21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by MICHHAWK »

there may be a game or two this season where jcl gets hot and leads the team in scoring.

he will be in the rotation.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

JCL definitely isn't afraid to shoot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Clemence seems to even have the green light to shoot.

I wonder how much of our offense going forward plans on a big who can hit from deep
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:04 am JCL definitely isn't afraid to shoot.
Went from an airball to getting the ball back and a swish in 5 seconds.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:13 am Clemence seems to even have the green light to shoot.

I wonder how much of our offense going forward plans on a big who can hit from deep
Could be the perfect small ball 4. Kyle Singler-like.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:19 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:04 am JCL definitely isn't afraid to shoot.
The needed change in philosophy was very evident. More possessions, more shots. I thought several times throughout the game that Poppovich would be proud.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:26 am
The needed change in philosophy was very evident. More possessions, more shots. I thought several times throughout the game that Poppovich would be proud.
speaking of, is the 5 second thing with Pop real?

he literally wants a shot, pass or drive within 5 seconds of getting the ball?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, isn’t that a rule anyway?

That if a player with the ball is being guarded he has to do something within 5 seconds or else it’s a turnover
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:31 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:26 am

speaking of, is the 5 second thing with Pop real?

he literally wants a shot, pass or drive within 5 seconds of getting the ball?
It is .5 seconds--5 seconds would have been Bill's 2021 team.

But, yes, I recall Popp doing that with some of his late Duncan teams, particularly with Boris Diaw in the lineup really excelling at it. I kind of view Harris as our guy in that facilitator role, albeit, way smaller and as a point guard instead of point forward.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I remember the first game Chalmers and company played. Not having a steadying influence in upper classmen led to some chaos and big losses. Last night everyone seemed to be in control except Braun at first. He even let a rebound roll past him OOB. I think Self lit him up because he was on every loose ball after that.

I loved Pettiford's intensity. Land's shooter's confidence. Clemence's comfort level. Game wasn't too big for him. Remy was money. Och was using his atleticism everywhere. That behind the back save to the rack was the play of the game to me. Lots to like.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:33 am I mean, isn’t that a rule anyway?

That if a player with the ball is being guarded he has to do something within 5 seconds or else it’s a turnover
Yes, but only if closely guarded--doesn't happen all that often.

They got rid of the 5 seconds of dribbling rule a few years back.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea. The only time I remember it happening was with Face Ass just standing there like an idiot, and also one other time that seemed like a quick count in a game in which it seemed the refs were caught up in some rowdy road game atmosphere
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:46 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:07 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:43 am

I would certainly take it.

Issue is that, to this point, Och has shown that he has neither the mentality nor the ability to beat people off the dribble. Remy has shown both.
Hard to argue against that take. Och is super athletic, But something is holding him back a little.
I've been critical of Och in the past, but it honestly feels like he is ready. Athletically he does not belong in college, elite athleticism. He's bulked up, more explosive, he looks like an NBA ready wing. Senior mentality, experience, confidence, his skill has come a long way. I think he is gonna be an absolute killer this year. always aggressively on the attack
Bumping my own post. So far I was right on the money. No reason och can't be dominant all year. He will have some off shooting nights like everyone else, but all the tools are there. Right mindset too
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Remy still iced the game for us yesterday, that's just the kind of player he is and the player we needed.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

The Coach Pop thing is called the .5 rule. Within .5 of a player catching the ball, he wants them to either pass, move it to the basket, or shoot. It's all about making the sure the ball doesn't stick and players making quick decisions.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:47 am Remy still iced the game for us yesterday, that's just the kind of player he is and the player we needed.
He is gonna bail us out a ton this year. We didn't have that last season. Those possessions where the shot clock is expiring and you need a bucket is what Remy is built for
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:37 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 am So CB is not starting when Jalen is back right?

I think the team is so much better with Dajuan Harris on the floor. He's not going come off the floor. He does the little things so well. Played 35 minutes last night. Good for 2nd highest on the team. He gets steals, he can handle the ball and give Remy a little break if needed and he can get to the rim.
If any issue last night, it was handling size and rebounding. Jalen helps there, but isn't a panacea--could be a team weakness.

CB playing out of position, so the offensive woes don't concern me at all. And, he still pulled down 8 boards--you always know you're getting effort out of him.

Dave also doesn't concern me. I would have liked for him to start better, but last year was way more concerning. We know now that Dave isn't really Dave unless there's a slow start.

Dajuan's not going to play 36, and will see less minutes during crunch time, but clearly is part of the rotation. Mitch/Clemence/Adams aren't going to play 18.

I think last night confirmed what most of us thought the main rotation would be. I love the freshmen, but Bill's just not going to end up playing 10+.

DMac
Jalen
Och
CB
Remy

Harris
Mitch
JCL
Clemence or Adams

Pettiford or Yes
That team is too slow to make a final 4. It's just last year's team with better offense and worse defense. Two little guards created a lot of pressure on both ends last night.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yeah, if we're gonna go small, go small.

I'm not sure why we are assuming Wilson gets a starting spot. We might be playing our starting lineup right now, and what remains to be seen is whether it's Wilson or CBL that come off the bench for Och and CB. It seems like Pettiford is gonna be the Guard who spells Harris and Remy. And I think Clemence is going to establish himself as the first big (hopefully soon over mitch).
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i really like Clemence
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Me too, he's a finesse player but doesn't seem to be a wimp a la matthew hurt.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.