Re: Who Is Banned?

Post by pdub »

Sriracha
Valentina's
FRANK'S red hot
El Yucateco Green
Tabasco
85 anal

Tapatio and Cholula are in the same vein as Valentina's and Valentina's tops em.
We only have six spots.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

85 anal

lol
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sriracha is so sweet it might as well be ketchup.
El Yucateco Caribbean is the best of the commercial sauces.
There was a guy in Franklin, IN that used to make them. The best. Harold's Dangerously Hot sauce was the best I ever tasted. Ralph's Righteous was a close 2nd.

Now it's El Yuc, Tabasco, or Frank's if I need no heat and good vinegar.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

El Yuc green has heat in my opinion.
85 anal is if you just want to tear up and visit the Shack's bathroom, one toilet - yes we have a stall with a lock now, and one trough that on some days we'll put ice in but don't expect it.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Given what you do I would think it would take you about a week to find a better job.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thanks for the confidence Mjl.
I am holding out in the hope that things get better because I love the company for what it stands ( or what it used to ) for.

If I do get cut, though, think of all the K-Crim coding I can do!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

maybe we’ll finally get a kick function?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm a nodejs dev - unfortunately the boards are built on PHP, of which i'm around as good as Charlie Moore at writing. But he had a 30 point game at DePaul once, right?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Sorry about the review, pdub. Try not to take it to heart; easier said than done, I know.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

also, imo, boot the 85, swap in Melinda's xxxtrahot.

jussayin'...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thanks CR.
85 would be mad if we took his hot sauce off the table.
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:56 am Just got the worst job review i've ever had in my entire life.
Even worse than when I worked at a xmas tree farm in early high school and tried to spend most of the day indoors in the heated barn drinking cider trying to hit on the girls working the register.
Work your ass off, new boss comes along, on the verge of being banned.
I know that feeling. When I worked at American Century 15 years ago, the manager who hired me left to be a full time Mom after I had been there 6 months or so. Always praised my work and thinking outside the box. My director then hired "Becky" who was an internal candidate from Audit. She just did not like me at all, probably because I knew more about the job than she did. Always critical of anything I worked on, never said anything positive about my work, on and on. She even said in a performance review once that maybe I wasn't AC material...lol. I still hate her to this day.

I left as soon as I found a different job and have been with my current employer since. Moral of the story, don't get down, keep your head up and things will work out in the long run.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My first job out of college I was hired to do reporting for a boiler room call center making next to nothing. I was busting my arse 12 hours a day and getting paid for 8. Boss decided to do reviews of everyone and I got the worst review ever. I asked if I was this bad, why am I not fired. He admitted since the team was new he wanted improvement so everyone got a bad review.

Years later, after that guy got fired, I was a technical manager and mentioned the story to the HR guy at lunch. He looked and it was still in my file. No one had ever looked at it. He burned it. RIP Tom. I miss you.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

On second glance my hot sauce list kinda sucks, but it at least got some posts on the satellite bored, so cool.

And I too have worked jobs where I busted my ass but then got an unexpectedly bad review. You can read all about it in the official ousdahl is funemployed thread.

It sucks that objective performance often means so little toward evaluations and opportunities to advance and such. If you want good marks you’re really better off just kissing butt, particularly in a corporate setting.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Had a boss tell us that her philosophy on reviews, was that she was harder on the employees on the numerical scores, but made up for it by all the wonderful things she wrote in the comments.

Raises were determined entirely by the numerical score.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Company I work for essentially has this philosophy.

Jordan
Magic
LeBron
Wilt
Bird

Someone has to be given an F on the team.

So fucking dumb
shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:39 am On second glance my hot sauce list kinda sucks, but it at least got some posts on the satellite bored, so cool.

And I too have worked jobs where I busted my ass but then got an unexpectedly bad review. You can read all about it in the official ousdahl is funemployed thread.

It sucks that objective performance often means so little toward evaluations and opportunities to advance and such. If you want good marks you’re really better off just kissing butt, particularly in a corporate setting.
Yep. I had a co-worker once who would send out emails at like 3am in the morning to all the managers and directors on some project he was working on. They all thought he was the hardest working guy there. Most of us knew better. He pretty much came in at 9am and left at 3pm. He would get up in the middle of the night just to send an email to make the "appearance" he was working late into the night...hated that guy as well, such a weasel. He eventually got fired for lying about his personal laptop being stolen out of the office so he could get a new one from the company. The dummy forgot they had cameras.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a good post shindig, but I’m gonna wait til 3am to respond to it.