Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:22 am The weed and the cocaine wouldn't have done it. Not to all three of them at the same time.
The fentanyl?
Yea, that'll do it.

Pdub may or may not have done the second drug listed in his past but a. obviously if he did in the past, wouldn't take it now bc he's an older more responsible human and b. wouldn't take it now bc who the fuck knows if shit like fentanyl mixed in there.
These days, I wouldn't recommend doing anything chemical (cocaine, LSD, ecstasy etc...) because of the risk of fentanyl.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I might even bump that up to I wouldn't recommend doing anything you didn't buy ( or know someone bought from ) at a licensed dealer.
Even THC, in whatever form, can be mixed/laced with shit.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'M WODN'T EAT COTIN EVEN CANDY THIS DAYS YA DIG.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Crazy scolding conservative trolls all over the comments. The gist of their opprobrium distills, beyond blaming Biden, to this being the own fault of the dead in some weird justice of the divine. They say this without knowing how the drugs even got into them. Or why they were outdoors. Something is definitely amiss.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:22 am Crazy scolding conservative trolls all over the comments. The gist of their opprobrium distills, beyond blaming Biden, to this being the own fault of the dead in some weird justice of the divine. They say this without knowing how the drugs even got into them. Or why they were outdoors. Something is definitely amiss.
What's "amiss" is that they got gooned out of their minds. Four high school buddies decided to party with a friend from high school who was known as "The Chemist" since high school because he was known for chemically making all sorts of ways to get high. I doubt they accidentally ingested the weed and coke. Maybe the fentanyl was mixed with the coke and THAT part wasn't their intention.

Once you're wasted to a level where you pass out for two days, it's not weird at all that some of them went outside. Unfortunately for them, they were outside when they passed out.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

But we don't know that. Who did what to whom and how unresolved. Going outside seems like something you might be dragged into doing. Also, Chumly the chemist may not have a toxicology report.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:34 am But we don't know that. Who did what to whom and how unresolved. Going outside seems like something you might be dragged into doing. Also, Chumly the chemist may not have a toxicology report.
Yes, we do know that they were gooned out of their minds. Yes we do know that they got together with a high school friend. Yes, we do know that the friend was known to have been a drug maker in pursuit of highs.

Sure, there's lots we don't know and some weird, low percentage things can happen, especially with drug users. But most of the times things just aren't that complicated. You find three friends, who gathered to party, on a porch frozen to death with high levels of drugs in their system and the odds are much higher that they did too many drugs and passed out in an unfortunate place than they are that one of the people nefariously drugged them without their knowledge. I mean "our buddy unknowingly drugged us" makes for a funny story line in "The Hangover" but it's realistically only a tiny percentage chance of actually happening.

"Hey, you can't smoke cigarettes in my house, take it outside" followed by "we'll come with you" is way more likely than three full grown adults being drugged and forced to go outside against their will.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Their buddy committed a felony or two. Have to figure out the limits of his exposure to possible crimes. But killing someone while committing a felony like distribution of narcotics is gooning beyond a Spielberg farce
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Well sure, I assume that investigators still have lots to figure out about the person who lives there, whether the deaths were accidental vs. intentional etc... and if any crimes may have committed.

Fentanyl is some scary shit. I would never do any sort of street drug again but the risk of fentanyl being involved seals the deal. I just hope it is enough to scare our kids out of trying things.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I agree twocoach--the vibe in the comments was weird, like the dead fans were their customers almost. "Their own bad decision" taking the place of "she was asking for it dressing that way." Not sure how much the dead guys decided. Chemist dude worked in a place where he might have access to drug precursor agents.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:14 pm I agree twocoach--the vibe in the comments was weird, like the dead fans were their customers almost. "Their own bad decision" taking the place of "she was asking for it dressing that way." Not sure how much the dead guys decided. Chemist dude worked in a place where he might have access to drug precursor agents.
Or it's as simple as "we have partied with this guy for 20 years and the coke he gets for our parties has always been fine but this time, it came laced with fentanyl because fuck, just about everything seems to be these days".

As for the FoxNews fucktards in the comments, who cares. If you have given FoxNews enough of your personal data to be able to read all their articles and post comments on them then your brain is forever rotted. "They got what they deserved" is a standard trope of Bible thumping assholes.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:30 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:14 pm I agree twocoach--the vibe in the comments was weird, like the dead fans were their customers almost. "Their own bad decision" taking the place of "she was asking for it dressing that way." Not sure how much the dead guys decided. Chemist dude worked in a place where he might have access to drug precursor agents.
Or it's as simple as "we have partied with this guy for 20 years and the coke he gets for our parties has always been fine but this time, it came laced with fentanyl because fuck, just about everything seems to be these days".

As for the FoxNews fucktards in the comments, who cares. If you have given FoxNews enough of your personal data to be able to read all their articles and post comments on them then your brain is forever rotted. "They got what they deserved" is a standard trope of Bible thumping assholes.
Painting with a broad brush means some things that should be green catch some purple.

For my money, I've been around enough addicts to never casually say something like "they got what they deserved."

Actions have consequences, and this is a totally foreseeable consequence for the actions of an addict. But "deserved" is not a line I'm willing to cross from afar.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:03 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:30 pm

Painting with a broad brush means some things that should be green catch some purple.

For my money, I've been around enough addicts to never casually say something like "they got what they deserved."

Actions have consequences, and this is a totally foreseeable consequence for the actions of an addict. But "deserved" is not a line I'm willing to cross from afar.
Well said.

I choose not to say much about AA/NA/CA but when asked I always respond - it works for many people, and for those it does help, good for them.
I'll never forget getting assessed at Northwestern Hospital and being asked if I consider myself to be a user, abuser, or addict. I was torn between saying user and abuser.
I was an addict. A "functioning" addict.
I share that because......
There is a good reason why in AA/NA/CA the Who, What, How, and Why, begins.....
Who is an addict?...... "We are people in the grip of a continuing and progressive illness whose ends are always the same: jails, institutions, and death".
Very debatable until you read and think about "continuing and progressive illness whose ends".
As long as it continues and progresses, like everything else in life, it reaches an ultimate end. For me the end was an "institution" (rehab).
For those 3, "users", "abusers", "addicts", whatever they were - it was death.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Chris Jones sounds like he’s a little sick of hearing about mccaffrey and the 9ers offense
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Whether Chris Jones is a Chief next year, i'd love to see him go out with a performance where you are thinking 'well maybe he shoulda won MVP over Mahomes actually'.

Like 3 sacks, a bat down that leads to an INT and a forced fumble and recovery.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That would be great. I would love to see both him and Sneed have major impacts on this game so that our offseason is spent trying to figure out whether or not KC can figure out how to get both of them back for next season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:58 am That would be great. I would love to see both him and Sneed have major impacts on this game so that our offseason is spent trying to figure out whether or not KC can figure out how to get both of them back for next season.
I think we've got to move on from Jones.

Took 68.11% of snaps this season, down from 79.79% the year before. He's been on the sideline on obvious, crucial passing downs. He'll turn 30 this summer.

You can't spend big money on that guy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Nope.
The offer that we were going to give him might honestly be as good as he will get this offseason.
And in hindsight, maybe it'll be good he didn't accept.