Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

There’s another vid apparently of a Chinook native tearing down the “reclaim Portland” sign

so rad
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sooner or later this will run into real money. Not sure what the alternative is though.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sigh.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also a commie babe posted a screenshot of this tweet reply but Instagram deleted it

#Zucked

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Where would you like for the russian tanks to stop rolling, Quoussie?
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

wait, the US provoked russia to invade Ukraine?

:lol:

i can’t decide who is going further down the lobster path, illy or ousie
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:58 am Also a commie babe posted a screenshot of this tweet reply but Instagram deleted it

#Zucked

Just so dumb.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What exactly do you think is dumb about it?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:02 am wait, the US provoked russia to invade Ukraine?

This is concerning.

If you might be willing to compare and contrast me and lobster, please do.

I feel he and I are ideologically total opposites, but help me out if you would.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:22 am What exactly do you think is dumb about it?
1) We aren't "cheering it on"
2) The gov't isn't "stealing our money"
3) The US didn't "intentionally provoke" this to happen
4) The US doesn't seem to be convinced that the Ukrainians can't "win" as a win just seems to be defined by having Russia get the fuck out, which seems like it is an achievable goal.

So pretty much all of it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh.

Ok.

Good!

Cuz for a second there Qusdahl thought it was dumb that Facebook goes all fascist about censoring anti-war rhetoric.

But of course that’s not it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:02 am wait, the US provoked russia to invade Ukraine?

This is concerning.

I feel he and I are ideologically total opposites, but help me out if you would.
You may be driving in the opposite direction but you're both driving cars that need to have their windshields thoroughly scrubbed. All these kooky conspiracies and unconfirmed "facts" stick to people like big juicy bugs on a windshield. The more you drive through the muck and the swamp of "news" sources full of unconfirmed stories and full-on propaganda lies, the dirtier your vehicle gets. A token squirt of wiper fluid from time to time just smears them all over your viewpoint and clouds your ability to see what is actually going on outside.

It's hard to balance seeing beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us and the propaganda BS the social media posers barf out in an effort to look like they see beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:25 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:22 am What exactly do you think is dumb about it?
1) We aren't "cheering it on"
So all the #StandWithUkraine hashtags are just for the lulz? And all the Ukrainian flags being flown across America are just cuz blue and yellow are pretty together?
2) The gov't isn't "stealing our money"
Well then, at the very least, could you please provide me a detailed breakdown of precisely what your and my tax dollars are paying for in Ukraine, and where those resources are ending up?
3) The US didn't "intentionally provoke" this to happen
Again, I just dunno if it’s reasonable to state so definitively that escalating a years-long proxy war in Ukraine has nothing to do with Ukraine.
4) The US doesn't seem to be convinced that the Ukrainians can't "win" as a win just seems to be defined by having Russia get the fuck out, which seems like it is an achievable goal.
Yea, who knows. As has been mentioned, the US war rhetoric is an interesting combination of “Russia is a bunch of bumbling idiots who are tripping on their own dicks” and “Russia is a big scary nuclear power who will take over the world if we don’t keep throwing money at the MIC.” Who knows how this ends up. If it goes full WW3, at least Japhy will enjoy the flash.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:38 am

This is concerning.

You may be driving in the opposite direction but you're both driving cars that need to have their windshields thoroughly scrubbed. All these kooky conspiracies and unconfirmed "facts" stick to people like big juicy bugs on a windshield. The more you drive through the muck and the swamp of "news" sources full of unconfirmed stories and full-on propaganda lies, the dirtier your vehicle gets. A token squirt of wiper fluid from time to time just smears them all over your viewpoint and clouds your ability to see what is actually going on outside.

It's hard to balance seeing beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us and the propaganda BS the social media posers barf out in an effort to look like they see beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.
Thanks for this.

There are lots of ways to contrast myself with the crustacean. Perhaps the only way we both compare is, we both may deviate from some mainstream narrative about a lot of things - albeit on opposite ends of the bell curve.

Lobster sought only information to validate his views. I seek all the info I can get, even if it destroys my views.

Not to mention lobster getting alarmingly cozy with all the bigoted misogynistic bullshit, which I wholly condemn.

Among other differences…

But in the context of this thread, bear in mind I’m prob only one seeking any context “beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.”

But maybe that just makes me a social media poser.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:38 am

This is concerning.

Thanks for this.

There are lots of ways to contrast myself with the crustacean. Perhaps the only way we both compare is, we both may deviate from some mainstream narrative about a lot of things - albeit on opposite ends of the bell curve.

Lobster sought only information to validate his views. I seek all the info I can get, even if it destroys my views.

Not to mention lobster getting alarmingly cozy with all the bigoted misogynistic bullshit, which I wholly condemn.

Among other differences…

But in the context of this thread, bear in mind I’m prob only one seeking any context “beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.”

But maybe that just makes me a social media poser.
I get what you're shooting for, I really do. And it is certainly different than Lobster's goal for sure. You just give more credence than I do to the words of random anonymous (and occasionally fake) "people" on social media. Maybe I am just soured to it is all, I don't know.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, lobster’s sources were pretty sus.

Remember when he’d post links to literal nazi message boreds?! (Though to be fair, if he was still around to post that shit in this thread, far too many of you guys would think it was nbd)

Trust me, I’m skeptical of everything. I DONT automatically believe things just cuz someone on social media posted it. Even if it validates some held view. Even if it’s some bisexual commie babe with pretty eyes and high hips and good wingspan too.

If at any point I did post a source that was little more than some dubious social media account, please refer me to it. For real, call me out and I’ll eat that crow!

I try to confirm things with more respected sources, and even then, I maintain some feeling that not everything is as it seems.

If I may express concern of my own, it seems plenty of you guys refuse to acknowledge or consider my views and my sources even though I’m posting otherwise respectable sources.

I’ll post some Washington Post article like “we have alarmingly little oversight about what becomes of the weapons we pump into Ukraine, and honestly don’t know who gets them or what’s done with them,” or post some state.gov take like “Ukraine has been a bloody oppressive humanitarian crisis for years” or some NYT article like “some US lawmakers express concern about furnishing weapons for a country full of Nazis” or a cia.gov declassified doc like “yea we’ve been up to some shady shit in Ukraine for decades,” and it all seems to fall on deaf ears.

Almost makes you wonder which among us really are the ones only seeking to validate our preexisting views.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 pm it seems plenty of you guys refuse to acknowledge or consider my views and my sources
since you are a russian bot, i'm guessing you don't really care what others think of you.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

somewhat regularly i get “OMG” social media stories sent to me that i feel compelled to check out and varify their truthiness

thing is, they are sent from my 70+ year old mother
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“If I may express concern of my own, it seems plenty of you guys refuse to acknowledge or consider my views and my sources even though I’m posting otherwise respectable sources. ”

bs

just because we don’t agree with you doesn’t mean we don’t acknowledge or consider your views

continued engagement with you on this topic is proof enough of that

nobody, other than maybe mich, has said that US is beyond reproach, generally

dolo is really the only sabre rattler around here. most everyone else, unless i’m mistaken, would rather this not even be an issue the world has to deal with right now

but it is an issue that “we” must deal with, and you’ve offered zero alternatives to the current situation other than “let’s all just get along” and “US is bad and has no business telling other countries what to do”

i don’t even think you’ve offered an alternative solution to dealing with violent dictators generally…much less, specific to this situation

i, and i’m sure others, have pointed out numerous times that the US has often, including with Ukraine, sought diplomatic solutions long before military ones were used…but you don’t even acknowledge that part of the debate. or, if you do, it’s just a momentary lull before the next hot take solution to world problems encapsulated in 280 characters or less

quit playing the victim card