🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by Deleted User 863 »

LOL what is going on?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:27 pm LOL what is going on?
KU basketball announced Sydney Curry has reopened his recruitment.

Jayhawks are now back at the maximum on scholarships.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Wild guess: this means Ochai wants to come back?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh bummer!

How’s Bobby look in red?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:20 pm
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I don't like this.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Double dose of bad news
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Good to see the setback measured in weeks
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:00 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:27 pm LOL what is going on?
KU basketball announced Sydney Curry has reopened his recruitment.

Jayhawks are now back at the maximum on scholarships.
Including Agbaji. Is it a coincidence that Curry announces he is leaving right after the interview with Agbaji stating he is on the fence about leaving? Maybe, but I hope not.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu May 27, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Where’d Agbaji say that?

And has he appeared on any draft boreds?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:58 am Where’d Agbaji say that?

I hate linking to stuff you have to be signed up to read but https://theathletic.com/2610308/2021/05 ... -decision/

The Athletic caught up with Agbaji last week to see where he is with his decision and whether he’s considering a return to school.

What’s your timeline for deciding whether to stay in the draft or go back to Kansas? Are you all the way in or still on the fence?

I’m still really on the fence about it. Memorial Day weekend I’m going to go back home and then probably talk things over with my family.

What are the most important factors you’re weighing?

Really just hearing direct feedback. I mean, there’s always talk and rumors and people talking behind the scenes, but I think I’m waiting for more direct feedback. Going to work out for teams will give me obviously a better idea of who’s interested or where they see me at. I’m just mostly waiting for that process.

Is there an area in the draft where if you knew you were getting picked there, you would definitely stay in?

Not really. It’s more of finding a good fit for me, wherever that would be or whatever team is interested in me. It’s more of that, but more of those conversations will come once I start talking to coaches and talking to teams. I think I’ll have a better idea then.

If you were told teams have you in the back end of the draft or as someone they’d target for a two-way contract, is that something that interests you?

That is something that interests me, because like in the grand scheme of things, there’s been a lot of guys that have gone undrafted and still had successful careers or made their way as two-way players. So it’s really just more of finding the right fit for me as far as what I’m looking for, and if not, I still have the option open to come back.

What would pull you back to Kansas?

If I don’t really see the real interest as in like “definitely we’re going to take you” type deal, I think that’d be more of a deciding factor. Waiting to hear that is more of the feedback I want.

I’m sure you saw the Jayhawks landed Jalen Coleman-Lands, so if you include yourself and Jalen Wilson, they’d be at 14 scholarships, which is one over the limit. What was your reaction to seeing them take on another guy and the fact they’re now over the limit?

I want to say that’s happened before the year I was being recruited. I’m probably going to talk to the coaches about that when I go back. I think those decisions and more of those options will be talked about once I go back and talk to them.

How often are you communicating with the KU coaches?

I’m talking to Coach Rob (Norm Roberts) probably two, three or four times a week. He’ll call and reach out.

What do you think about what they’ve done with the roster?

It’s been a big change. Last week getting Remy Martin. I reached out and talked to him. The whole change and everything with all the guys from last year transferring out and then all these new guys, new faces. It’s really exciting having new faces and new guys come in really hungry.

What did you talk to Remy Martin about? Did you guys talk before or after he committed?

After. I reached and told him, “Welcome to the family.”

Did any of the guys who transferred out surprise you?

Yeah, honestly. I think it was more of where they went. Bryce (Thompson), in particular. I mean, I’m not speaking any bad thing or negative things like that, but Bryce going to Oklahoma State and Tristan (Enaruna) … I was there when Tristan chose to go to Iowa State. I talked with him. It’s all cool. It’s not like it’s anything negative where I’m speaking down on them, but I know they’ll have good opportunities there to play their game or whatever they feel is the right fit for them.

If this is it for you, how do you feel about how your career played out at KU?

I’ve had probably the most unique career with everything last year and then the season this year. I think my sophomore year was obviously one of our best years as in just how successful we were. Obviously last year was fun too, but it was just like different times, different kind of … everyone was kind of just adapting to stuff on the fly, so I think David McCormack and I have had one of the more unique careers at Kansas.

Did you get a sense at the end that the coaching staff really wanted to address some needs for the roster?

Yeah. It wasn’t anything really bad, but I knew there was going to be a lot of changes coming in the offseason.

And if you do come back, what do you think the team will look like next year?

We’re gonna be really good. Got a lot of pieces. This is gonna be a lot of getting acclimated to each other more than anything, but I think just knowing we’re on the same goal and everyone’s bought into that same goal, I think we’ll be back on the same track and be successful.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:04 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:58 am Where’d Agbaji say that?

I hate linking to stuff you have to be signed up to read but https://theathletic.com/2610308/2021/05 ... -decision/
On one hand, this is really the first time he has said anything about coming back.

On the other hand, some clips in that interview sound like he is going, others like he is coming back. Maybe truly on the fence, but he's right, it's way too early for him to have any good information from the NBA.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Knowing that there is a spot open for him can only help. We're loaded enough right now that we aren't screwed if he chooses to remain in the draft. So I don't see KU trying to actively fill that scholly until after Agbaji decides.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:14 am We're loaded enough right now
We are?

We don't feel loaded to me. Feels like there is a chance Braun and DMac are our 2 best players next year.

If Och and Wilson come back then i will feel somewhat loaded....but not by Kansas standards imo.

Loaded with bodies? Sure.

Loaded with high end recruits / future NBA players? I am not seeing it yet.

I would love nothing more than for them to prove me wrong though.

(I actually think it's more likely Och comes back than Jalen tbh)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:02 am
twocoach wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:14 am We're loaded enough right now
We are?

We don't feel loaded to me. Feels like there is a chance Braun and DMac are our 2 best players next year.

If Och and Wilson come back then i will feel somewhat loaded....but not by Kansas standards imo.

Loaded with bodies? Sure.

Loaded with high end recruits / future NBA players? I am not seeing it yet.

I would love nothing more than for them to prove me wrong though.

(I actually think it's more likely Och comes back than Jalen tbh)
There won't be anymore loaded by Kansas standards. People just need to get over that.

With the transfer rules the interest in recruits rated like 50-100 are not going to be as much of a focus. They'll just go pluck the best guy from a lower conference. They won't spend as much time recruiting the Masons, or the Grahams or the Morriis of the world. They'll let them go to a smaller conference and then have them come to Kansas after a year or two of doing well in a lower conference.

We're probably not going to see many top 5-10 recruits pick Kansas. Self doesn't have the greatest record with them and he won't suck their dick as much as Cal or K do.

But when people say loaded, it's in comparison to other teams in CBB for that year. And Kansas right now is a top 3 team. Pretty loaded.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Remy was better than anyone we had last season.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Remy needs to drop out of the draft.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦