Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by jfish26 »

dolomite wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:43 pm We’ll see in just a short time what Biden has planned for a payback for the loss of our soldiers.
Or we won’t see at all.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:22 am
dolomite wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:43 pm We’ll see in just a short time what Biden has planned for a payback for the loss of our soldiers.
Or we won’t see at all.
It's an election year.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:48 pm
dolomite wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:53 pm Biden needs to grow a pair, send over the B-52 bombers and drop some daisy cutters on those Houthis who keep prancing around in their night shirts while waving around their AK rifles. It’s getting annoying having to bat away their missles like gnats at a bbq.
If there's anything we should have learned from the Vietnam war and/or from GWB and the neocon-inspired invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, it's that defeating the motivated inhabits of another country, in their own country, is fraught:

Nov 15, 2002 Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld...rejected concerns that the Iraq war would be a quagmire.

"The idea that it's going to be a long, long, long battle of some kind I think is belied by the fact of what happened in 1990," he said on an Infinity Radio call-in program.

He said the U.S. military is stronger than it was during the Persian Gulf War, while Iraq's armed forces are weaker.

"Five days or five weeks or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that," he said...
I guess the key term in this post is, “should have learned.”

Cuz, on Vietnam and Afghanistan and Iraq…ummmm…

…are we sure we’ve really learned a thing?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:31 am
Or we won’t see at all.
It's an election year.
Point taken. But in this, ah, environment, I would not necessarily think whatever is told out loud is the whole story.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not the whole story…and yet, every attempt I’ve made to flesh out that thought has been very aggressively ridiculed by you as bad guy propoganda
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

just. fucking. stop. ceasefire now, you're the smartest guy in the room. Yay ousdahl! all bow down to your superior intellect and marvel at the highness of your steed. Now go away.

I think thats 4 ceasefire nows in this thread so not only are you a delustional child, you're a liar too.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:22 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:31 am

Or we won’t see at all.
It's an election year.
Point taken. But in this, ah, environment, I would not necessarily think whatever is told out loud is the whole story.
I would hope not.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:31 am just. fucking. stop. ceasefire now, you're the smartest guy in the room. Yay ousdahl! all bow down to your superior intellect and marvel at the highness of your steed. Now go away.

I think thats 4 ceasefire nows in this thread so not only are you a delustional child, you're a liar too.
I meant that comment specific to the Israel/Palestine thread.

And even tho I’m fairly certain overlander didn’t and doesn’t sincerely want a ceasefire now, and was saying it only mockingly to get me shut up in that thread, I did shut up in that thread.

I’ve only posted about Israel or Palestine peripherally since, when it involves other countries yet, like Israel going on trial for genocide at The Hague, or Biden sidestepping Congress to keep giving Israel weapons anyway.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

so how do we get you out of this thread?

and out of the business of analyzing basketball too?

I'm in, just tell me how.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dude, I think the issue with the war thread is more, well, all the war; and less figuring out how to silence anyone who questions the war. That could be a slippery slope you’re suggesting.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

any day we get to drop some stuff on the middle east. is a good day.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

my question isn't how we figure out what to do with international policy. It is how to quiet your ignorance on these threads. You stand on some fictional moral high ground and pretend like you actually know what you're talking about. You don't. Thats, what I'm hoping will stop.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve suggested plenty of things.

Generally, let’s try for some international policy that positions us as the biggest adults in the room, rather than the biggest bullies.

Of course, one way we might achieve that is for voters to pressure politicians to take more diplomatic approaches.

But considering how conditioned voters are to cheer on war like some sorta team sport, and deride anyone who doesn’t fanboy out as well, I dunno how likely that’ll be.

I mean, for instance: this thread!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/01/30/poli ... index.html
Biden said he holds Iran responsible for the attack, which CNN has reported was carried out by suspected Iranian proxy forces. Tehran has denied responsibility for the attacks, calling allegations of Iranian involvement “baseless.”

“I do hold them responsible in the sense that they’re supplying the weapons to the people who did it”
- President Biden, without any awareness or irony

And yet, so many will still wonder why his legacy will very much be Genocide Joe.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

say the guy that gets his information from a hairy drunk and stoned fake hippy chick in a resort town who leaves the bar and goes to "fight the power" from her dads multi millionaire dollar condo in winter park...righttt after a nap and another round of tochtos.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:35 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:31 am just. fucking. stop. ceasefire now, you're the smartest guy in the room. Yay ousdahl! all bow down to your superior intellect and marvel at the highness of your steed. Now go away.

And even tho I’m fairly certain overlander didn’t and doesn’t sincerely want a ceasefire now, and was saying it only mockingly to get me shut up in that thread, I did shut up in that thread.
Don’t pull me into your shenanigans
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:07 am any day we get to drop some stuff on the middle east. is a good day.
Good to hear from our “special” group.

Now, put on your helmet, grab your spork, and enjoy your fruit cup…while the adults discuss grown up shit.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:43 pm say the guy that gets his information from a hairy drunk and stoned fake hippy chick in a resort town who leaves the bar and goes to "fight the power" from her dads multi millionaire dollar condo in winter park...righttt after a nap and another round of tochtos.
Tochtos? Is that tater tot nachos?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:01 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:43 pm say the guy that gets his information from a hairy drunk and stoned fake hippy chick in a resort town who leaves the bar and goes to "fight the power" from her dads multi millionaire dollar condo in winter park...righttt after a nap and another round of tochtos.
Tochtos? Is that tater tot nachos?
Yes!
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:35 am

Don’t pull me into your shenanigans
No offense bro but didn’t you at least kind of pull yourself in with your ceasefire comment?

If you meant it sincerely, I’m not sure why the shenanigans would bother you.

If you meant it antagonistically, well, I’m sure you amused illy.

But, speaking of - the “ceasefire” word is actually floating around news cycles this week!