2024/2025 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: 2024/2025 Lineup

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:23 pm Still think clemence is a dark horse to be a solid contributor. It'll all come down to how he fits with other players, and if he can guard.

But a 6'10 shooter who's bulked up and in year 4 at the program is nobody to forget about. He's talented. Just needs some confidence and to carve out a role
I also think his role is directly impacted by how ready Bidunga is to contribute. If Bidunga is super raw (which we sort of know he is) then Clemence will have 10mpg almost guaranteed to help give HD and KJ breathers.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:39 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:23 pm Still think clemence is a dark horse to be a solid contributor. It'll all come down to how he fits with other players, and if he can guard.

But a 6'10 shooter who's bulked up and in year 4 at the program is nobody to forget about. He's talented. Just needs some confidence and to carve out a role
I also think his role is directly impacted by how ready Bidunga is to contribute. If Bidunga is super raw (which we sort of know he is) then Clemence will have 10mpg almost guaranteed to help give HD and KJ breathers.
I'll take your comment a step further. It's still hard to predict playing time, because even tho bidunga is super raw, he can still be super effective, just by unleasing that athleticism and seeing what happens
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:24 am
DeletedUser wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:39 am

I'll take your comment a step further. It's still hard to predict playing time, because even tho bidunga is super raw, he can still be super effective, just by unleasing that athleticism and seeing what happens
Semi agree... Unless the juice (highlights) isn't worth the squeeze (mistakes that cost the team wins).

He's got to be the biggest unknown heading into the season. He looked extremely raw in the McDs AA game. Raw isn't my favorite attribute for a CBB player in this modern era. Athleticism is cool and exciting, but skill and understanding is required to be effective at basketball in Self's system.

....but if he can be a menace on DEFENSE then he'll get to play, regardless of his mistakes on offense. If he sucks at defense and understanding the team concept then Clemence will finally get his chance to contribute.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yeah the "athleticism unleashed" theory is with the optimistic hope he can make plays on defense other guys at this level can't. With hustle and athleticism. You're absolutely right, he's going to be raw and mistake prone.

I think there is room for clemence and bidunga to both come in and play together tho.

Unless.. the transfers are so good they demand minutes and storr plays more at the 4 than we think he might
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I really do like the idea of this lineup on offense

Dajuan
Zeke
Griffen
Storr
Bitchass (hunter)
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Sure hope they keep their grades up, don't want to have any academic ineligibilities ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:02 am I really do like the idea of this lineup on offense

Dajuan
Zeke
Griffen
Storr
Bitchass (hunter)
We will definitely see some of that for sure. I sure hope some of these guys are shooters and can actually shoot while wearing a KU uniform instead of forgetting how like some of our previous transfers.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ramjet wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:46 pm Sure hope they keep their grades up, don't want to have any academic ineligibilities ...

Is that even still a thing?
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:18 pm
ramjet wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:46 pm Sure hope they keep their grades up, don't want to have any academic ineligibilities ...

I don't know ... do we have a # of "scholarships" limitation or is is simply a NIL thing with how much and how spread? What's on the front of the jersey, Mass St Collective?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m surprised there isn’t a MSC patch being sewn on the unis
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ramjet wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:12 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:18 pm

I don't know ... do we have a # of "scholarships" limitation or is is simply a NIL thing with how much and how spread? What's on the front of the jersey, Mass St Collective?
The scholarship thing is close to being sorted out. From what I remember many seem to think scholarship limits are going away soon.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:13 pm i’m surprised there isn’t a MSC patch being sewn on the unis
They should at least put QR codes on them. Poor kids. Barely scraping by.