March Madness 2022

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: March Madness 2022

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:36 am Even with Gradey Dick, I don't know how you can throw Harris and Yesufu out there for big minutes if they are who they look like right now.
Maybe Cuffe can fill the void? I don't know what to think of him yet.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the portal will yield players available at every position from here on out

DH isn’t going anywhere

given what we’ve seen from Yes, i wouldn’t be shocked if the staff brought in another ball-handling guard via the portal
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:39 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:36 am Even with Gradey Dick, I don't know how you can throw Harris and Yesufu out there for big minutes if they are who they look like right now.
You go back to the portal. Maybe not this offseason as I am not going to give up yet on Yesufu, but certainly if Yesufu doesn't work out during next season. And, if I am Joe, I am thinking I am way too talented to just be a rotation player at KU--Charlie Moore probably felt the same way.

Cuffe also seems like an off-guard and he has a ton of time to get things figured out.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:40 am the portal will yield players available at every position from here on out

DH isn’t going anywhere

given what we’ve seen from Yes, i wouldn’t be shocked if the staff brought in another ball-handling guard via the portal
I actually think I would be more OK with just giving Yesufu the keys to the 1 spot to start next season. We know what we have with Harris. Yesufu is clearly more talented and has the higher ceiling--let's find out if he can unlock his potential here. If it doesn't work out, we have a safety net.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

whatever we think our 2022-23 roster is going to look like today. it will not 3 months from now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pettiford may make the leap too. He already seems to at least be getting the teacher's pet treatment.

but yeah I too be would be ok with giving Yes the keys.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dajuan is a curiosity cuz it's like Self realizes his low ceiling, but still wants to balance that with his urge to play Dajuan 39 minutes a night for the next 3 years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:57 am Dajuan is a curiosity cuz it's like Self realizes his low ceiling, but still wants to balance that with his urge to play Dajuan 39 minutes a night for the next 3 years.
Given how the rotation has looked lately, my theory is that Bill played Dajuan a ton of minutes in the middle of the season because he was worried that Remy wasn't ever going to be physically ready this season and he had to get Dajuan ready for March.

And then add in Yesufu's slow progression and Pettiford's injury.

Remy played 29 minutes against Creighton, Dajuan played 18. We would have probably thought that was close to right before the season started.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, it's not a bad theory.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:42 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:39 am
You go back to the portal. Maybe not this offseason as I am not going to give up yet on Yesufu, but certainly if Yesufu doesn't work out during next season. And, if I am Joe, I am thinking I am way too talented to just be a rotation player at KU--Charlie Moore probably felt the same way.

Cuffe also seems like an off-guard and he has a ton of time to get things figured out.
im still pretty high on Pettifords potential
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:57 am Dajuan is a curiosity cuz it's like Self realizes his low ceiling, but still wants to balance that with his urge to play Dajuan 39 minutes a night for the next 3 years.
Minutes for Harris and Martin since the Big 12 tourney, when Martin emerged as a healthy, better option.

25 vs WVU (12 for Martin)
25 vs TCU (19 for Martin)
19 vs Texas Tech (26 for Martin)
29 vs Texas Southern (21 for Martin)
18 vs Creighton (29 for Martin)

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Martin lead in minutes again vs. Providence considering he is our leading scorer in the tourney so far.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No one should be next year who they are now. Perhaps the mreo consistent minutes will help Yesefu settle down and improve. Perhaps Harris spends the summer getting shots up and is an actual threat that needs to be guarded. Or perhaps a OAD transfer PG wants to drive the bus next year and Self rolls the dice again.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The issue with playing Yesufu at the point is that he's not a real PG; he's a combo who leans more towards the SG side...kind of like EJ. I'm cool with Yesufu handling the ball, but maybe not as the primary.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m hoping Bobby is notably better than we’ve seen
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:55 pm i’m hoping Bobby is notably better than we’ve seen
In fairness to him, I think what we've seen has mostly been the injured version.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:21 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:55 pm i’m hoping Bobby is notably better than we’ve seen
In fairness to him, I think what we've seen has mostly been the injured version.
very true

i guess i’m just hopeful that covid and the abdominal injury were masking an otherwise quality player, rather than him just not being as good as anyone had hoped
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Pettiford? Guy was barely a Top 100 recruit and didn't reclassify or anything. When healthy, he looked better and further along than I expected.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:52 pm Pettiford? Guy was barely a Top 100 recruit and didn't reclassify or anything. When healthy, he looked better and further along than I expected.
People still use this line of thinking? It's nice to get those 5* players and all, but if you're not getting the Top 5-10 guys, I don't think there's much difference between the guy at 25 and the guy at 100.

247 Rankings for the 1st team AA guys...
Ivey - 89
Tshiebwe - 31
Davis - 164
Agbaji- 132
Cockburn - 46
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A lot different as a freshman. The guys in the Top 25 are usually gone by the time the Och's are juniors and seniors.

Of course it's not perfect, but what range on average do you think has produced better stats and more pros, the guys in the 20's or the guys in the 90's?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I thought Pettiford looked good early when healthy. I mean, he looked very much like a freshman, but you saw glimpses of a really good player.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.