop the fight.
Yes. Curious how that'll be viewed. Everyone thought the game was over. But the problem is that the game wasn't over and they put time on the clock, shot a free throw, and in bounded the ball. Hopefully the NCAA uses some common sense, but LOL at them being capable of that.

Not the exact point, but this was Jays first and immediate take. Extending the drama was just as bad as ESPN exploiting it.

https://twitter.com/jaybilas/status/121 ... 28773?s=21
I am, I said.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:43 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 am has it been mentioned that the steal and attempted layup would have, in and of itself been viewed as a slight? you don’t let the opposition, particularly the staties in this situation, disrespect you in your house. Silvio wasn’t having it. i’m 100% ok with everything that happened from KU’s side up until the statie players came rushing in
Is it an intentional slight, or is it a dumb Freshman getting some garbage time minutes and impulsively thinking to himself that this is a golden opportunity to get two points under his name in the box score? It’s a bad look either way, but I’m not sure it was nefarious intent.
doesn’t matter

statie kid should’ve known better (as weberace basically said)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

As should happen. Lots of national folks watching more video this morning and not just reacting off of instinct. And while they are realizing that Silvio is not innocent, this started with 6-10 kstate guys pushing him and he retaliated. Gordon #11 pushes Silvio over goal. Silvio swings and Gordon bails (Like a typical basketball pussy) and then Love comes in and starts swinging and that's when McCormack and Garrett got involved.

I've seen a lot of people say Silvio should be suspended, they realize that kstate is far from innocent. Them pussies in purple really got the thing going.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 am Yeah I honestly don't think they'll suspend anyone coming off the bench except for that Love guy and McCormack because those were the 2 biggest aggressors in the ordeal outside of Silvio.

This isn't NBA where it's an automatic suspension. Don't think there's been any precedence for that. There doesn't seem to be a set rule regarding that.

But you best believe kstate's coaching staff is going to have a good talking to from NCAA and conference because they did NOTHING to prevent their guys coming on the court. Granted KU coaches didn't either, but KU coaches were in a dead sprint to protect their guys. But it all started right on kstate's bench with coaches within arms reach of being able to stop their guys coming on to the court.

But honestly, a bench clearing thing doesn't happen with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half. It only happened because the clock was at 0.0 and it happened after a frustrating game by the losers.
McCormack didn't come off the bench, he was in the game.

Also, isn't the bench clearing thing an NBA rule, I'm not aware that the college game has the same rule?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.