2024/2025 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
mjl2
Contributor

Re: 2024/2025 Lineup

Post by mjl2 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:37 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:35 pm You aren't high on moore?
I didn't know he existed 72hrs ago.
Yeah, exactly. This is "what do we do if Mayo can't play point".
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:23 pm Is Griffen a good ball handler?

Who gets the PG minutes when DH is out: Zeke or ShakMo (still not liking it)?

Late last year, when Elmarko was messing up and DH was out (and KM was hurt), we had Kj initiating offense and bringing the ball up. We really need Zeke or ShakMo to be able to competently bring the ball up against pressure and initiate offense for 6-8mim per game.

I do like the idea of letting Kj initiate occasionally at times (especially when DH is out), similar to how we used JW at times, because it takes the pressure off of his shooting and he excels at passing/driving.

I've also been seeing some videos of HD looking quicker and stronger. A clear emphasis for him must be the pump fake on jump shots and driving to the hoop. That should improve his effectiveness in the p&r with DH and with the big to big action we run with he and Kj. Self should be watching tape of how well Rudy and KAT work together in their big to big action and try to replicate some of that.
I think some of what you said went completely unnoticed last year, in particular with KJ playing some point when Harris was out, McCullar was hurt, and Elmarko was completely untrustable.

As well as how Wilson took pressure off Harris by being the guy taking it up court and initiating the offense the year before.

Harris isn't effective running the team more than 30 mpg. He needs help. I'm curious if Self by end of year trusts Moore or KJ with that more. Or, preferably, Mayo can play point and it's a non-issue
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:12 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:37 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:35 pm You aren't high on moore?
I didn't know he existed 72hrs ago.
He's a nice addition to our team. Tons of experience. He's a shifty point with a decent outside jumper.

Most importantly he guards. He locks in defensively and is kind of a "pest"
Self gives guys a chance if they guard.

It's not a coincidence he committed immediately after elmarkos role became vacant
That's what I've gathered as well.

My initial reaction was that it seems unlikely we play he and DH together, so that essentially caps his minutes at like 8-10 per game.

I guess some/a lot depends on Zeke. He has more of what we need.

We know only 8 guys are going to play. Maybe 9 if Self gets "crazy" (for him). At least in close games. Maybe we'll blow some people out and get some extended bench minutes this year.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

we know dajuan is playing over 30 minutes a game. All we need moore to do is give us a few minutes of defense and ball handling. Maybe get a bucket or 2. We're golden. He's got a couple seasons worth of starts in the SEC. He can step in as a back up pg
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Love his attitude. Understands he's a freshman.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas