Remy's Knee Thread:

Kansas Basketball.
sdoyel

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by sdoyel »

I’m worried that he may call it a season so he can heal up for the combine and draft.

I guess what I don’t get is: how does he do at practice? And how is that any different than the game?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:50 pm I’m worried that he may call it a season so he can heal up for the combine and draft.
After this season he might have trouble getting a combine invite. How many get invited? Like 75?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

His stock has tanked.
He needs to have a good February and March.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If he were going to leave he would have by now.

Need to stop believing Vernon's dumb ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Lets be honest Remy never had much a shot at the nba. He wanted to go last year. Wasn't there for him. So he came to ku instead.

Midget point guards don't often get drafted
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This whole dajuan harris thing isn't helping remys stock either. And in a way jalen Wilson's dui might have hurt Remys stock. If Wilson wasn't in the dog house we start the season:

Remy
Christian
Ochai
Jalen
Mccormack

And remy gets to showcase his ability as the lone point guard and floor general all season. And self's dajuan Harris infatuation doesn't snowball to where it is
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:54 pm His stock has tanked.
He needs to have a good February and March.
I dont think his stock was ever there. We know what he is. There is no changing it or hiding it. A really short really quick highly skilled player. Those guys just don't get drafted. He might get a spot on a roster for a few seasons like frank Mason did, but nobody is drafting him or building around him
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Dajuan harris is like the 2nd coming of Brady Morningstar. The 2022 point guard version. A good role player that self falls in love with. Defense, ball movement, understands the offense, but just not that talented
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well Mason is shorter than he is and got drafted and Remy was preseason B12 POY so his stock has definitely fallen...but I generally agree it's tough for guys like him to get a spot in the league.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 pm Dajuan harris is like the 2nd coming of Brady Morningstar. The 2022 point guard version. A good role player that self falls in love with. Defense, ball movement, understands the offense, but just not that talented
Case had it closer with Russ Rob.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I haven’t heard the postgame. Would like to understand Self’s plan. Was it to ease him in? Could he no longer go? Does Self say, here’s 15 minutes shoot as many times as you can?

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 pm Well Mason is shorter than he is and got drafted and Remy was preseason B12 POY so his stock has definitely fallen...but I generally agree it's tough for guys like him to get a spot in the league.
Remy needed a Frank/Vonte NPoY type season this year....it's apparent now that he's at KU surrounded by more talent that he's not quite as good as his ASU numbers made us think. Och CB Dave and JW are probably all better than anyone he played with last year. Remy can be a great player for us this year, but he's at best our 3rd best player imo. Maybe closer to 5th if good Dave sticks around.

Sort of like Yesufu.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:19 pm I haven’t heard the postgame. Would like to understand Self’s plan. Was it to ease him in? Could he no longer go? Does Self say, here’s 15 minutes shoot as many times as you can?
Yeah the whole situation was weird
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 pm Well Mason is shorter than he is and got drafted and Remy was preseason B12 POY so his stock has definitely fallen...but I generally agree it's tough for guys like him to get a spot in the league.
Remy needed a Frank/Vonte NPoY type season this year....it's apparent now that he's at KU surrounded by more talent that he's not quite as good as his ASU numbers made us think. Och CB Dave and JW are probably all better than anyone he played with last year. Remy can be a great player for us this year, but he's at best our 3rd best player imo. Maybe closer to 5th if good Dave sticks around.

Sort of like Yesufu.
I think the NBA wanted to see if he had any PG skills. He's actually shown he can distribute--albeit, we have such a small sample size. I don't think he's an NBA player, but there's 3+ months of important ball left.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:06 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 pm Dajuan harris is like the 2nd coming of Brady Morningstar. The 2022 point guard version. A good role player that self falls in love with. Defense, ball movement, understands the offense, but just not that talented
Case had it closer with Russ Rob.
He basically said poor man russ rob. Talent level its more like Brady. Russell rob was a highly rated scoring machine coming in from New York city. Russ came in as a 2 guard like top 30 4 star guard. Russ could get buckets, he just played on the most loaded team self has ever had, and self shifted him to point out of necessity
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If Harris is Brady Morningstar, and I admit I have gotten some of those vibes, particularly when it comes to long leash for a player that does the little things, then Yesufu is Anrio Adams.
Deleted User 863

Probably not far off. LoL
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yesufu is in a footrace with Ty Appleton for being the least impactful transfer guard in year one.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 pm If Harris is Brady Morningstar, and I admit I have gotten some of those vibes, particularly when it comes to long leash for a player that does the little things, then Yesufu is Anrio Adams.
😂

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

I think we hoped Yesufu was the next Frank, and unfortunately his talent level is closer to Nadir Tharpe...which isn't a knock necessarily. Tharpe won multiple big 12 PoW if i remember correctly. A guy like Tharpe would have put up big numbers at place like Drake. Yesufu can be a good college player with some time learning from Self imo.