Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:30 pm
JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:27 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:20 pm i haven't encountered a social medias knowitall yet, that didn't claim to be making 6 figures. they all do it. it's part of their charm.
I’ve noticed that as well.
do you guys want me to get you a room? i’ve got the extra cash flow, so nbd
I’m good. Thanks anyway.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:26 pm 5 degrees and only 6 figures?
Well, when 4 of them are made up…..🤷🏻‍♂️
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:36 pm
One bachelor’s, three master’s, and one Ph.D. I’m guessing that’s five more than you’ve earned, unless we’re counting JUCO degrees.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

oooooh, diss
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

One bachelor’s, three masters, and one PHD, and still gotta work 3 jobs

That’s a job for each masters!
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:40 pm
One bachelor’s, three master’s, and one Ph.D. I’m guessing that’s five more than you’ve earned, unless we’re counting JUCO degrees.
I have 1 degree and make 6 figures…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m curious…what metrics do psych and mich use to determine who is truthful and who is just making shit up with what gets posted?

decoder ring? tarot cards? prayers? crystal ball? magic 8 ball?

or does it really just boil down to world view and personal narrative?

(nah, that couldn’t be it)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

JK also has to be the dumbest person with 6 degrees I know...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

back on topic…seems there may not be a ton of support within russia for what’s going on

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022 ... -in-russia

Russian police arrest nearly 1,400 protesters at rallies against invasion of Ukraine.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:53 pm back on topic…seems there may not be a ton of support within russia for what’s going on

Russian police arrest nearly 1,400 protesters at rallies against invasion of Ukraine.
The idea that Putin's lost it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. What exactly happens when it becomes apparent that there's not really a viable way to hold Ukraine militarily?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:55 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:53 pm back on topic…seems there may not be a ton of support within russia for what’s going on

The idea that Putin's lost it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. What exactly happens when it becomes apparent that there's not really a viable way to hold Ukraine militarily?
exactly…desperation doesn’t seem like a good place for him (and necessarily, the rest of the world)

i was listening to an interview over lunch with the NYTimes Moscow correspondent, and he was saying that nobody really knows what the true motivation is, or what putin’s end-game is. the narrative is countering NATO, but even if he succeeds in Ukraine, NATO is still going to be there (and likely stronger with more resolve)

it’s all very odd (and scary)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

also, seems that there is an ecological disaster just waiting to happen (again) with the fighting around Chernobyl
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:59 pm

exactly…desperation doesn’t seem like a good place for him (and necessarily, the rest of the world)

i was listening to an interview over lunch with the NYTimes Moscow correspondent, and he was saying that nobody really knows what the true motivation is, or what putin’s end-game is. the narrative is countering NATO, but even if he succeeds in Ukraine, NATO is still going to be there (and likely stronger with more resolve)

A (reasonable) fear is that he will use a tactical nuclear weapon, which would put NATO in quite a bind.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Putin is about re-establishing the Soviet Union it seems. He was looking for any excuse to raid a bordering country.

However, like I mentioned previously, if the sanctions hurt his buddies money, they won't be happy along with many others in the country that are not happy with this. There's no "peace" to be had from this, and the Russian people see that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:02 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:59 pm

A (reasonable) fear is that he will use a tactical nuclear weapon, which would put NATO in quite a bind.
can’t remember if i posted the story a few weeks back, but somewhat ironically scientists just updated the doomsday clock
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:48 pm
JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:40 pm

I have 1 degree and make 6 figures…
Didn’t ask, but thanks for sharing, I guess.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:48 pm i’m curious…what metrics do psych and mich use to determine who is truthful and who is just making shit up with what gets posted?

decoder ring? tarot cards? prayers? crystal ball? magic 8 ball?

or does it really just boil down to world view and personal narrative?

(nah, that couldn’t be it)
Because you’re all about facts and logic and reason, right? Lulz.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:57 am i am more interested in what the administration we elected is going to do. than the one we didn't.
Me too.
The last one had a guy who wanted to nuke clouds and have people inject disinfectant to rid themselves of Covid.

Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:52 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:57 am i am more interested in what the administration we elected is going to do. than the one we didn't.
Me too.
The last one had a guy who wanted to nuke clouds and have people inject disinfectant to ride themselves of Covid.

The last one covered up Russia’s assistance in getting him elected and also tried to withhold defense aid to Ukraine in order to extract negative information about the family of his election opponent.