pdub
Site Admin

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by pdub »

He kinda almost blew this one for us.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm He kinda almost blew this one for us.
he was bad. needs to find his groove again. shot is not falling
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:07 pm He kinda almost blew this one for us.
Really bad.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I can't remember who it was, but someone in the game thread said he was playing hero ball. Pretty much nailed it. I think that in the next couple of weeks, we will be very glad he's on our team.
Broham
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:49 pm I think that in the next couple of weeks, we will be very glad he's on our team.
I think we are all glad he's on the team.

But we've been making comments like the one above for months. I don't expect him to suddenly look like our best player because I simply don't think he is. I think he will continue to look better as the season goes on. I certainly didn't expect him to be DHs back up, but that may end up what his role is.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

His defense was atrocious.

Offensively he's unconventional in a way that I think can throw his teammates out of rhythm. There was a play where he threw it from the top of the key to another guard on the wing, but he made a weird bounce pass that the player wasn't expecting but it also slowed the ball movement enough to let the defense recover.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:08 pm His defense was atrocious.

Offensively he's unconventional in a way that I think can throw his teammates out of rhythm. There was a play where he threw it from the top of the key to another guard on the wing, but he made a weird bounce pass that the player wasn't expecting but it also slowed the ball movement enough to let the defense recover.
I have noticed that as well...not really that the ball sticks, but he sort of looks out of sync with the other guys. And he takes bad shots. Not a fan of the long 2pt jumper.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He is better than most at making bad shots which is a good thing when time is running out.

When theres 22 on the clock and all hes done is dribble it past the three point line without once looking at another option, and firing a guarded jumper, it is not a good thing.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I wish they could let him rest and truly get 100%. He also needs to realize that he needs to take 3s in the correct situations. I think he can be a big weapon driving if he is healthy, if that is driving and kicking or just getting fouled on a layup or making a layup.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think he got enough play anyways that would aggravate his injury today.

Dunno if it's a thing where you just have to stay off it completely but hes playing, and hes not playing well.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pack was pretty unbelievable. Remy working through. I have no problem since Wilson has found his mojo.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If the worst of the January slump is Remy not playing well, hold onto yer butts
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:08 pm If the worst of the January slump is Remy not playing well, hold onto yer butts
Remy has been in more than a January slump. He's basically having an identical season numbers wise to his freshman year at ASU.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah Remy sucks right now but we’re still winning when we’re usually loosing in January.

If we can take this solid core of dudes winning close games and augment that with a remotely effective Remy is what I am saying

nomesayin
Deleted User 863

We are never "usually losing" in any month.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This might get plenty of replies, but I thought Remy played his best defense of the season yesterday. And yes, I know he got beat plenty of times. Overall, so much better at staying with his man off the ball.

As far as early shots in the shot clock, they are completely fine if they are good looks. Our fans are too sunk into vintage Bill Self basketball. We need lots of possessions and shots going up. Remy played 20+ for the first time in a long time. We need reps with him, February is around the corner, and this team has not played close to its ceiling without him. Haven't played that well lately, actually.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"This might get plenty of replies, but I thought Remy played his best defense of the season yesterday. And yes, I know he got beat plenty of times."

If that is his best, I dont want to see his worst .
Deleted User 863

Devonte Graham was on Instagram live at the end of the KU game....he was not a fan of the bad Remy shot. Basically said if you're going to take that bad shot you better make it. He kept saying "get the ball to Och".
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 am Devonte Graham was on Instagram live at the end of the KU game....he was not a fan of the bad Remy shot. Basically said if you're going to take that bad shot you better make it. He kept saying "get the ball to Och".
I saw that, and while I don't agree with your interpretation, I posted what I posted.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don’t think Remy has it, physically. There’s no burst at all. I’m all for optimizing for March. If that means he sits, ok.