Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
mjl2
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by mjl2 »

https://x.com/RubensteinAdam/status/171 ... 69100?s=20

Basically jfish's words.

"I think if your best argument is that the dead babies were only murdered, not beheaded, you've not only lost the argument, but also your mind."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t think it would be safe to presume, given what has unfolded, that all “they” have at their disposal are rocks, bricks and sticks
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man.

mjl's here wondering about the "big potential upside" to cutting off power and gas to over 2 million people, half of whom are kids, and surrounding them with troops

...and the evil one here is *me*
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:59 pm
...and the evil one here is *me*
Well...yeah.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:55 pm https://x.com/RubensteinAdam/status/171 ... 69100?s=20

Basically jfish's words.

"I think if your best argument is that the dead babies were only murdered, not beheaded, you've not only lost the argument, but also your mind."
MSNBC, during the Ari Melber show just now showed 3 pictures that were shown to SOS Blinken in Israel today, two of them babies in their cribs who had been burned.

I thought about retrieving them and linking them here, but, no.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:55 pm i don’t think it would be safe to presume, given what has unfolded, that all “they” have at their disposal are rocks, bricks and sticks
I assumed he was referring to civilian Gazans (maybe not safe assumption)... but yeah, even that is oversimplification trying to paint it so binary (my fault)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At least 11 United Nations employees have been killed in Israeli airstrikes in Gaza since the weekend, the UN said Wednesday, even as it called for emergency funding to continue humanitarian work in the embattled Palestinian enclave.

Among the dead are five teachers, a gynecologist, an engineer, a psychological counselor and three support staff, according to Jenifer Austin, UNRWA’s Deputy Director in Gaza, who added that some were “killed in their homes with their families.”

Thirty students at UN schools have also been killed, the organization said.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/11/worl ... index.html

Israelis just killing whoever the fuck they want now
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:22 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:08 pmyes
But those are very different questions. And that's the point here - the details matter. A lot.
Yea.

Let’s just start with trying to keep it to, what IS the appropriate response here by Israel?

(and by Israel’s imperial Eskimo bro, the US.)

How much counter-offensive we talking?

Ground invasion?

Bomb Gaza off the map?

Bomb Egypt?

Bomb Lebanon?

Bomb Syria?

And for how long?

lemme guess….

….for no matter how long it takes?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Biden with some inspiring words to bring it all into perspective

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyR3hiGN ... FlYzFmZQ==
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:19 pm Biden with some inspiring words to bring it all into perspective

Did you happen, by any chance, to see the entire speech and what led up to that moment?

If not, fuck you.

If so, and you posted it anyway, fuck you.
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tone deaf Randy. Terrible terrorist attack.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:54 pm Tone deaf Randy. Terrible terrorist attack.
No shit it's terrible. Pointing out that we have a joke as a leader doesn't make me tone deaf.

With the state of the world, now is a horrible time to have a senile fading president
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:51 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:19 pm Biden with some inspiring words to bring it all into perspective

Did you happen, by any chance, to see the entire speech and what led up to that moment?

If not, fuck you.

If so, and you posted it anyway, fuck you.
For the love of God, Shirley, take a break. You’ve officially lost it. SMH.
“Joe Biden became mentally impaired. But Kamala? She was born that way.” - President Donald J. Trump
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From today's NY Times: (I found the video in the 2nd link very moving.)

Israeli Billboards Thanking the U.S. Have a New Face on Them: Biden’s

...No less than Mr. Trump’s hawkish former ambassador to Israel, David M. Friedman, wrote online that while he remained a critic of the Biden administration, “the moral, tactical, diplomatic and military support that it has provided Israel over the past few days has been exceptional.”

Mr. Biden’s speech condemning the “evil” perpetrated by Hamas that killed more than 1,200 Israelis, his swift offer of military assistance, and the presence of his secretary of state, Antony Blinken, on Israeli soil have all won remarkable plaudits. A vast billboard in Tel Aviv thanks the president for his response.
A video circulating on Israeli social media channels placed Mr. Biden’s speech on the terrorist attacks against clips of Hamas atrocities and Holocaust imagery.
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Biden has been about as good as could be expected.

He's never going to be inspiring or passionate, but at least he's been RIGHT.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TEL AVIV, Israel — Israel's military has told the United Nations that all of northern Gaza's population needs to be evacuated, a U.N. spokesman said.

The Israeli order came late Thursday night and gave 24 hours for the evacuation to take place. The announcement affects a region that is home to about 1.1 million people.

However, in a statement released to the news media, U.N. officials pushed back on the Israeli directive. "The United Nations considers it impossible for such a movement to take place without devastating humanitarian consequences," the U.N. said. The Israeli order applied to all U.N. staff and those sheltered in U.N. facilities – including schools, health centers and clinics.
https://www.npr.org/2023/10/12/12053568 ... -with-gaza
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

It's now after noon in the Middle East and I am yet to hear/read of any significant examples of the declared global "day of anger" / "day of rage".
My guess is things are happening but as of now, it seems the American media isn't "reporting" anything.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:52 pm Biden has been about as good as could be expected.

He's never going to be inspiring or passionate, but at least he's been RIGHT.
If he somehow found himself on the wrong side of a terrorism argument, that would be beyond concerning
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

On my way to #Israel to report on the war.

I got on the
@airfrance
flight & the entire crew was singing in Hebrew. Caught this tearful moment as people boarded.

The flight attendant Jean Paul hugged people including me. I nearly burst into tears too.
#Love still wins.

Derek Cressman