Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:31 am soooo

Invasions = bad
American invasions = bad
America = not bad

that's quite the logic!

but please, keep doubling down about how it must be everyone else who is missing the point.
Who said America = good? Yes, the fact that you injected that indicates you don't get the point. The point is that (US good or US bad), in the context of Russia invading Ukraine, isn't what matters. But you keep inserting it - which is exactly why I posted that. He's talking exactly about what you just did.
Mich says America good lol. And your tweet says anyone who thinks America bad is an idiot, which might imply a smart person would think the opposite is true?

and for real how is the point of a tweet about America and Iraq supposed to be in the context of Russia invading Ukraine? Is the reader supposed to assume that?

do you mean to say he means to say that whether America invaded Iraq should have no bearing on whether America should be considered good or bad? Or that it's inappropriate to suggest America might be bad just cuz they invaded Iraq? Are we supposed to separate the offense from the perpetrator? Like some "hate the sin love the sinner" kinda way...but "hate the invasion love the invader?"

And that, since we're actually to assume the point of this tweet about America and Iraq should be taken in the context of Russia invading Ukraine...is the point that, the fact America has been fucking around for years in Ukraine should be considered immaterial to the situation?

in the context of Russia invading Ukraine, does he intend some logical analogy? do you think he'd also think that if your main takeaway from the Ukraine war is that "Russia bad" instead of "invasions are bad" then sorry but you're an idiot too?

cuz that feels gross to even just say, don't it? I mean of course Russia bad! They're bad in like every single thing Mich has ever watched!

tho to be fair the only thing Mich has ever watched is Rocky IV.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Don't try to shift the attention to Mich because mjl is making you look silly, again.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

X
Last edited by Mjl on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

X
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

X
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

A fruitless endeavor. He'll just ask more questions and ignore your answers.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Yeah, I need to leave this thread again, stupid me for coming back.
Deleted my posts, no use in getting worked up
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:03 pm “A fact is information minus emotion.

An opinion is information plus experience.

Ignorance is an opinion lacking information.

And, stupidity is an opinion that ignores a fact.”
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

well played
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sigh.

part of me really does wanna try to make some point about something and something. Or something.

But at this point, I think it's better to just agree with mjl about this thread.

Stupid for coming back.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

russian fsb whistleblower claims putin had/has plans to invade Japan as well
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I didn't know that Russia and Japan have been beefing over some islands that Japan claims as their territory but Russia has occupied since WW2. Or something.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nor did i
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

allegedly, russia propaganda was planning to label the Japanese as nazis and fascists
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

go figure.

I guess the two things Japan and Ukraine have in common is, they're both neighbors with Russia, and they both teamed up with Nazi Germany in WW2.

But, I'm not sure the domestic dynamic in Japan is quite as radical as the "not exactly choir boys" in Ukraine, nor am I aware of the US and NATO pumping tens of bajillions of dollars worth of weapons indiscriminately into Japan either. Oh, and in contrast to Ukraine being a little bit more autonomous, pretty sure Japan is covered in U.S. military bases.

Sorry, just thinking out loud. hope none of that is too controversial.

Cuz, for real, hope this isn't too controversial, either: Putin needs to stop being a little bitch and accusing everyone else of being nazis just to create pretense for his bullshit invasion ambitions.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

why would he stop, it clearly works......
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:51 am go figure.

I guess the two things Japan and Ukraine have in common is, they're both neighbors with Russia, and they both teamed up with Nazi Germany in WW2.

But, I'm not sure the domestic dynamic in Japan is quite as radical as the "not exactly choir boys" in Ukraine, nor am I aware of the US and NATO pumping tens of bajillions of dollars worth of weapons indiscriminately into Japan either. Oh, and in contrast to Ukraine being a little bit more autonomous, pretty sure Japan is covered in U.S. military bases.

Sorry, just thinking out loud. hope none of that is too controversial.

Cuz, for real, hope this isn't too controversial, either: Putin needs to stop being a little bitch and accusing everyone else of being nazis just to create pretense for his bullshit invasion ambitions.
maybe, just maybe, ALL of the pretenses for the invasion of Ukraine are bs, and this has always been about nothing more than a healthy appetite for war (and attention?) in the kremlin
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

YES!

that's what I've said all along! Over and over again.

so please realize that.

Please!

except, lemme nitpick your vocabulary just a bit:

there's no such thing as a healthy appetite for war.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:15 pm that's what I've said all along! Over and over again.
um, hardly
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:17 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:15 pm that's what I've said all along! Over and over again.
um, hardly
I admit, I expect it much more so from...uh, certain other posters. But with you, I think you're much brighter, and much more open-minded as a whole. So, this is difficult, and frankly a little surprising, to have to say:

Stop only hearing what you wanna hear!
ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:51 am Putin needs to stop being a little bitch and accusing everyone else of being nazis just to create pretense for his bullshit invasion ambitions.
ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:50 am
Like I've said all along, the "de-nazify" rhetoric from Putin is bullshit.
ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:53 pm
cuz AGAIN! I don't know how many times I have to say this!

Russia's rhetoric is bullshit

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:19 pm
This was my response then, and what I’d like to reiterate once again, Putin’s rhetoric is bullshit
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:47 pm
I don't recall discussion around the legitimacy of that as a reason to invade. Or rather, there wasn't much of a discussion, since as far as I recall, everyone agrees that Putin's "de-nazify" rhetoric was bullshit, and not a legitimate reason to invade.
ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:58 pm let me again clarify - even if Ukraine is run by a bunch of fascists, that in no way justifies the Russian invasion!
ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:03 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:56 pm odd

putin has completely stopped with the nazi rhetoric

wonder why…
cuz it was bullshit all along?
ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:19 am
Of course the Russian bullshit about nazis was just that - bullshit. Just like I've maintained all along!
ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:43 am

I do think that the Putin rhetoric to "de-nazify" Ukraine is just that, only rhetoric
ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:59 am
And again, I think Putin's rhetoric is bullshit.
ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:23 am
AGAIN...the Russian invasion is evil, and should be condemned

...AGAIN, let's distinguish criticism of the war as a whole, with trying to gaslight me into being some kinda supporter of the other side.
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:42 pm
But, again, Russian propaganda can be bullshit...

And as scaru as Russian propaganda may be, I’m also scared of how many of you guys don’t even seem to have considered how much western pro-war propaganda we’re inevitably exposed to right now, and grew up consuming.

The solution, I think, is less a “good guy bad guy pick a side” kinda thing, and more a “be skeptical, be objective, open yourself to the idea that the truth is inevitably in the middle” kinda thing.

And for the love of Jah, stop gaslighting anyone who deviates with your views!
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:35 pm I again would like to condemn, and mention Fuck You Putin
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:44 pm
NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THE RUSSIAN INVASION IS JUSTIFIED IVE SAID IT A THOUSAND DIFFERENT TIMES NOW

...fuck Putin fuck the Russian invasion fuck those fucking fucks over and over

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:37 pm
I don’t support Putin’s bullshit here. Not one bit! Fuck him.
Qusdahl wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:20 am Putin's rhetoric is bullshit, and fuck him.

...I guess my question now is, if we can all agree that Putin's rhetoric is bullshit, how are we also so quick to accept the Pentagon's rhetoric is air tight? Did we really learn nothing from WMDs in Iraq?