Dajuan Harris

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: Dajuan Harris

Post by Mjl »

I think Remy is more physically capable of defending Wheeler than Harris is. He just needs to not gamble and not fall asleep.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

So basically Remy would have to do the exact opposite of what he normally does on defense?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Exactly
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:30 pm But with that said im growing tired of him playing this big of a role this season. This Kentucky game today could he pretty telling in how Bill is going to use dajuan and Remy moving forward. Assuming Remys knee isn't bothering him still
Looks like we are sink or swim with dajuan this season. How do you guys feel about that
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remy needs to play better.
I hope he does.
Otherwise Dejuan keeps starting.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Remy might be behind Pettiford soon.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"It's Self's fault."
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:11 pmIt's Self's fault.
I think it's very hard to gauge transfers. Especially from bad teams or teams from small conferences.

Remy isn't as bad as he has looked. And tbh he'd maybe look awesome at a school like northwestern where everything is built around him where he can be freestyle Remy. But his style isn't always conducive to winning maybe? His game isn't built to be a 4th or 5th option.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't actually think it's Self's fault.
Remy has just hit a slump.
Or this is just how good he is when he can't do whatever and in the process go 11-14.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:18 pm I don't actually think it's Self's fault.
I know.
Deleted User 863

Sometimes i think there are some players that look really good when they're the best player on their team (remy at ASU, or maybe josh selby comes to mind before during and after KU), but when they are not the best player it is harder for them to be impactful in a supporting role.
Deleted User 863

Starting PG on a final four Kansas Jayhawks team.

Suck it haters?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

He played well today. I like the way our guards complement each other. We're a lot better when they're all healthy.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remy was off. Harris played well.
We won.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:58 pm Remy was off. Harris played well.
We won.
Everyone played like ass in the first half and great in the second.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:54 pm He played well today. I like the way our guards complement each other. We're a lot better when they're all healthy.
Agreed. We can use 1 or the other or both together. That makes us harder to plan for.
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:11 pm Looks like we are sink or swim with dajuan this season.
https://youtu.be/0Hkn-LSh7es
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I don't know if this it quite the "suck it haters" moment you were hoping for. yes KU made the final 4, but that happened because of the resurgence of Remy Martin, and the relegation of Dajuan Harris to being a role player. I was probably one of the bigger dajuan "haters" earlier in this season. But I always said he would be a good role player, he does a lot of little things well, but somebody more talented needed to beat him out for KU to raise their ceiling this year. Remy got healthy and that happened, and here we are in the final 4
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wouldn’t quite put Harris, starting and averaging over 23 mpg in the tournament, as a role player but his playing time has decreased.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:40 pm I wouldn’t quite put Harris, starting and averaging over 23 mpg in the tournament, as a role player but his playing time has decreased.
is he a star? or a role player. you can start and still be a role player. his role is to defend take care of the ball and set up the offense. definition of a role player