holidaysmore

Re: Best Fried Chicken

Post by holidaysmore »

Wendy's will be as well.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Wendy's has good breakfast. I very rarely have ever seen stores that serve it though.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I read an article that they will be doing breakfast nation wide in the near future.
Broham
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

cool. I like their breakfast potatoes. It's like a cross between potato wedges and home fries.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:02 am soo McDonald’s bringing chicken biscuits to the breakfast menu
I ate at McDonald's for the first time in forever.
It just keeps getting worse.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, I can’t even think about a Big Mac without getting a weird feeling in my bowels.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Spicy chicken sammich and red beans n rice for lunch.
Not bad.
Broham
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Just stocked our deep freeze full of a half of a cow that we split with another family. Best quality of meat. Low in fat, lots of it. Saves you money compared to running to grocery store every time you need to get meat.

Lots of steaks, hamburger meat, some brisket and roasts as well. Grilling season is upon us.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang, my grilling season is just wrapping up. Can’t have tasty meats outside unless the bears are hibernating
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm Just stocked our deep freeze full of a half of a cow that we split with another family. Best quality of meat. Low in fat, lots of it. Saves you money compared to running to grocery store every time you need to get meat.

Lots of steaks, hamburger meat, some brisket and roasts as well. Grilling season is upon us.
We still have probably 30 pounds of ground beef from a half we got a little over a year ago. I do regret not having them do about 1/2 of the ground beef with a bit more fat. The super lean ground beef makes burgers a challenge.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:45 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm Just stocked our deep freeze full of a half of a cow that we split with another family. Best quality of meat. Low in fat, lots of it. Saves you money compared to running to grocery store every time you need to get meat.

We still have probably 30 pounds of ground beef from a half we got a little over a year ago. I do regret not having them do about 1/2 of the ground beef with a bit more fat. The super lean ground beef makes burgers a challenge.
Yeah it is a bit of a challenge Especially when I make patties out of the hamburger. We did some where they make the patties and divide them out for us. I don't remember the lean/fat ratio, but I think it's something like 85/15. Not horrible, but good enough.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:57 pm

Yeah it is a bit of a challenge Especially when I make patties out of the hamburger. We did some where they make the patties and divide them out for us. I don't remember the lean/fat ratio, but I think it's something like 85/15. Not horrible, but good enough.
I've had some luck keeping bacon fat and working it in with the ground beef for burgers. Also throwing the formed patties back into the deep freeze for about 15 minutes to firm up before putting them on a max-heat grill for the first sear.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Great reminder I need to buy a large deep freeze for the garage. Would love to get a half cow for butcher. The taste of that meat is so much better than the stuff you buy at the grocery store.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yep. My family does butchering and I'd love to buy, but just don't have the room in downtown KC.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:29 pm The taste of that meat is so much better than the stuff you buy at the grocery store.
Infinitely better.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:04 pm

I've had some luck keeping bacon fat and working it in with the ground beef for burgers. Also throwing the formed patties back into the deep freeze for about 15 minutes to firm up before putting them on a max-heat grill for the first sear.
Basically same thing just in a slightly different form.....ive used pork belly mixed into my elk sausage/burger,works with real lean beef too.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Basically same thing just in a slightly different form.....ive used pork belly mixed into my elk sausage/burger,works with real lean beef too.
I use pork to make sausage out of less-prized ducks, like spoonbills, or teal that are hard to get a lot of meat off.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

just curious, but if there’s not much meat why shoot ‘em?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

In the case of teal, because they're incredibly challenging to shoot. Much more like doves than the larger ducks (mallards, pintail, etc.).
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:36 pm In the case of teal, because they're incredibly challenging to shoot. Much more like doves than the larger ducks (mallards, pintail, etc.).
Does it make you feel like a man to murder swimming chickens?