Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by MICHHAWK »

the squad. talk about putting your worst foot forward.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The squad boycotts a speech, MAGA blames international Jewish conspiracies for about everything. Both sides.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I’m not being snarky or stir the pot or anything. It’s a genuine question based on curiosity.

What percentage of non-Arab Israeli citizens can trace back an ancestor who was born before 1923 in the area that is currently the internationally recognized borders of Israel? What percentage of non-Arab citizens of Israeli citizens have an ancestor within 4 generations who was born outside the area that is currently the internationally recognized borders of Israel (eg. moved to Israel post WW2)?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:04 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:38 am and for that matter, AOC and Omar and Cori Bush, "The Squad" boycotting Herzog's speech to Congress.

was the squad's motivation to do so antisemitic?
I don't know if it was antisemitic, but it was high-lariously stoopid.

We HaTe BiBi,sO wE'rE gOnNa BoYcOtT hErZoG!
Yea, couldn’t possibly be some sincere concern about human rights. Must be nothing more than a petty political grudge.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trick question!

It’s “the squad” so whatever it is is mostly just performative and meaningless.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:21 pm I’m not being snarky or stir the pot or anything. It’s a genuine question based on curiosity.

What percentage of non-Arab Israeli citizens can trace back an ancestor who was born before 1923 in the area that is currently the internationally recognized borders of Israel? What percentage of non-Arab citizens of Israeli citizens have an ancestor within 4 generations who was born outside the area that is currently the internationally recognized borders of Israel (eg. moved to Israel post WW2)?
I think the fact that you have to clarify -- repeatedly -- that you're talking about "non-Arab citizens of Israel" says most of what you need to know about Q and the squad and their exaggerations and one-sided hatred of Israel.

"iSrAeL hAtEs ArAbS" -- I mean...except for its 1.5 million Arab citizens, the 10 current Arab members of the Knesset (and the 100 who have served over the last 75 years), Khaled Kabub (the Aram/Muslim member of the Israeli Supreme Court), etc.

How many Jewish citizens are there in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, etc. -- combined?

bUt MuH aTtAcKs oN jEnIn!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:52 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:38 am and for that matter, AOC and Omar and Cori Bush, "The Squad" boycotting Herzog's speech to Congress.

was the squad's motivation to do so antisemitic?

Yea, couldn’t possibly be some sincere concern about human rights. Must be nothing more than a petty political grudge.
I mean...you know who is in the Squad, right?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:36 pm
zsn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:21 pm I’m not being snarky or stir the pot or anything. It’s a genuine question based on curiosity.

I think the fact that you have to clarify -- repeatedly -- that you're talking about "non-Arab citizens of Israel" says most of what you need to know about Q and the squad and their exaggerations and one-sided hatred of Israel.

"iSrAeL hAtEs ArAbS" -- I mean...except for its 1.5 million Arab citizens, the 10 current Arab members of the Knesset (and the 100 who have served over the last 75 years), Khaled Kabub (the Aram/Muslim member of the Israeli Supreme Court), etc.

How many Jewish citizens are there in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, etc. -- combined?

bUt MuH aTtAcKs oN jEnIn!
The repetition was merely to phrase the question consistently. In some aspects, the bolded part is kind of what I’m trying to understand. The phrase “they have been at it for hundreds/thousands of years” is commonly used. I’m trying to understand, post spread of Islam since the 8th century, what percentage of population of the area that is currently Israel was Jewish prior to WW2 and what percentage since? Is the current majority Jewish population in Israel akin to the Caucasian population in North America or Australia.

Again, I’m asking the question strictly for my own understanding. It has nothing to do with The Squad or their intentions.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:37 pm

Yea. A bunch of politicians who, as you put it, HaTe BiBi!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:43 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:37 pm

Yea. A bunch of politicians who, as you put it, HaTe BiBi!
Yes. Bibi. And Jooze more generally.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:04 pm

Again, I’m asking the question strictly for my own understanding. It has nothing to do with The Squad or their intentions.
I get that, and I'm sorry for dragging you into my response to Q. Your post simply served to reinforce the point that respect for universal human rights is something that distinguishes Israel from every other nation in the region (and most nations on earth) -- the Squad and Q's fanciful protestations to the contrary, notwithstanding.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Bernie sanders has said, “it’s not antisemetic to be critical of a right-wing gummint in Israel.”

So, to cry antisemitism every time anyone suggests maybe Israel’s treatment of Palestinians (ETA and pretty much any other demographic who is not a Zionist) is maybe something LESS than “respect for universal human rights,” just seems less like actually concern for antisemitism, and more just gaslighty.

Oh, and fwiw, lemme repeat: I stand in solidarity with the Jewish people. So do they/them at large.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Good for Bernie.

Also, you don't actually know your head from your ass, which is to say that you don't stand with anyone but a bunch of dipshits.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

holy shit dude.

for now, all I'll say is, what a way to respond to a post about being gaslighty.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Israeli lawmakers pass a key law to weaken the judiciary despite public outrage

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Buddy of mine on a Qatar Airways flight. This was his in-flight map. What's wrong with the picture?

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that plane is enormous

(i kid)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I flew into Seoul. The flight left Detroit and went within 300 miles of the North Pole. Then down through Russia and China. The on-board map showed the flight cutting across North Korea.

Yikes.
Broham
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:49 pm Buddy of mine on a Qatar Airways flight. This was his in-flight map. What's wrong with the picture?

Another reminder that Qatar-based Al Jazeera is not a good source of information on the subject of this thread