WVA Gameday Thread

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: WVA Gameday Thread

Post by KUTradition »

kid has game though
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

During the post game presser Bill said Jalen and McCullar are the only players giving speeches on Tuesday...they must be thinking Cam is going to get that hardship waiver.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Guy I watched with I’ve seen us loose two games to including Oregon at KC.

He says with this win the curse is broken.

I don’t think so.
Shoulda beat ‘em by more.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also usually I think home cooking could be there with our games but there’s one where you go, ok, they are trying to buck the trend.

This was that game.
Some shittastic calls on charges / blocks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also same deal w McCullar, we can’t loose Harris and still expect to compete.

Let’s hope it’s a similar degree of injury.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:31 pm During the post game presser Bill said Jalen and McCullar are the only players giving speeches on Tuesday...they must be thinking Cam is going to get that hardship waiver.
Kinda was hoping KM would stick around one more year.

He still could right? The covid bonus year?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

McCullar flirted with the draft last year but I don’t see how he can be in contention.

Like a better shooting with slightly better measurables, less athletic and worse defender than Marcus Garrett.

But all of those betters not enough to make a difference.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's the weird thing with senior night.
McCullar, Wilson, Harris, Martin, and Yesufu academically are all seniors. But they all have one or two years left of eligibility.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wilson is absolutely gone.
Dick is like 89 percent.

Yesufu and Martin to me aren’t factors next year. I think our guard trio has what Yes has and Martin isn’t seeing minutes now so no chance next year.

Harris will stay.

McCullar is the big question.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dick is like 99.8% gone
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I dunno.
I’d say 96.9 if his rents weren’t at every game and he wasn’t from Kansas and he seems close to McCullar who could stay.

If you knew you had a decent chance at increasing your guaranteed money over four years by 20 million and all you had to do was play in college one more year, would you do it?

There’s the chance you get picked 19th this year. And then 7th next. Those aren’t crazy scenarios.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Yeah, I think I was talking more just the senior night aspect. The Covid year makes it more unclear.

Redshirt juniors like Jalen have never done a speech before, have they?

And if not for the Covid year, Yesufu definitely would be giving a speech. Along with McCullar.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:46 pm I dunno.
I’d say 96.9 if his rents weren’t at every game and he wasn’t from Kansas and he seems close to McCullar who could stay.

If you knew you had a decent chance at increasing your guaranteed money over four years by 20 million and all you had to do was play in college one more year, would you do it?

There’s the chance you get picked 19th this year. And then 7th next. Those aren’t crazy scenarios.
sure, and I'm not discounting that...but boards have him going 8th this year at the moment lottery is tough to pass up
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

does Dick risk getting exposed more athletically/defensively by staying, and potentially lowering his draft stock?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Probably not. He is only going to get better.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:56 pm does Dick risk getting exposed more...?
Dude. Clean it up.

Keep it family-friendly.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:02 pm Probably not. He is only going to get better.
Yea.
I think one year under a Self defense and offseason training would help a lot with his sophomore top 5 player in the NCAA who doesn’t lend out guns in Saturday nights.
Deleted User 863

I think if he stays in college then it's because he likes playing in college. I don't think it'll have much to do with improving his draft stock. He's probably top 10 this year. Maybe he gets into top 5 next year?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But if he’s not top 10 and goes 15th when he could have gone 5th by waiting one year, then there’s significant loss in money.

Not saying that when you’re making millions that it matters all that much but 5 to 15 is several millions of dollars over four to five years.
Deleted User 863

Absolutely. And if he stays instead of going 15th and tears his ACL there is also significant loss of money.

I think the good news for Gradey is he doesn't need to "trick" the NBA teams or "strike while the iron is hot". He has the luxury of doing what he truly wants because he has an elite skill and is not being drafted on athletic potential alone like some of the more raw/undeveloped players that get drafted highly each year.