Transfer portal 2022

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Transfer portal 2022

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:28 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:25 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:13 pm It makes sense that KT would get a harsher punishment, but man it sure seems obvious that KU would love to make KT the sacrificial lamb and move forward.
I just don't see a scenario where the NCAA settles for something less than some Bill skin.
It's sort of out of the NCAAs hands. If the review panel is truly independent and impartial.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:28 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:25 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:13 pm It makes sense that KT would get a harsher punishment, but man it sure seems obvious that KU would love to make KT the sacrificial lamb and move forward.
I just don't see a scenario where the NCAA settles for something less than some Bill skin.
It's sort of out of the NCAAs hands. If the review panel is truly independent and impartial.
Well, there have been conflicting accounts of whether a negotiated settlement is or is not even a possibility.

If it's not...then it's exceedingly unlikely that the IARP would slam KT and call it a day.

And if it is...then it's exceedingly unlikely that the NCAA would agree to slam KT and call it a day.

The nuance is entirely around if/when/how KU should pivot away from "no."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wasn't/isn't that part of the NCAA's case at some point too?

"say, you know, just hypothetically, if we called this guy a booster?"

hypothetically? whatever, sure.

GOTCHA!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We get so far into the weeds on this stuff that sometimes it's still so unbelievable to me that this whole thing is in regards to Billy Preston, Silvio De Sousa, and Zion Williamson.

One went to Duke. We turned Preston in after being cleared. We played red light/green light with De Sousa before NCAA told us anything.

Gottfried buried his head in the sand and played Dennis Smith for a whole season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:54 pm We get so far into the weeds on this stuff that sometimes it's still so unbelievable to me that this whole thing is in regards to Billy Preston, Silvio De Sousa, and Zion Williamson.

One went to Duke. We turned Preston in after being cleared. We played red light/green light with De Sousa before NCAA told us anything.

Gottfried buried his head in the sand and played Dennis Smith for a whole season.
Same with Penny and Wiseman at Memphis.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yes. And that's all to say, if you want KT out of the game for awhile for bad behavior, fine. If you want to put Self in timeout for not running a tight enough ship, I get it.

But, that doesn't take away what the 2018 team did on the court--don't punish them. And our 2023 players had nothing to do with it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:54 pm We get so far into the weeds on this stuff that sometimes it's still so unbelievable to me that this whole thing is in regards to Billy Preston, Silvio De Sousa, and Zion Williamson.

AND, the whole thing is premised on "evidence" introduced in a criminal proceeding (to which neither the NCAA nor KU was a party).

It's absolutely absurd.

No one out there calling for Bill's head on a pike would appreciate this bullshit being pointed in their personal direction. For example, I don't think anyone would like their lender repossessing their house on the basis that, in a criminal trial to which they were not a party, a drug dealer claimed that there was a meth lab in the basement of the house.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:04 pm

AND, the whole thing is premised on "evidence" introduced in a criminal proceeding (to which neither the NCAA nor KU was a party).

It's absolutely absurd.

No one out there calling for Bill's head on a pike would appreciate this bullshit being pointed in their personal direction. For example, I don't think anyone would like their lender repossessing their house on the basis that, in a criminal trial to which they were not a party, a drug dealer claimed that there was a meth lab in the basement of the house.
"Evidence" where the proper foundation was never laid and the defense did not care to use it when, if true, it would have been crucial to their case. Nearly everyone misses that when talking about the texts.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:06 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:04 pm

It's absolutely absurd.

"Evidence" where the proper foundation was never laid and the defense did not care to use it when, if true, it would have been crucial to their case. Nearly everyone misses that when talking about the texts.
Yes. The whole thing is enormously problematic.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Except for Duke.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Jalen Bridges staying in the Big XII (Baylor).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Inter-conference transfers are always so weird to me.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:29 pm Inter-conference transfers are always so weird to me.
I know what you mean! It was bizarre playing against Bryce Thompson and Tristan Enaruna this past season. Just happy that we came out on top in those games.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I am willing to be weirded out and get Tyrese Hunter.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:45 pm I am willing to be weirded out and get Tyrese Hunter.
piece from 247 seems to indicate at least part of the reason he’s leaving isu is due to relatively limited NIL opportunities in Ames
Last edited by KUTradition on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ISU fans apparently going to form a collective to feed into possible NIL deals.

Gross.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:47 pm ISU fans apparently going to form a collective to feed into possible NIL deals.

Gross.
You should think about checking out, then.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:21 pmI am.
You have to believe the primary reason Tshiebwe is coming back to UK next year is NiL. And him staying another year is great for college basketball. So it cuts both ways, IMO.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I don't know. Is Tshiebwe NBA material? If not, this probably isn't the best time to be heading overseas to the Euro League or high paying (previously?) Russian teams. NIL no doubt plays a role, but until guys like Banchero are returning for NIL reasons, I am not going to jump to any conclusions until a player actually says that's the main reason why they're coming back.