Dajuan Harris

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Dajuan Harris

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Remy deserves tons of credit. He bailed Och out more than anything. Remy was the only one equipped to replace that scoring production that we were missing from Och.

Glad we have the 1 - 2 punch of DH and Remy. They both are playing their best basketball of the season at the right time.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:45 pm Remy deserves tons of credit. He bailed Och out more than anything. Remy was the only one equipped to replace that scoring production that we were missing from Och.

Glad we have the 1 - 2 punch of DH and Remy. They both are playing their best basketball of the season at the right time.
I really like how they are being used. Remy is no doubt the better player, but I love how our rotation feels starting the game with dajuan and bringing remy off the bench. dajuan gets us settled into the fight for a few minutes and then remy comes in swingin
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Everyone on this team knows their role so well, and that's one reason we are so good. Yes, I love Harris.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:52 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:45 pm Remy deserves tons of credit. He bailed Och out more than anything. Remy was the only one equipped to replace that scoring production that we were missing from Och.

I really like how they are being used. Remy is no doubt the better player, but I love how our rotation feels starting the game with dajuan and bringing remy off the bench. dajuan gets us settled into the fight for a few minutes and then remy comes in swingin
It's not so different from the Robinson/Collins dynamic in 2007-08, really. The offense hummed with (despite, to a degree) Robinson, but then Collins came in and whatever defenses had settled into/figured out became worthless.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:02 am

It's not so different from the Robinson/Collins dynamic in 2007-08, really. The offense hummed with (despite, to a degree) Robinson, but then Collins came in and whatever defenses had settled into/figured out became worthless.
It's like every third inning you could switch back and forth between Greg Maddux and Aroldis Chapman

Only if Maddux looked like he was 12 and never shot the ball, and Chapman had a little tuft of hair the hung down the center of his forehead.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I like the play style comparison but Russell was a lot more talented than dajuan. But yes dajuan/russ both played kind of a steadying role on their teams and then remy/sherron came in and went balls to the wall and rocked the shit and teams usually weren't prepared for it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There has to be a trucker hat with the little Remy curley cue thingies hanging down in front.
Defense. Rebounds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But then again. Having a reliable starter is nothing to complain about. And then rotating a 6th man in who is as talented/skilled/explosive of a scorer as anyone in the country is a luxury only places like Kansas tend to have.

Or nba teams
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:30 am

It's like every third inning you could switch back and forth between Greg Maddux and Aroldis Chapman

Only if Maddux looked like he was 12 and never shot the ball, and Chapman had a little tuft of hair the hung down the center of his forehead.
Lol, that's great
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:40 am

I like the play style comparison but Russell was a lot more talented than dajuan. But yes dajuan/russ both played kind of a steadying role on their teams and then remy/sherron came in and went balls to the wall and rocked the shit and teams usually weren't prepared for it
No argument.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:30 am
Only if Maddox looked like he was 12
He did.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cool grain filter on that photo.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That was how the 90s looked, dang it.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Sparko wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:04 pm That was how the 90s looked, dang it.
i hit the gym regularly in the '90s. doesn't look like this guy did, no calves at all! never skip leg day.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Maddox was an interesting player. Soft touch, great passer, no ups, mean as hell when he wanted to be.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Sounds like every big white guy from the 80s
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Love those uniforms.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Dave was great. Och was great.

But I think Dajuan was the difference in the game. Threw Gillispie off his game at the start and then made 3 3s with 4 assists and a couple rebounds.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Harris hit those open threes and played great defense. I'd give DMac the game ball obviously but Harris had an excellent game.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Harris made gillespie cry
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...