Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by Shirley »

I'd be a lot more optimistic about the future if what's good for Bibi was good for Israel and the Palestinians.

I trust Biden to know the difference, and act like it.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bibi is a case study in malign drift that occurs with being in power too long. Too long can be 60-seconds for someone like Trump
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wasn't the relationship between Biden and Bibi pretty cool up until this latest conflict?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:54 pm wasn't the relationship between Biden and Bibi pretty cool up until this latest conflict?
You mean, before or after House Speaker Boehner and republicans invited Bibi to speak before congress in Jan of 2015 as a way of telling the Obama Admin to go fuck itself while it was negotiating with Iran about its nuclear program, which Bibi was against?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:49 pm Enjoy your ethnic cleansing.
465 million Arabs.

7.1 million Jews

I know you aren't good with numbers, but still, that's about as fucking moronic a comment as imaginable.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:49 pm Okay then.

It would be easier to take you seriously if you weren’t so shamelessly condescending.

Enjoy your ethnic cleansing.
do you ever wonder why you think every single person is condescending?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

actually, not everyone is condescending.

there's still some cool posters around.

just not you guys.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:17 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:49 pm Enjoy your ethnic cleansing.
465 million Arabs.

7.1 million Jews

I know you aren't good with numbers, but still, that's about as fucking moronic a comment as imaginable.
geezer was right about you.

excuse me...

geezer wuz right about you.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Hate is a strong word. I don't "hate" this bitch but I don't like her. I do give her credit for being honest and sharing this story.

Brigitte Gabriel
@ACTBrigitte

My mother was injured towards the end of the war in Lebanon, and we were left with no choice but to bring her to Israel to be treated for her injuries.

I remember my father handing me $60 from the mattress in our bomb shelter, the war had nearly bankrupted my family. We did not have much left and a trip across the border to Israel for medical treatment seemed out of reach.

I took my mother to the local "hospital" in town which was now bombed out and left with just 1 large room for treating basic injuries. The volunteer Israeli doctor and nurses were treating everyone who entered but had limited resources. My mother needed to visit a real hospital.

We put my mother in an Israeli donated ambulance and drove to the Israeli border, it was about a 10 minute drive to the border. Once we arrived at the border the Lebanese driver who knew my parents asked me, "Do you have any money for the ambulance ride to the border?" As an innocent child at the time with no experience around money, I pulled out all $60 and said, "This is all I have, how much do you need?" He took $30 and I thanked him for his kindness and service and proceeded to be with my mother as she was loaded into another ambulance to transport us to an Israeli hospital across the border, this time we were driven by an IDF reservist called up for the war.

The drive to the Israeli hospital was long and when we finally arrived, I knew the $30 left was not going to be enough money. If it had cost $30 for a 10 minute drive to the border, there is no way it could be enough for this long journey. As they were loading my mother off the ambulance and into the hospital, I pulled out the remaining money I had and offered it to the Israeli ambulance driver for the trip.

He looked down at my money and then back at me and said, "What is this for? We are offering this service to you and your mother for free. Keep the money for the rest of your trip and I wish your mother a speedy recovery." He then went on his way to help others in need.

I felt so touched. I could not believe his kindness. I then became enraged as I realized the Lebanese driver who was friends with my parents took advantage of me and stole $30 from me for a free service.

It was that moment that I realized everything I was told about Israel from the Arabs in Lebanon was a lie.

It was that moment that I learned the difference between the Arab culture and the Israeli culture.
3:55 PM · Nov 1, 2023
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:21 pm actually, not everyone is condescending.

there's still some cool posters around.

just not you guys.
And everyone was right about you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well said, CoyDC.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:58 pm

It would be easier to take you seriously if you weren’t so shamelessly condescending.

I'll readily admit to being condescending to him. But then, when someone writes something as thoroughly deranged as "Enjoy your ethnic cleansing," condescension is, perhaps, the kindest possible response.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Not everyone is intentionally obtuse to the issues of moral responsibility...

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1 ... 6823234752
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, forgive me for being condescending myself.

Once again, I don’t deny that antisemitism was, and is, a horrible problem, that the Jewish people should not have to endure.

But also not sure antisemitism can or should be used as an excuse for Israelis committing war crime after war crime, and wiping an entire ethnic community off the map, using weapons paid for by you and me.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:16 am
TDub wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:58 pm

I'll readily admit to being condescending to him. But then, when someone writes something as thoroughly deranged as "Enjoy your ethnic cleansing," condescension is, perhaps, the kindest possible response.
well, sure.

Using "youre so condescending" is just his go to "poor me, I'm the victim, I'm just being the adult in the room asking the hard questions" to redirect the conversation away from his terrible and uninformed hot takes.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:25 am
But also not sure antisemitism can or should be used as an excuse for Israelis committing war crime after war crime, and wiping an entire ethnic community off the map, using weapons paid for by you and me.
Hmmm. War crime after war crime.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I see 3 options. None of which are great.
1. Israel does nothing.
2. Israel commits "war crimes".
3. Israel wipes Gaza off the face of the Earth.

I'm left wondering what option people truly feel the Israelis should choose.
I'd go with #2.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:05 am I see 3 options. None of which are great.
1. Israel does nothing.

I'd go with #2.
War is NEVER an ideal solution.

But sometimes, it is the only solution.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:17 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:05 am I see 3 options. None of which are great.
1. Israel does nothing.

I'd go with #2.
War is NEVER an ideal solution.

But sometimes, it is the only solution.
pretty much
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

There they go again with their war crimes (after war crimes). DaMn DiRtY jOoZ!

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/stat ... 1504047604