Remy's Knee Thread:

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:09 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:03 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:00 am

I think the problem there is every time he seems to pick one, that one goes out and plays so badly that they're unplayable.

Yesufu is broken. He can't play with a short leash. His constant mistakes on both ends are mental, and you can physically see his lack of confidence out there. And Bill isn't going to lose games just to make him feel like he has a long leash. This relationship isn't going to work. And I don't fault Bill for that.
Yesufu has two more seasons, right?

I think he gets a shot at starter minutes next season assuming CB is going to the NBA.
As his biggest fan, my love for CB has obviously been unwavering.

But with that said, and just in case I haven’t made enough heads explode this morning, how’s this for a shotgun take:

Wilson is more likely than CB to go pro after this year.
No, I'm still not close to sold on Wilson being an NBA prospect.

If you want to compare those two, think about the fact that CB dunks everything and Wilson couldn't dunk on my nephew's mini-hoop that hangs on his closet door.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Dajuan just isn't that quick and not a very good outside shooter. And the fact he isn't that good of a shooter makes it even harder for him to beat people off the dribble cause they can sag off on him more
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:47 am
This is something I think Self has made a mistake with more in the past.

Yesufu has 115 minutes in 15 team games and only 2 DNPs, I think he's gotten enough PT where you can't really say he's not ready.

The one thing I think Self NEEDS to do, and we've said this before, is pick between Pettiford and Yesufu.
I think the problem there is every time he seems to pick one, that one goes out and plays so badly that they're unplayable.

Yesufu is broken. He can't play with a short leash. His constant mistakes on both ends are mental, and you can physically see his lack of confidence out there. And Bill isn't going to lose games just to make him feel like he has a long leash. This relationship isn't going to work. And I don't fault Bill for that.

I think he gets a shot at starter minutes next season assuming CB is going to the NBA.
I mean, if he's mentally tough enough, that's great, I would love to see it. I'm getting the feeling right now that he isn't. Have we ever had someone look so down by getting yanked so much who recovered? RussRob maybe?

Of course, that's a lot of speculating based on trying to read body language.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Harris 30% 3FG.
Yesufu 19% 3FG.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Without actually comparing their games, I’ll just point out Wilson has already declared once, and CB just kinda feels more like the archetypal 4 year in-state kid
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:06 am I'm all in on the yesefu train. But its not a dajuan or yesefu argument here. Its dajuan and yesefu. We need dajuan to be a safety net for us. But not for 30+ minutes a game. We need yesefu to give us some of what dajuan can't. Even if its just 10/15 minutes of penetrating and kicking the ball out. That opens up the entire offense. Its what Dotson did to make our shooters look so good a few seasons ago
DH is better at penetrating and kicking out than Yesufu at KU.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Braun stays another year.
He'd be drafted but I think he could look to Ochai when he gets drafted 18th one year after he may have even been drafted late 2nd.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:12 am

I mean, if he's mentally tough enough, that's great, I would love to see it. I'm getting the feeling right now that he isn't. Have we ever had someone look so down by getting yanked so much who recovered? RussRob maybe?

I think he's down, as well. He'll get another recruiting pitch from Bill this spring--assuming Bill wants that.

Sitting out a year just seems like a tough thing to have to do now after he's already played NCAA tourney games and for a program like Kansas.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:15 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:06 am I'm all in on the yesefu train. But its not a dajuan or yesefu argument here. Its dajuan and yesefu. We need dajuan to be a safety net for us. But not for 30+ minutes a game. We need yesefu to give us some of what dajuan can't. Even if its just 10/15 minutes of penetrating and kicking the ball out. That opens up the entire offense. Its what Dotson did to make our shooters look so good a few seasons ago
DH is better at penetrating and kicking out than Yesufu at KU.
Hes more comfortable in the offense. But no we've just seen a lot bigger sample size. Dajuan does make good decisions most the time. I like him hes a good player. But yesefu is light years ahead of him as far as his natural ability to get a quick first step and beat his man. That'll never change
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

fingers crossed cb is a 4 year in state kid. they are my favorite.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:13 am Without actually comparing their games, I’ll just point out Wilson has already declared once, and CB just kinda feels more like the archetypal 4 year in-state kid
Read the recruiting thread, we're not supposed to bring race into it!

I don't see Braun's iron getting much hotter. There's just not much he's not doing. He's been asked about the draft several times this year, so it's obviously in his mind. He also strikes me more of as a basketball first guy than a Kansas kid living out his dream.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, but you also think he’s gonna play point guard in the nba, lol
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:20 am Yeah, but you also think he’s gonna play point guard in the nba, lol
I said he potentially could but that his projection is clearly as a 2 guard. Don't go Illy on me.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:09 am

As his biggest fan, my love for CB has obviously been unwavering.

But with that said, and just in case I haven’t made enough heads explode this morning, how’s this for a shotgun take:

Wilson is more likely than CB to go pro after this year.
Maybe. But not more likely to get drafted.

JW is not going to get a shot in the NBA unless he gets significantly better at shooting and defense.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:16 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:12 am

I think he's down, as well. He'll get another recruiting pitch from Bill this spring--assuming Bill wants that.

Sitting out a year just seems like a tough thing to have to do now after he's already played NCAA tourney games and for a program like Kansas.
Bill didn't think he'd have Remy when he got yesefu. Bill seems pretty high on dajuan and pettiford as far as the future goes. I'd understand yesefu wanting to leave.

He does still have the tools to become a star guard here at Kansas. If he's patient and tough. Dajuan has low upside and pettiford doesn't seem to have a jumpshot.

Remy och and maybe Braun all leaving could open up the 2 spot for yesefu in the future. Maybe he's a better fit as a "scoring combo guard" playing next to dajuan
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Let's refer back to this thread plz:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3867

( worked illy right here )

"Hield was ranked in the 35-40 range so no, not necessarily.
He increased his scoring by 30% from his junior to senior year.
That type of increase would have Ochai scoring 18.3 points per game - and if Ochai had that increase at Kansas, i'd feel very comfortable saying he'd be a first round pick."
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:13 am Without actually comparing their games, I’ll just point out Wilson has already declared once, and CB just kinda feels more like the archetypal 4 year in-state kid
I think his skin color has a lot to do with how you're perceiving him.

I think his sub-35% three point shooting and complete lack of a mid-range jumper are what would keep him here.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I see a lot of freshman Frank Mason in Pettiford. So, obviously, if he has anything close to that progression then Yesufu is the guy that gets squeezed out.

I'm still not convinced Cuffe won't be our most talented player from this class.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 am

I think his sub-35% three point shooting and complete lack of a mid-range jumper are what would keep him here.
I really don't think there are any questions about his shooting ability. Maybe the slow release, but it's a nice looking release. He got that shot off last night in a hurry
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 am

Whose skin color, haunkey taunk’s?? Psh

For real tho, all skin color aside, when was the last time an in-state kid didn’t stay 4+ years?