ksu is trash

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 295

Re: ksu is trash

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Seriously who picks a fight with a team that has Dok DMac and SDS? They're lucky it got broken up because DMac was ready and willing to completely manhandle those staties.
Deleted User 295

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 am Yeah I honestly don't think they'll suspend anyone coming off the bench except for that Love guy and McCormack because those were the 2 biggest aggressors in the ordeal outside of Silvio.

This isn't NBA where it's an automatic suspension. Don't think there's been any precedence for that. There doesn't seem to be a set rule regarding that.

But you best believe kstate's coaching staff is going to have a good talking to from NCAA and conference because they did NOTHING to prevent their guys coming on the court. Granted KU coaches didn't either, but KU coaches were in a dead sprint to protect their guys. But it all started right on kstate's bench with coaches within arms reach of being able to stop their guys coming on to the court.

But honestly, a bench clearing thing doesn't happen with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half. It only happened because the clock was at 0.0 and it happened after a frustrating game by the losers.
McCormack didn't come off the bench, he was in the game.

Also, isn't the bench clearing thing an NBA rule, I'm not aware that the college game has the same rule?
I'm pretty sure DMac was out of the game at that point. I think it was SDS and the whities (walkons).
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

There is going to be some lengthy suspensions doled out today. And rightfully so.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 am Yeah I honestly don't think they'll suspend anyone coming off the bench except for that Love guy and McCormack because those were the 2 biggest aggressors in the ordeal outside of Silvio.

This isn't NBA where it's an automatic suspension. Don't think there's been any precedence for that. There doesn't seem to be a set rule regarding that.

But you best believe kstate's coaching staff is going to have a good talking to from NCAA and conference because they did NOTHING to prevent their guys coming on the court. Granted KU coaches didn't either, but KU coaches were in a dead sprint to protect their guys. But it all started right on kstate's bench with coaches within arms reach of being able to stop their guys coming on to the court.

But honestly, a bench clearing thing doesn't happen with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half. It only happened because the clock was at 0.0 and it happened after a frustrating game by the losers.
McCormack didn't come off the bench, he was in the game.

Also, isn't the bench clearing thing an NBA rule, I'm not aware that the college game has the same rule?
I'm pretty sure DMac was out of the game at that point. I think it was SDS and the whities (walkons).
SDS, DMac, Teahan, Jankovic, and Elliot.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:06 am Seriously who picks a fight with a team that has Dok DMac and SDS? They're lucky it got broken up because DMac was ready and willing to completely manhandle those staties.
Speaking of....where was Dok?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

2 big lineup! SELF loves it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:09 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:06 am Seriously who picks a fight with a team that has Dok DMac and SDS? They're lucky it got broken up because DMac was ready and willing to completely manhandle those staties.
One of last guys to the scrum. Can be seen just yelling at everyone.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The children participated in nonsense. Now it’s time to pay.

I just hope the league acts swiftly. Get it over with.
Deleted User 295

Not positive, but in every video I've seen he doesn't show up until the very end and isn't fighting at all....I'm hopeful 1 of our coaches who wasn't running to break it up had the presence of mind to keep him on the bench as long as possible.

We can probably beat UT if we have Dok and the 4 walkons.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:32 am https://twitter.com/TalkinHawks/status/ ... 68065?s=20

Maybe this has been posted
This video should really squash the ridiculous "Silvio is an animal, put him down" angle.
I had no real problem with with DeSousa did until he picked up that stool. That was where he crossed the line for me. I get that you cant punch people and if things didnt escalate beyond the initial scuffle and his thrown punches then I would have expected him to get suspended for a few games but WTF is he supposed to do when multiple opposing players are going after him. I dont blame him for defending himself.

But when he picked up that stool, this became a whole different thing that will stain KU for years. He should receive a stiff suspension the length of which I wont have a problem with unless it is too short. If they booted him off the team, I wouldnt complain. I think that would be overkill but I wouldnt complain.
Deleted User 295

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:10 am The children participated in nonsense. Now it’s time to pay.

Thankfully since we've got a game in a few days they can't drag their heels like they're known to do.

If they pull some "indefinite suspension" BS then I'll lose my mind.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

As funny as it was, that chair is going to be thing that hurts SDS.
Deleted User 295

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 am If they booted him off the team, I wouldnt complain. I think that would be overkill but I wouldnt complain.
https://youtu.be/xHYGeQGJRTY

Start around 2min.

And then try to argue that Self should kick him off the team. This wasn't that bad. It's a fight. I've been in plenty that were much worse than this. Nobody even got a bloody nose.

The only casualties were JCase's suit, and Webers respect.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

lobster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:13 am As funny as it was, that chair is going to be thing that hurts SDS.
Explain to me the “funny” portion please.
Deleted User 295

lobster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:13 am As funny as it was, that chair is going to be thing that hurts SDS.
Ya. He'd probably have gotten 1 or 2 games at most without that.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:10 am The children participated in nonsense. Now it’s time to pay.

Actually I think a lot of guys acted with maturity. Most were there as peacemakers.

SDS, McMac and Garrett will likely face some deserved punishment, but the rest acted like men.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Dok approached the scrum towards the end and was yelling. When he walked over there a large man basically put him in a bear hug and wouldn't let him get closer. I'm guessing it was Wayne Simien but couldn't tell for sure.

The last thing that scrum needed was Dok in the middle of it too lol
Last edited by randylahey on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:15 am
Explain to me the “funny” portion please.
Humor is often a bit dark, no? I got several good laughs out of last night. Some of you are taking life too serious.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Why Garrett getting suspended? All he did was stand over a guy and then got moved away quick. McCormack threw a punch once Love did.

If anyone is suspended, it's going to be Silvio and McCormack from KU. Love and Gordon from kstate.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

On the plus side, that last block was the most intensity, urgency, and effort Ive seen from SDS all season.
Just Ledoux it