Kansas v West Virginia Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Kansas v West Virginia Official Gamethread

Post by PhDhawk »

Prior to his injury Pettiford was clearly ahead of Yesufu, he played better in games and presumably in practice. Since coming back from injury though, Pettiford has looked awful, I was willing to write it off to rustiness in the first game, but against WVU he was even worse. One of them needs to esablish himself even with Remy coming back, I think there are some important (limited) minutes for one of them.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

As his biggest fan, I’m all for playing CB at PG, and am bummed you’re reneging on his projection as an NBA point guard now.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I wasn't suggesting them as the primary. But with DH in they (CB/Och) are just as good (probably better) as Bobby/Yesufu as 2nd ballhandlers. DH can give us 30 a night until Remy is back. Bobby/Yesufu can hopefully give us the other 10 we need.

You could maybe do a CB Och JCL JW and Dave lineup where JW is the one who actually initiates the offense in the halfcourt, but that's probably not something we practice enough to use in an actual game situation.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:40 pm Prior to his injury Pettiford was clearly ahead of Yesufu, he played better in games and presumably in practice. Since coming back from injury though, Pettiford has looked awful, I was willing to write it off to rustiness in the first game, but against WVU he was even worse. One of them needs to esablish himself even with Remy coming back, I think there are some important (limited) minutes for one of them.
Yep, have said this all season. Ideally, one of them would have separated by now.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Pettiford should have redshirted.

Transfer out?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:33 pm Playing a lot of CB or Och on the ball would be a big mistake on this team. Throwing away our weapons.

Plus, it would likely mean playing a 2 big offense, which we're not going to do for any significant amount of time.

Just get Remy back into the mix at full health.
Was really surprised to see a 2-big lineup on Saturday. KJ Adams and Mitch on the floor at the same time. KJ was kind of lost. Especially risky to do against West Va.

A healthy Remy will cure a lot.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:38 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:33 pm Playing a lot of CB or Och on the ball would be a big mistake on this team. Throwing away our weapons.

Plus, it would likely mean playing a 2 big offense, which we're not going to do for any significant amount of time.

Was really surprised to see a 2-big lineup on Saturday. KJ Adams and Mitch on the floor at the same time. KJ was kind of lost. Especially risky to do against West Va.

I didn't see the game, but I assume Adams was stepping out on the perimeter some. He'll be able to do that for us effectively, eventually.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:35 pm Pettiford should have redshirted.

Transfer out?
Plenty of PG minutes he can earn here.

But, I am a little surprised the medical RS option wasn't explored. Kind of shows how little Bill trust(s)(ed) Yesufu.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:42 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:38 pm

I didn't see the game, but I assume Adams was stepping out on the perimeter some. He'll be able to do that for us effectively, eventually.
Once he gets a shot down, he’ll be really good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

has he taken a jumper yet this season?

i mean, i’m fine with him playing cleanup on the boards and getting layups and put-backs, but i don’t know that we’ve even seen what kind of stroke he’s got (hs vids aside)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:46 pm has he taken a jumper yet this season?

i mean, i’m fine with him playing cleanup on the boards and getting layups and put-backs, but i don’t know that we’ve even seen what kind of stroke he’s got (hs vids aside)
He's 6 for 14 fgs. Mostly close to the basket. He's 0 for 1 on 3s, but iirc the 3 was situational (end of half or end of shot clock)?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It was wide open in mop up minutes. Doesn't mean anything still