Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:37 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:41 pm Wiggins proving me right. Can't beleive some of you tried to argue Jordan Poole was ahead of him. Wiggins is clearly the 2nd best player on golden state, and the gap is only getting bigger.

Just another example of a time randy was right. And a bunch of you tried to argue against the obvious anyways
Are you talking about when some of us mentioned that Wiggins was probably Golden State's 4th best player behind future Hall of Famers Curry and Klay Thompson and then also Draymond Green, who has won the NBA DPoY, multiple All NBA teams and 4 all star games?

But yes, I would agree with you that IF Wiggins kept playing like this consistently that he would be ranked higher than that. But people have been saying that "IF" about him his entire career. He has definitely been their 2nd bets player in this NBA Finals, though. I hope he is breaking through and that this is what we see from him consistently.
See youre bringing up their career accomplishments. That has nothing to do with Wiggins being a better player than any of them right now on this year's team.

You know his career numbers has him on pace for hall of fame too
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:13 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:41 pm Wiggins proving me right. Can't beleive some of you tried to argue Jordan Poole was ahead of him. Wiggins is clearly the 2nd best player on golden state, and the gap is only getting bigger.

Just another example of a time randy was right. And a bunch of you tried to argue against the obvious anyways
Are you talking about when some of us mentioned that Wiggins was probably Golden State's 4th best player behind future Hall of Famers Curry and Klay Thompson and then also Draymond Green, who has won the NBA DPoY, multiple All NBA teams and 4 all star games?

But yes, I would agree with you that IF Wiggins kept playing like this consistently that he would be ranked higher than that. But people have been saying that "IF" about him his entire career. He has definitely been their 2nd bets player in this NBA Finals, though. I hope he is breaking through and that this is what we see from him consistently.
See youre bringing up their career accomplishments. That has nothing to do with Wiggins being a better player than any of them right now on this year's team.

What numbers put him on pace for the hall of fame?
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:20 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:13 pm

What numbers put him on pace for the hall of fame?
I was about to ask the same question.

Does the Hall have a section for most 3 pointers clanking off the front of the rim?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:13 pm You know his career numbers has him on pace for hall of fame too
If a career average of 19.3pts per game is all it takes to get into the HOF then it's far too watered down to mean much in my opinion.

Are guys like KAT a HOF too? Julius Randle? Demarcus Cousins?

In my opinion it should be harder than that. Although KAT has some really good career averages so maybe I shouldn't throw him under the bus like that just for being an awful teams.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:29 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:13 pm You know his career numbers has him on pace for hall of fame too
If a career average of 19.3pts per game is all it takes to get into the HOF then it's far too watered down to mean much in my opinion.

In my opinion it should be harder than that. Although KAT has some really good career averages so maybe I shouldn't throw him under the bus like that just for being an awful teams.
NBA Hof Class of '22: Tim Hardaway is going in for a career average of 17.7 and 8 assists and Ginobili is going in with a career average of 13.3 so...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:58 pm

NBA Hof Class of '22: Tim Hardaway is going in for a career average of 17.7 and 8 assists and Ginobili is going in with a career average of 13.3 so...
Wiggs may go in as an international selection, which has an entirely different screening committee, and why Ginobili is easily a first ballot HOFer.

Wiggs might need to do some things at the Olympics/FIBA level, but he's likely to go down as the 2nd best Canadian of all time behind Nash, which isn't nothing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Doesn't Ginobili have like an awful lot of accolades? Like 4x rings, 2x all star, gold medalist. And yeah, international dood who innovated the eurostep.

Tim Hardaway was a 5x all star, gold medalist, and won a bunch of games.
Deleted User 863

Hardaway was 5x all NBA.

Ginobli was 2x all NBA. 4x NBA Champ.

Wiggins is a 1x all star...largely because of fan voting.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:32 pm Doesn't Ginobili have like an awful lot of accolades? Like 4x rings, 2x all star, gold medalist. And yeah, international dood who innovated the eurostep.

Tim Hardaway was a 5x all star, gold medalist, and won a bunch of games.
Oh Ginobili is certainly way more decorated than Wiggins. But, without the international thing, it's not decorated enough from an NBA standpoint for a first ballot selection.

With the international steering committee, he's laughably first ballot. The Olympic win alone probably secured it, but then he goes on and is an absolute killer for the Spurs for like 15 years. From a regular NBA standpoint, Ginobili is probably HOF but not first ballot. But he's one of the best international players we've ever seen. It's not a ton different from Yao. And Wiggins may get that same kind of bump from the international people.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

and Wiggs is only 27. When it's all said and done, dude should have a lot more accolades yet.
Deleted User 863

He's going to need some all NBA selections and those are going to be hard to come by. Just go down the list of really good young guys. It takes a while to get to Wiggins.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:42 pm yea.

and Wiggs is only 27. When it's all said and done, dude should have a lot more accolades yet.
Olympics could be a big factor. Canada has only made the Olympics once since NBA players were allowed (Nash).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:45 pm He's going to need some all NBA selections and those are going to be hard to come by. Just go down the list of really good young guys. It takes a while to get to Wiggins.
There are like 25 HOFers to never make an NBA team. But, I agree that things are probably a little different now.

He probably only needs one 2nd or 3rd team. Bosh only has one 2nd team and he was first ballot and not international. Don't think it can be stressed enough that the requirements could be different for Wiggs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 pm

Hardaway was 5x all NBA.

Al Horford and Brad Daugherty made 5 all star games, too.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Total points scored could make Wiggins a HOF candidate
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:55 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:45 pm He's going to need some all NBA selections and those are going to be hard to come by. Just go down the list of really good young guys. It takes a while to get to Wiggins.
There are like 25 HOFers to never make an NBA team. But, I agree that things are probably a little different now.

He probably only needs one 2nd or 3rd team. Bosh only has one 2nd team and he was first ballot and not international. Don't think it can be stressed enough that the requirements could be different for Wiggs.
Bosh was borderline....i think he got a boost due to how/why his career was cut short.

I don't know that I buy into the idea Wiggins gets easier criteria due to being born in Canada.

Time will tell. I hope he plays well enough that it won't be a debate. He certainly has the opportunity to control his own destiny a bit with his play on the court. Especially if he wins a couple titles with GS. Although their window is maybe only the next 3 years tops. Boston is coming. Memphis is coming. Milwaukee isn't going anywhere. There are some good young teams/stars. Steph Klay and Dray are getting old.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:04 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 pm

Hardaway was 5x all NBA.

Al Horford and Brad Daugherty made 5 all star games, too.
All NBA and All Star are different.

Horford has made 1 All NBA team.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:05 pmBosh was borderline....i think he got a boost due to how/why his career was cut short.
Bosh was borderline first ballot? Not sure what you're trying to say, but that effectively means he was a HOF lock.

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:05 pmI don't know that I buy into the idea Wiggins gets easier criteria due to being born in Canada.
It's literally the rule. International players can have a different route for entry.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:05 pm Total points scored could make Wiggins a HOF candidate
I'm bad at these kind of math problems, but I think he could easily end up with 20,000+, which will be in the top 50 when he retires.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Just took a look at the numbers and 25,000 to 28,000 career points is within his reach. That would likely put him Top 40 all-time. That's serious HOF consideration.