Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

from my point of view, what has changed?

The ground game seemed ugly then, and still seems ugly now, so I'll admit I don't know what specific details have changed there.

There's apparently now protests across Europe about it. I guess that's some change since March? And who knows how the non-majority white countries perceive the whole thing, but I kinda doubt it's great.

Domestically, we've actually got some anti-war protestors speaking up; albeit a small, isolated, inept handful. They are only booed for doing so, and are gaslit into being labeled as Russian propaganda. (Sound familiar?)

We've got a very small number of progressive U.S. lawmakers who have shifted from expressing concerns about things like consequences and accountability, to either cold-shouldering or shouting down anyone who brings it up now.

oh, and the reporting on the war...the rhetoric only seems to be getting narrower in view, more sensationalistic, and, like Trad said...more propagandized?

For instance, white phosphorus...

The Washington Post has not been able to independently verify reports of white phosphorous being used in Ukraine.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... hosphorus/

White, brightly burning munitions were shown cascading down on the Azovstal steel works in the Ukrainian port of Mariupol in what a British military expert said looked like either an attack with phosphorus or incendiary weapons...

Reuters was not able to immediately identify the type of munitions being used on the Azovstal complex or when the video was taken...

It was not immediately clear which forces had fired the munitions, or from where.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/bu ... 022-05-15/

London — Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told a NATO summit on Thursday that Russia had used white phosphorus against civilians in his country.

"This morning, by the way, phosphorus bombs were used. Russian phosphorus bombs. Adults were killed again and children were killed again," Zelenskyy said.

Their use has not been independently confirmed...

There have been documented civilian casualties from the use of white phosphorus in war zones around the world, including Syria, Afghanistan, Gaza and elsewhere, according to Human Rights Watch.

The organization has called on world leaders to close loopholes in the international agreement governing incendiary weapons, or fully ban them, but claims that "a small number of countries have blocked progress."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-is-wh ... a-ukraine/

so the media shifted from "cannot independently confirm" -type articles with a more objective journalistic tone back in March, to now running scare-tactic stories sourced from "Elvis..."

(coincidentally, I think the "small number of counteries" who blocked the progress on banning incendiary weapons were Russia, and the United States.)

but, if I may ask, you sure it's ME who is tangling every discussion to fit a preconceived/force-fed notion?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

JFC.

Take a break.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:42 pm

but, if I may ask, you sure it's ME who is tangling every discussion to fit a preconceived/force-fed notion?
Yes.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what exactly is my preconceived notion?

and who exactly is force feeding me?
Deleted User 863

Your twitter algorithm.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:22 pm what exactly is my preconceived notion?

and who exactly is force feeding me?
those seem like questions for you not for me.

perhaps some introspection is in order?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm trying to be introspective here!

I'm even trying to seek your help! Seriously, that's why I asked.

If you could articulate precisely why you think I'm missing the point too much here, please do so.

But rather than make any good faith effort to do so, you come at me with this CoyDC shit instead.

And I'd encourage all you other guys too to attempt a little introspection, but I'm afraid none of you have expressed nor implied any interest in doing so.

In fact, I bet my request for your introspection would only once again get me attacked as just another Putin parrot...sigh. Feel free to prove me wrong, though - about this, or any other point I've attempted to make.

Let's leave it at this today: Perhaps the Omar exchange is a microcosm for this entire thread...why be introspective enough to actually consider the facts at hand, when you guys could just shout them out of the room instead?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i think it's mostly a case of, nobody else really cares.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Exhausting
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:26 pm I'm trying to be introspective here!

I'm even trying to seek your help! Seriously, that's why I asked.

If you could articulate precisely why you think I'm missing the point too much here, please do so.

But rather than make any good faith effort to do so, you come at me with this CoyDC shit instead.

And I'd encourage all you other guys too to attempt a little introspection, but I'm afraid none of you have expressed nor implied any interest in doing so.

In fact, I bet my request for your introspection would only once again get me attacked as just another Putin parrot...sigh. Feel free to prove me wrong, though - about this, or any other point I've attempted to make.

Let's leave it at this today: Perhaps the Omar exchange is a microcosm for this entire thread...why be introspective enough to actually consider the facts at hand, when you guys could just shout them out of the room instead?
There are some posters here you probably respect. They're are some posters here you probably don't respect.

All of them have tried, at one point or another, to reason with you in this thread. Ignore the ones of us you dont respect and listen to the ones of us you do. Even if you approach it that way, do you believe we are all wrong about this situation and You are the only one who is seeing this through clear lenses?

I ask you because if the answer to the above is yes. You have your answer as to why you are being compared to the crustacean and why some have auggest you perhaps have been gotten by your social media algorithms.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if I may suggest it as objectively and matter-of-factly as possible...

I think our disagreements here may be rooted in precisely who are being the crustaceans in this thread.

a lot more of you guys are on team Mich than you would like to admit.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

this one's gotta be another Russian propagandist or another Russian deep fake right?

they're really winning over the masses with this Putin parroting!

(that promptly gets booed)

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

meanwhile, in the rest of the world...

this one actually got some western media run!

of course, we all know "AP" stands for "Absolutely Putin"

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... cd346af273
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

just imagine if Russia was sending nukes to countries that neighbor Merica...

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:10 am just imagine if Russia was sending nukes to countries that neighbor Merica...

If America chose to invade a neighboring country and rape, murder and pillage their citizens then I would understand the escalation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:16 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:10 am just imagine if Russia was sending nukes to countries that neighbor Merica...

If America chose to invade a neighboring country and rape, murder and pillage their citizens then I would understand the escalation.
so by that logic...do you want, say, for Russia to intervene in Haiti?

And what sort of intervention would you think appropriate? nukes? tens of billions worth of other weapons?

Food for thought: what flag is this guy waving in front of the U.S. embassy in Haiti?

(either that, or Al Jazeera too has been corrupted by Putin propagandists)

https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/ ... esignation

oh, and just a heads up bro, friendly word of advice: unless you too wanna be ridiculed as a Russia supporter, you might want to refrain from saying the "escalation" part out loud.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:44 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:16 am

so by that logic...do you want, say, for Russia to intervene in Haiti?

And what sort of intervention would you think appropriate? nukes? tens of billions worth of other weapons?

Food for thought: what flag is this guy waving in front of the U.S. embassy in Haiti?

(either that, or Al Jazeera too has been corrupted by Putin propagandists)

https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/ ... esignation

oh, and just a heads up bro, friendly word of advice: unless you too wanna be ridiculed as a Russia supporter, you might want to refrain from saying the "escalation" part out loud.
The only neighboring countries that we share a border with that are relevant comparisons are Canada and Mexico.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The US and Russia both have ICBMs. What a weird concern.
Deleted User 863

The Ousdahl meltdown continues. What month are we on?

I keep hoping when he repeatedly says he is done with this thread that he means it. Mostly for his sake.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Italy has been a strong supporter of Ukraine — but that is starting to change

(whoa, actual western media actually mentioning anti-war protests!)