Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:37 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:31 pm Q is going full randy.

"I can post all the pro-russia stuff I want as long as I say I'm not Pro-Russia"

Never go full randy.
Dude.

I’ve repeatedly condemned Russia.

I’m just seeking context for a batshit crazy situation.

It’s everyone else who is comfortable with taking a complex situation and reducing if all to some simple black and white “Russia bad” who is going full Q.

Read a goddamn history book!
Says the guy who paints the Donbas situation simply as "Ukraine bombing it's own people". Unbelievable.

And your condemning of Russia sounds like someone who gives a speech about how awful black people are and then ends it with "But I'm not a racist!"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It is beyond insane to me that the whole world is basically just sitting here watching Russia invade another nation. This was the world my parents were born into; it shouldn't be the world of my children. We're left sitting here crossing our fingers hoping that the dinky little army of Ukraine takes a big enough bite out of the Russian Army for Putin to stop doing this. This is what happens when you put people with no morals into the ultimate position of power in a major nation. Thank god Trump was the flaccid sack of shit that he was or there is no end to the damage that could have been done.

Can we all please stop rewarding the bullies? There are way more of us than there are of them. People just need to stand up to it more and band together in greater bonds and stop letting them do whatever the fuck they want damn the consequences. I am so sick of this shit.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:39 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:22 pm
Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:58 pm Twitter doesn’t count. Didn’t the bored’s self-appointed foreign policy experts tell you?

And since you didn’t answer the first time but quoted it anyway, I’ll ask again:

that link mentions "thinly veiled attempts to legitimize Russian disinformation campaigns denigrating neighboring nations and promoting the distorted Soviet narrative of much of contemporary European history." What, exactly, are they talking about?
Russian propaganda. You know, like the stuff you keep posting here
Yea, cuz the NATO and PBS links must be coming straight from the Kremlin.
Wait, you thought NATO's explanation of its purpose supports what you (and Putin) are saying? Oh dear. It directly contradicts you. You (and Putin) are the ones claiming that NATO's only purpose is anti-Russian.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Where’d I say any of that?

I don’t want to play victim, but I DO want you guys to stop gaslighting me with all this trying to put words in my mouth.

And yeah I’ll admit I may only understand certain issues skin deep, but bear in mind I’m the only one admitting that! Everyone else is acting like some some goddamn expert, with little more than ad hominem attacks to back it up.

I’ll stick to the Q meme, if you’d prefer. Russia bad! Merica good!

Happy?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:56 pm It is beyond insane to me that the whole world is basically just sitting here watching Russia invade another nation. This was the world my parents were born into; it shouldn't be the world of my children. We're left sitting here crossing our fingers hoping that the dinky little army of Ukraine takes a big enough bite out of the Russian Army for Putin to stop doing this. This is what happens when you put people with no morals into the ultimate position of power in a major nation. Thank god Trump was the flaccid sack of shit that he was or there is no end to the damage that could have been done.
while i agree with the sentiment, i’m not quite sure what you’d like done

nobody wants to escalate this further due to threat of nuclear war

the US wants stiffer sanctions with things like Swift, but our European partners are too concerned about their own economies

so what do you think should be done?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:58 pm Where’d I say any of that?

I don’t want to play victim, but I DO want you guys to stop gaslighting me with all this trying to put words in my mouth.

And yeah I’ll admit I may only understand certain issues skin deep, but bear in mind I’m the only one admitting that! Everyone else is acting like some some goddamn expert, with little more than ad hominem attacks to back it up.

I’ll stick to the Q meme, if you’d prefer. Russia bad! Merica good!

Happy?
i’m reading exactly what you’re posting (and not posting, from the same sources)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:56 pm It is beyond insane to me that the whole world is basically just sitting here watching Russia invade another nation. This was the world my parents were born into; it shouldn't be the world of my children. We're left sitting here crossing our fingers hoping that the dinky little army of Ukraine takes a big enough bite out of the Russian Army for Putin to stop doing this. This is what happens when you put people with no morals into the ultimate position of power in a major nation. Thank god Trump was the flaccid sack of shit that he was or there is no end to the damage that could have been done.
Not intended to be snarky: what are we supposed to do? We are not treaty-bound to defend Ukraine, and to actively intervene militarily would seem to give Putin pretext to do any number of very bad things.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Russia bad! Merica good!

putin bad, yes

NATO good, not just for the US, but for Europe as a whole…and even the safety and security of the entire planet, imo

NATO as some kind of boogie man as an odd take…unless you’re of putin’s mindset
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:50 pm Q is right

russia isn’t bad

the soviets weren’t bad

stalin, hitler and mussolini weren’t bad

all were just overly misunderstood

jfc, dude
Hey, the French and Polish are on either side of Germany and had an alliance. Now, I'm not saying I support Hitler. But what were they supposed to do? Plus, there was anti-Semitism in Poland. You just are trying to over-simplify by calling the Nazis bad guys. And there were even reports that Poles crossed into Germany before Germany declared war, what's up with that?

But I don't support Hitler.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.latimes.com/business/techno ... ?_amp=true

As Russian bombs and cruise missiles rocked cities across Ukraine early Thursday morning, another front in the long-simmering conflict was erupting. The internet quickly became a battlefield in its own right, with propaganda and disinformation threatening to muddy the water for Americans following the crisis from afar…
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if you haven’t seen it, you should

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:00 pm
while i agree with the sentiment, i’m not quite sure what you’d like done

nobody wants to escalate this further due to threat of nuclear war

the US wants stiffer sanctions with things like Swift, but our European partners are too concerned about their own economies

so what do you think should be done?
That's the problem. People who function within the boundaries of common empathetic morals cannot respond in a manner necessary to make evil people stop being evil. You have to either crush the oligarchs financially, an action that will crush the common people of Russia, or you have to go to war. Every path is full of more suffering and death at the hands of otherwise moral people. I just hate all of this, it makes my heart hurt.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

This president is going to be remembered for a long time.

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:07 pm
The only thing dumber than her is the people who believe her. The GOP and Putin are embarked on similar paths that require constant lies and misinformation because their truths are not supportable by a majority of people with a conscience.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I think someone mentioned it already, but Ukraine is making a strong audition to join NATO.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:33 am
sdoyel wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:07 pm
The only thing dumber than her is the people who believe her. The GOP and Putin are embarked on similar paths that require constant lies and misinformation because their truths are not supportable by a majority of people with a conscience.
It doesn't matter. Just keep saying it enough times and it must be true.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:56 am
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:27 am Qus going full gusher.
With his pro-russia propaganda, I thought it was Dinesh D'Sousdahl.
I was gonna try to steer clear of this mess, until you went to actual war in the QT thread, so quoting here to preserve the sanctity of the satellite bored.

If I may ask, how are you able to condemn the Russian aggression, yet condone the nazi aggression that prompted it?

And again, I’m anti-war, regardless of who’s picking the fight.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5