Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:18 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:05 pm per WashPo:

after call with putin, Macron convinced that the worst is yet to come and that putin wants all of Ukraine
Unfortunately, no surprise there.
true, at least for those paying attention with a sense of history
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

putin has the psychological disorder for it, now we will see if the Russian army has the stomach for what he has asked them to do.

putin may start killing some his own now to show them they have more to fear from him, than from the Ukrainians. Blood is going to start gushing soon it seems.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

woah…just saw headlines that a russian oligarch/businessman has put a million dollar bounty on putin’s head
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Illy will say it’s fake news.

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

By sitting here idly letting Putin exterminate Ukraine for fear of nuclear war, we have dramatically raised the likelihood of this happening again.

There will be war crimes being committed at every hour of the day today while we argue over whether Yesefu and Martin should get more minutes.

What country is next?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:49 pm putin has the psychological disorder for it, now we will see if the Russian army has the stomach for what he has asked them to do.

putin may start killing some his own now to show them they have more to fear from him, than from the Ukrainians. Blood is going to start gushing soon it seems.
He can sit back and bomb them into oblivion. Russia hasn't even begun to use their air force yet.

I can't believe that Russia is blowing another country off the planet and the rest of the world is just watching through their fingers.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Sigh.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:05 am
japhy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:49 pm putin has the psychological disorder for it, now we will see if the Russian army has the stomach for what he has asked them to do.

He can sit back and bomb them into oblivion. Russia hasn't even begun to use their air force yet.

I can't believe that Russia is blowing another country off the planet and the rest of the world is just watching through their fingers.
Again, what are we supposed to do here? There are no good options, but waiting for/encouraging the knives to come out is the best of a bunch of bad ones.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:01 am By sitting here idly letting Putin exterminate Ukraine for fear of nuclear war, we have dramatically raised the likelihood of this happening again.

There will be war crimes being committed at every hour of the day today while we argue over whether Yesefu and Martin should get more minutes.

What country is next?
Moldova, thats why they're panic asking for acceptance into the EU.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if russia does not let up, sooner or later the world will have to get involved.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:49 am

Again, what are we supposed to do here? There are no good options, but waiting for/encouraging the knives to come out is the best of a bunch of bad ones.
Just sit and watch people die, I suppose.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:04 am if russia does not let up, sooner or later the world will have to get involved.
The only thing that will force them to let up is if too much of their equipment breaks down due to poor maintenance.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I just read this morning that there have been three sets of assassination teams uncovered who were trying to kill Zelensky. The Ukrainians are saying in all three cases they got tips from insiders in Russia. Our intelligence keeps getting information that seems to come from Russia. There is even a bounty on putin's head from an oligarch. Many in the army seem to have no interest in being part of this fight. I read a term this morning, "friction of war" talking about how it is like walking in deep water. The seemingly endless and effortless resistance wears troops down.

If NATO stops putin it will all start over again in the near future. If he is taken down by internal forces he is dead and the next regime will likely take a different tact. The bombardment of a nuclear facility probably did not play well in Russia. They passed a law in their parliament yesterday I heard calling for 15 years in prison to anyone communicating "disinformation", or as the rest of the world would call it real news. It is the Russians move now. They know now for sure that putin would rather destroy their country and kill them all rather than suffer a personal humiliation. Who does that sound like? Hopefully yet internal military sabotage turns into a coup soon. That is the best we can hope for.

"Vladimir putin has suffered a medical emergency and has been taken to a medical facility. The acting president has declared a cease fire and will begin peace talks with Zelensky."
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:18 am

I just read this morning that there have been three sets of assassination teams uncovered who were trying to kill Zelensky. The Ukrainians are saying in all three cases they got tips from insiders in Russia. Our intelligence keeps getting information that seems to come from Russia. There is even a bounty on putin's head from an oligarch. Many in the army seem to have no interest in being part of this fight. I read a term this morning, "friction of war" talking about how it is like walking in deep water. The seemingly endless and effortless resistance wears troops down.

If NATO stops putin it will all start over again in the near future. If he is taken down by internal forces he is dead and the next regime will likely take a different tact. The bombardment of a nuclear facility probably did not play well in Russia. They passed a law in their parliament yesterday I heard calling for 15 years in prison to anyone communicating "disinformation", or as the rest of the world would call it real news. It is the Russians move now. They know now for sure that putin would rather destroy their country and kill them all rather than suffer a personal humiliation. Who does that sound like? Hopefully yet internal military sabotage turns into a coup soon. That is the best we can hope for.

"Vladimir putin has suffered a medical emergency and has been taken to a medical facility. The acting president has declared a cease fire and will begin peace talks with Zelensky."
I am guessing that Putin did not specifically order or approve the attack on the nuclear plant. I think he expanded the engagement envelope, generally, and that this was off-script on the ground.

I think this is all escaping him, and that his present plan is to declare himself the winner and try like hell to lie his way through it and suppress/deny all evidence to the contrary.

Sound familiar?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and the economic noose continues to tighten as well

individual oil companies (Shell, BP, etc) are self-imposing purchase sanctions, which is really the only major stream of revenue russia has left in addition to natural gas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:25 am
japhy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:18 am

I am guessing that Putin did not specifically order or approve the attack on the nuclear plant. I think he expanded the engagement envelope, generally, and that this was off-script on the ground.

I think this is all escaping him, and that his present plan is to declare himself the winner and try like hell to lie his way through it and suppress/deny all evidence to the contrary.

Sound familiar?
I hadn't thought of that, it could be just as likely as anything else. It was a reckless move that makes absolutely no sense. He is in survival mode now. Declaring victory and walking away would actually be his best move. He could stay in power. But in the long run his days would be numbered. The rest of Russia can't afford to have him go off half cocked again.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Doesn’t Putin have to come up with some way to get re-elected in 2024?

Tho who knows how legit those elections are.

And 2 years is an awful long time either way

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:35 am Doesn’t Putin have to come up with some way to get re-elected in 2024?

He is an elected official in name only.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 am
Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:35 am Doesn’t Putin have to come up with some way to get re-elected in 2024?

He is an elected official in name only.
Ousdahl always gives putin the benefit of the doubt.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.