ksu is trash

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: ksu is trash

Post by Deleted User 104 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:19 am On the plus side, that last block was the most intensity, urgency, and effort Ive seen from SDS all season.
^^^
It was awesome.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 am Why Garrett getting suspended? All he did was stand over a guy and then got moved away quick. McCormack threw a punch once Love did.

If anyone is suspended, it's going to be Silvio and McCormack from KU. Love and Gordon from kstate.
After white pants warby parker went down he went after him, also needed to be restrained by coaches, and wasn't in the game.

If the Big12 wants to suspend multiple guys, he's next on the list of KU guys after SDS/McMack.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

At this point de sousa just needs to do the right thing and say the k state player called him the N word.

Punishment will be a one game suspension tops
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:32 am https://twitter.com/TalkinHawks/status/ ... 68065?s=20

Maybe this has been posted
This video should really squash the ridiculous "Silvio is an animal, put him down" angle.
I had no real problem with with DeSousa did until he picked up that stool. That was where he crossed the line for me. I get that you cant punch people and if things didnt escalate beyond the initial scuffle and his thrown punches then I would have expected him to get suspended for a few games but WTF is he supposed to do when multiple opposing players are going after him. I dont blame him for defending himself.

But when he picked up that stool, this became a whole different thing that will stain KU for years. He should receive a stiff suspension the length of which I wont have a problem with unless it is too short. If they booted him off the team, I wouldnt complain. I think that would be overkill but I wouldnt complain.
It was a bad decision in the heat of the moment and no one got hurt.

Yes, it was a bad decision, but prior he had been nothing but a great citizen since he arrived.

Compare picking up a stool with some of the other actual criminal actions that get short suspensions across the country and in Lawrence. I'd think a lot less of Self if he throws De Sousa to the dogs over this.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:19 am On the plus side, that last block was the most intensity, urgency, and effort Ive seen from SDS all season.
That was a shit ton of frustration built up.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/169 ... tate-brawl

Lots of various angles/clips and funny commentary
Deleted User 104

I know I am not the only one who found the stool funny.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:00 am
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:43 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 am has it been mentioned that the steal and attempted layup would have, in and of itself been viewed as a slight? you don’t let the opposition, particularly the staties in this situation, disrespect you in your house. Silvio wasn’t having it. i’m 100% ok with everything that happened from KU’s side up until the statie players came rushing in
Is it an intentional slight, or is it a dumb Freshman getting some garbage time minutes and impulsively thinking to himself that this is a golden opportunity to get two points under his name in the box score? It’s a bad look either way, but I’m not sure it was nefarious intent.
doesn’t matter

statie kid should’ve known better (as weberace basically said)
No disagreement here. Just proposing that his motivation was selfishness rather than malice.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 am If they booted him off the team, I wouldnt complain. I think that would be overkill but I wouldnt complain.
https://youtu.be/xHYGeQGJRTY

Start around 2min.

And then try to argue that Self should kick him off the team. This wasn't that bad. It's a fight. I've been in plenty that were much worse than this. Nobody even got a bloody nose.

The only casualties were JCase's suit, and Webers respect.
I didnt say that he should, just that I would understand and not complain if he did. I think he should get about 8-10 games or so.
Deleted User 295

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:41 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 am If they booted him off the team, I wouldnt complain. I think that would be overkill but I wouldnt complain.
https://youtu.be/xHYGeQGJRTY

Start around 2min.

And then try to argue that Self should kick him off the team. This wasn't that bad. It's a fight. I've been in plenty that were much worse than this. Nobody even got a bloody nose.

The only casualties were JCase's suit, and Webers respect.
I didnt say that he should, just that I would understand and not complain if he did. I think he should get about 8-10 games or so.
Same. 10 games seems about right..probably only 3 without the stool, maybe less.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So, what are the range of punishments you've seen proposed?

randyhaley: 1 game
My initial reaction: 3-5 games
Jay Williams: 10 games
Fran Fraschilla: rest of season
Dick Vitale: banned from college basketball
Kansas State fans: Deportation
Seth Greenberg: 2-5 years in Jail
Pyschhawk/HouseDivided: Electric Chair

Real one is probably somewhere in there.
Deleted User 295

Jay Williams

(Assuming we're talking about SDS only)
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm hoping we just suspend him indefinitely.

Didn't that end up being one game for Grayson Allen?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 295

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 am I'm hoping we just suspend him indefinitely.

Didn't that end up being one game for Grayson Allen?
LOL we should do it first!

Just like duke does...."so we reviewed the tapes and concluded SDS is suspended indefinitely". Don't even wait for the NCAA.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 am I know I am not the only one who found the stool funny.
Lobby, trying too hard.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Have to give Weberace credit for taking some blame here. Didn't expect that at all.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I don’t believe it will be the say of HCBS. And I don’t think it should be. I think the suspensions should come from KU administration and the BIG 12.

HCBS should have no say in the final decision.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 am There is going to be some lengthy suspensions doled out today.
No shit?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I love this guy doing these breakdowns. I laughed the entire time.

https://twitter.com/jomboy_/status/1220 ... 81634?s=21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 104

chiknbut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:50 am
lobster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 am I know I am not the only one who found the stool funny.
Lobby, trying too hard.
I am one of the few who is honest and sincere on here.