21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:31 pm Ochai back tomorrow. Has cleared protocol.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Take it to the Dick thread
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not that it matters, and who really knows, but Och just didn't look like himself last Saturday. I've seen and heard of plenty of healthy people having noticeable to very noticeable fatigue from Omicron.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I figured it was just that UK never gave him any open looks and Agbaji's teammates couldn't figure out a way toget him the ball. But maybe having covid made Agbaji a little easier to neutralize, who knows.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

hm, interesting and plausible.
maybe he even had delta for the oklahoma game?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Three late Big Mondays in a row.
Ugh.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Remy isn’t going to be back for awhile. He’s not even practicing.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Its February.
If hes not back for a while, we had better hope randy is right.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:33 pm Remy isn’t going to be back for awhile. He’s not even practicing.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Tbh, if a national title isn't in the cards, I'd rather Yesufu start getting ready for next year, rather than try to fit Remy in 2-3-4 weeks from now.

The Remy experiment may end up another transfer failure. It was definitely worth a try though.

...but if "good remy" emerges from all of this, then it's a no brainer he plays.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What if a final four was in the cards?
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:04 pm What if a final four was in the cards?
I edited.

If it's good remy then i am all in.

If it's mediocre remy, I don't think we lose too much giving more minutes to Yesufu or JCL.

I also don't think we "need" Remy to make a final 4...or even win a national title. We don't have to be the best team or even a dominant team. We can win it with some timely hot shooting and a little bit of luck. Any top 3 or 4 seed can get hot and win 6 games.

Good Dave is more important than Good Remy imo when it comes to march/april goals.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Anonymous scouting report from a Big 12 assistant. Can't really disagree with it.

Kansas. “They have two strengths, Ochai Agbaji and Bill Self. That’s enough to get them to a Final Four. You have to force Agbaji to take tough shots and hope he misses. I don’t know if they can get enough two-point scoring to win when it really matters. You want to make Christian Braun and Dajuan Harris look to score. I don’t think Remy Martin is a fit for how they play, but you can have one outlier. He can score, but he’s a train wreck defensively, so if he’s not scoring he doesn’t have as much value. You can throw it inside because they’re not great defensively in the paint. David McCormack hasn’t gotten to where people thought he would, but he’s still a veteran who has had some huge games. They’re trying to force-feed him. He’s kind of clumsy. Mitch Lightfoot is a good backup, but they need McCormack to be successful against the good teams. Jalen Wilson is starting to be more assertive after a slow start. Their bench is their weakness. They bring in those little guards, and they’re not as good.”

https://theathletic.com/3114775/2022/02 ... -thoughts/
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

But, the one thing that coach completely misses is our transition game. There are two pointers from those. And no one has really stopped it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:02 pm Tbh, if a national title isn't in the cards, I'd rather Yesufu start getting ready for next year, rather than try to fit Remy in 2-3-4 weeks from now.

The Remy experiment may end up another transfer failure. It was definitely worth a try though.

...but if "good remy" emerges from all of this, then it's a no brainer he plays.
You don't throw in the towel on this season, especially with a guy on path to be a 1st team All American, in Mid-February unless you want to be fired. This whole "Final Four or Bust" social media shtick is ignorant and not based in the reality of how coaches coach or players play.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I actually think Wilson is better because he's LESS assertive. He becomes more efficient when he stops looking to score and lets the game come to him. Which, he can afford to do, since the ball has a way of finding him more than any other player I've seen.

I laughed at this though: "Their bench is their weakness. They bring in those little guards, and they’re not as good."
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:02 pm I actually think Wilson is better because he's LESS assertive. He becomes more efficient when he stops looking to score and lets the game come to him. Which, he can afford to do, since the ball has a way of finding him more than any other player I've seen.
Yep, that's his game. Dave's not all that different, but he's certainly going to get the ball on the block in single digit shot clock scenarios more than Jalen will.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

On paper, our bench should be one of the best in the country. Can't say it's our weakness. Look what Remy, jcl, and yesefu have already accomplished in their career. They are our reserves lol. How many teams can say that. Plus mitch. Like a 9 year player. Solid back up. And other decent prospects buried behind that group
Deleted User 863

How many NCAA tournament wins do Remy JCL and Yesufu have?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:37 pm But, the one thing that coach completely misses is our transition game. There are two pointers from those. And no one has really stopped it.
But, it requires squeezing rebounds.