Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, it's quite the nickname.

for a second Qusdahl wanted to post something like "since when have westerners ever had any concern for the people of Syria?," but honestly, I wanna avoid antagonism.

if I can revisit this thread as civilly as possible, I think part of the reason I got so worked up previously is that anything I posted was met promptly with petty antagonism, discrediting me and my views, with little substance offered to do so. Forgive me if that can get under my skin. BTW, thanks zsn for the sincere thoughts on Pakistan yesterday.

And just how pretty much anything I said here was met so rarely with any sort of critical thinking or actual analysis, but more so only knee jerk dismissals and ad hominems, just like the war machine wants its subjects conditioned to do. "fuck Putin" "YeR JuSt PaRrOtInG PuTiN!!!" And just what a lack of perspective some exhibited! "I take pride in calling bullshit on the Iraq invasion from the get-go, but this shit about arming fascists in Ukraine, it's all like so totally legit!" Let's all have a little awareness here.

Speaking of conditioning, I think many of us want the narrative to fit all neat and tidy, like some kind of a Hollywood movie script or something. "Ukraine good Russia bad! That's all there is to it!" Maybe that's just human nature. Or maybe it's the effect of propaganda. You never ask questions when God's on your side.

Honestly, it reminds me of when I "deconstructed" from Catholicism. While lip service was given to a "critical examination of yer faith," there was an obvious certain point when the critical questions were no longer welcome. It was met was stuff like "you really shouldn't think of it that way ous, so what if it doesn't add up, you just gotta have faith that it does!"
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

You ignored anything of substance. That doesn't mean substance wasn't presented.

You ignored reasons given beyond simplistic good vs evil. That over-simplification is definitely occurring in MSM, but I didn't see it here. The only over-simplifying I saw was from you, the idea that if there's a war it means both sides are to blame.

You're just repeating yourself now. There's no reason to reply because you just ignore anything substantial because it doesn't fit with your views.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

MICHHAWK will never lie to you.

we are what 4-5-6 weeks in. the china fungus is over. the weather gets a little better every day.

the "i feel real bad for them. but we are 4-5-6 weeks in with no end in sight. the china fungus is over. the weather is getting better every day. let the summer begin." sentiment gets a little thicker with every passing day. but we can comfort ourselves with the fact that we are sending them 1 billion dollars a day in aid.

it's unfortunate but that is human nature. God Bless America.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:07 pm MICHHAWK will never lie to you.

we are what 4-5-6 weeks in. the china fungus is over. the weather gets a little better every day.

the "i feel real bad for them. but we are 4-5-6 weeks in with no end in sight. the china fungus is over. the weather is getting better every day. let the summer begin." sentiment gets a little thicker with every passing day. but we can comfort ourselves with the fact that we are sending them 1 billion dollars a day in aid.

Well, these are sure words, yes they are.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sometimes you people need to be reminded of what's going on in the real world.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if Q may offer a little perspective here, howsabout a few headlines mjl prob missed this week:

- Zelensky being invited to speak to the Greek Parliament, and Greek Parliament members walking out on him when he brought Azov battalion nazis to speak as well (in today's edition of "how western propaganda works," here's how WSJ reported it: https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia ... ZFRUW3WExG )

- the Pope blessing Ukraine while kissing a Ukraine flag that featured a nazi iron cross symbol and language from some far-right Ukranian paramilitary group

- Twitter banned ex-Marine intelligence and UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter for tweeting that he thinks Zelensky may be a bigger war criminal than Putin (to be fair, dunno much about Scott Ritter but he sounds like a shithead)

- Reuters reporting the Pentagon cannot independently confirm the massacre of civilians in Bucha was perpetrated by Russia: https://www.reuters.com/world/pentagon- ... 022-04-04/

- NBC News reporting U.S. officials who admit the narrative about Russian chemical weapons was pushed even tho there's no evidence of Russian chemical weapons, and that the U.S. pushes an information war even when the info isn't "rock solid," "even when confidence in the accuracy of the information wasn’t high," "possible rather than truly likely," "a lot of speculation," "lacked hard evidence," "a public game,"
"doesn’t have to be solid intelligence when we talk about it"
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... -rcna23014

(spoiler alert: pretty sure Reuters and NBC News are just more Russian propaganda bots.)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:07 pm MICHHAWK will never lie to you.

not sure a billion dollars a day toward yet another war on the other side of the world with no end in sight is exactly something I would comfort myself with, but your mileage may vary.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Didn't miss most of it unfortunately, I find misinformation fascinating, so I'm aware of it.

Try digging into those.

Stop assuming others are ignorant. We're not. You're projecting.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:27 pm sometimes you people need to be reminded of what's going on in the real world.
JFC
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“the real world”

:lol:

says mich as he buries his head in the sand
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:55 pm yeah, it's quite the nickname.

for a second Qusdahl wanted to post something like "since when have westerners ever had any concern for the people of Syria?," but honestly, I wanna avoid antagonism.

if I can revisit this thread as civilly as possible, I think part of the reason I got so worked up previously is that anything I posted was met promptly with petty antagonism, discrediting me and my views, with little substance offered to do so. Forgive me if that can get under my skin. BTW, thanks zsn for the sincere thoughts on Pakistan yesterday.

And just how pretty much anything I said here was met so rarely with any sort of critical thinking or actual analysis, but more so only knee jerk dismissals and ad hominems, just like the war machine wants its subjects conditioned to do. "fuck Putin" "YeR JuSt PaRrOtInG PuTiN!!!" And just what a lack of perspective some exhibited! "I take pride in calling bullshit on the Iraq invasion from the get-go, but this shit about arming fascists in Ukraine, it's all like so totally legit!" Let's all have a little awareness here.

Speaking of conditioning, I think many of us want the narrative to fit all neat and tidy, like some kind of a Hollywood movie script or something. "Ukraine good Russia bad! That's all there is to it!" Maybe that's just human nature. Or maybe it's the effect of propaganda. You never ask questions when God's on your side.

Honestly, it reminds me of when I "deconstructed" from Catholicism. While lip service was given to a "critical examination of yer faith," there was an obvious certain point when the critical questions were no longer welcome. It was met was stuff like "you really shouldn't think of it that way ous, so what if it doesn't add up, you just gotta have faith that it does!"
I'm just gonna assume this is another one of your hilarious jokes and not meant to be taken seriously...

because boy...if it was sincere....yikes .
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yikes, indeed.

(speaking of petty antagonism, with little substance offered, and knee jerk dismissals, and ad hominem...)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:47 pm Didn't miss most of it unfortunately, I find misinformation fascinating, so I'm aware of it.

Try digging into those.

how am I projecting?

and do you mean to say you find misinformation fascinating in the sense you find these stories about the pope and Greek parliament and the US gummint admitting it peddles in misinformation, to be the misinformation?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:55 pm Yikes, indeed.

(speaking of petty antagonism, with little substance offered, and knee jerk dismissals, and ad hominem...)
Theres 50! pages of legitimate, honest, analytical responses to your nonsense knee jerk memes.

Why would I rehash each one of those just to be dismissed with another open ended question that addresses nothing and piddles off into the sunset with nothing accomplished.

If you want discussion and answers the re-read this thread. Multiple people have been patient and responsive to your queries and you can't or won't acknowledge that the responses exist and instead play some weird victim uno card.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:00 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:47 pm Didn't miss most of it unfortunately, I find misinformation fascinating, so I'm aware of it.

Try digging into those.

how am I projecting?

and do you mean to say you find misinformation fascinating in the sense you find these stories about the pope and Greek parliament and the US gummint admitting it peddles in misinformation, to be the misinformation?
You're projecting by saying "I bet mjl missed this" and accusing others of over-simplifying. You don't dig into anything so you're completely ignorant and then you just assume everyone else is ignorant too.

What's the source on the iron cross thing? And even if it's there, that flag had shit all over it, no telling who defaced it. But other than far right tabloids I haven't seen an actual source on that.

You pluralized Nazis regarding the Greek parliament thing, a little thing you do ohso often because you need help with your fucking garbage. It's another indication that you don't care about actual truth. It was one dude shown on video, picked because he's ethnically Greek, and who didn't seem particularly fond of Nazis based on his words.

Of course the Pentagon can't confirm that the Russians committed the attrocities in Bucha, they weren't there to witness it. They also said they have no reason not to believe it.

Nobody here said the US government or the Ukrainian never peddle misinformation. In fact we've said the opposite. But as I said, you just ignore that because it's not fitting into your view of things.

And what's your point in all of this? When the Azov actually was a Nazi independent group, you didn't say shit. When people actually were dying in Donbas, you didn't say shit. The only reason to bring it up now is to defend Russia's actions. You keep saying "fuck Putin" because you don't even realize that's what you're doing. But there is absolutely no other reason to wait until Russia attacks Ukraine to suddenly raise a bunch for of shit like that. You're playing the part of people who were bringing up unequal treatment of women by Iraq and Afghanistan as if that's a reason to invade.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:32 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:55 pm Yikes, indeed.

Theres 50! pages of legitimate, honest, analytical responses to your nonsense knee jerk memes.

Why would I rehash each one of those just to be dismissed with another open ended question that addresses nothing and piddles off into the sunset with nothing accomplished.

If you want discussion and answers the re-read this thread. Multiple people have been patient and responsive to your queries and you can't or won't acknowledge that the responses exist and instead play some weird victim uno card.
Exactly. He just sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "LALALALALA"
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

On another note, doesn't seem right that Zelensky has to keep begging for enough military support to end the Russian onslaught.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dolomite wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:44 pm On another note, doesn't seem right that Zelensky has to keep begging for enough military support to end the Russian onslaught.
you should buy a plane ticket and offer yourself up as a grunt
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the UNITED STATES is doing our portion. like we always do. the rest are lagging behind. like they always do.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:47 pm the UNITED STATES is doing our portion. like we always do. the rest are lagging behind. like they always do.
I don’t know why I even bother, but: evidence please? Facts?