Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:05 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:04 pm put down the bong…lol

you do realize that prescription meds, namely opioids, are a much bigger issue than weed, don’t you?

talk about virtue signaling…
Worked in a methadone clinic for several years. Well aware, but the weed saps motivation and ambition, which is the point I was speaking to.
Sure, for many/most weed saps motivation and ambition.
That being said, some of the most motivated and ambitious people are avid/frequent weed smokers. Right?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:17 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:52 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:57 am i am more interested in what the administration we elected is going to do. than the one we didn't.
Me too.
The last one had a guy who wanted to nuke clouds and have people inject disinfectant to ride themselves of Covid.

The last one covered up Russia’s assistance in getting him elected and also tried to withhold defense aid to Ukraine in order to extract negative information about the family of his election opponent.
Your response was much better than mine.
Not sure how we as a county benefit from this but I am confident Biden knew Ukraine was a country before he became President. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump didn't. Unless he owned a golf course
there.

https://www.indy100.com/news/trump-geog ... ne-9307641
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

So the Qusdahl pages are saying this should be understood in the context of 8 years of NATO shit on the Ukraine border. What were the details of that whole Crimea drama in 2014, and since?

Also saying there’s a lot of neo nazi shit to it. You know how the Qusdahl pages be

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:52 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:48 pm i’m curious…what metrics do psych and mich use to determine who is truthful and who is just making shit up with what gets posted?

decoder ring? tarot cards? prayers? crystal ball? magic 8 ball?

or does it really just boil down to world view and personal narrative?

(nah, that couldn’t be it)
Because you’re all about facts and logic and reason, right? Lulz.
zing?…i guess
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

They said in no uncertain terms they condemn Nazism and bigotry. People just want to believe whatever they want to believe. https://usun.usmission.gov/explanation- ... of-nazism/

So Q thinks Russia should also invade the US because we have some neo-Nazis and free speech, right?

You can't invade a country because they joined an alliance. You complain about America being war-mongering and defend Putin, who is actually starting a war. It's insane. Batshit fucking insane.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

zero integrity
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:39 pm They said in no uncertain terms they condemn Nazism and bigotry. People just want to believe whatever they want to believe. https://usun.usmission.gov/explanation- ... of-nazism/

So Q thinks Russia should also invade the US because we have some neo-Nazis and free speech, right?

You can't invade a country because they joined an alliance. You complain about America being war-mongering and defend Putin, who is actually starting a war. It's insane. Batshit fucking insane.
The debasement of the Republican Party is now complete- from Freedom Fries to defending Putin. Party of Reagan?? Batshit crazy doesn’t even begin to explain it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

zsn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:07 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:39 pm They said in no uncertain terms they condemn Nazism and bigotry. People just want to believe whatever they want to believe. https://usun.usmission.gov/explanation- ... of-nazism/

The debasement of the Republican Party is now complete- from Freedom Fries to defending Putin. Party of Reagan?? Batshit crazy doesn’t even begin to explain it
Absolutely fucking nuts
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Here or the Republicans thread. I guess it doesn’t matter…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Of course the official statement condemns nazism. but at the very least, the fact it's only the US and Ukraine voting against the Russians looks coincidental now. And so many other (mostly white) countries abstaining. And the otherwise vast majority of other countries (mostly of color) having no problem just voting in favor of combating nazism, even if it's the Russians advancing it.

that link mentions "thinly veiled attempts to legitimize Russian disinformation campaigns denigrating neighboring nations and promoting the distorted Soviet narrative of much of contemporary European history." What, exactly, are they talking about?

then it goes on to defend free speech. Oh good! Except that it's all over the place about what free speech is OK (nazi free speech) and what is not (some vague "distorted Soviet narrative"). At the very least, I'm left with more questions than answers.

I should mention, that last post was kind of misleading. It's not Q in the sense of the alt-lobster Q meme, but Q in that it only seems like the pussy leftists are pointing out any nazi angle to it. At the very least, I'm curious. And perhaps concerned. We've seen the western world downplay the threat of white supremacy before. Does it not concern you too?
Last edited by Qusdahl on Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

posting as two posts cuz both of these posts is already too long:

that's quite the jump to conclusions mat. I dunno where you got any of that. Except for the part about American warmongering. Yea that's kind of our thing. But invade the US? Defend Putin? huh?

If it really needs to be pointed out, pussy leftists are anti-war. By anyone anywhere. Particularly in an imperial sense. They think diplomacy is the best route lol. Or even a viable route. That's what makes them pussies!

we westerners may not be getting the whole story to whether they're invading simply cuz "they joined an alliance." It's cuz maybe that alliance has actually been starting shit too. Are you familiar with what exactly NATO or whatever has been up to on the Ukrainian border for the last 8 years? Me neither.

Let's take your perception of Q wanting to invade the US and flip this hypo: if some Russian alliance set up camp along one of our borders, how would Merica react? for 8 years?

I guess I'm hesitant to just hastily accept whatever mainstream narrative we're hearing right now. When it comes to imperialism and foreign meddling, Merica doesn't always have the best rep .

but yeah, maybe the Q is defending Putin? I guess that would make sense with the weird Trumpublican angle. I dunno. I've been too busy reading the pussy leftist memes.

I do agree, it's all batshit fucking insane.

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:22 am
Of course the official statement condemns nazism. but at the very least, the fact it's only the US and Ukraine voting against the Russians looks coincidental now. And so many other (mostly white) countries abstaining. And the otherwise vast majority of other countries (mostly of color) having no problem just voting in favor of combating nazism, even if it's the Russians advancing it.

that link mentions "thinly veiled attempts to legitimize Russian disinformation campaigns denigrating neighboring nations and promoting the distorted Soviet narrative of much of contemporary European history." What, exactly, are they talking about?

then it goes on to defend free speech. Oh good! Except that it's all over the place about what free speech is OK (nazi free speech) and what is not (some vague "distorted Soviet narrative"). At the very least, I'm left with more questions than answers.

I should mention, that last post was kind of misleading. It's not Q in the sense of the alt-lobster Q meme, but Q in that it only seems like the pussy leftists are pointing out any nazi angle to it. At the very least, I'm curious. And perhaps concerned. We've seen the western world downplay the threat of white supremacy before. Does it not concern you too?
It looked bad to you only because you didn't look into the context. It's a stupid thing to vote on, it's like saying "Evil is bad, who is with me?!" while pointing at some kid who has done an occasional wrong in his life just like anybody else. The whole purpose of it was to set up the attack on Ukraine. The US stood up to that while still condemning bigotry, it was the right vote.

You seriously believe Putin is on a mission to fight Nazis? You haven't spent much time with Russians, have you.

There is no Nazi angle to it. The US is the only thing keeping another Holocaust from happening, they shouldn't have to put up with those bullshit allegations.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:31 am posting as two posts cuz both of these posts is already too long:

that's quite the jump to conclusions mat. I dunno where you got any of that. Except for the part about American warmongering. Yea that's kind of our thing. But invade the US? Defend Putin? huh?

If it really needs to be pointed out, pussy leftists are anti-war. By anyone anywhere. Particularly in an imperial sense. They think diplomacy is the best route lol. Or even a viable route. That's what makes them pussies!

we westerners may not be getting the whole story to whether they're invading simply cuz "they joined an alliance." It's cuz maybe that alliance has actually been starting shit too. Are you familiar with what exactly NATO or whatever has been up to on the Ukrainian border for the last 8 years? Me neither.

Let's take your perception of Q wanting to invade the US and flip this hypo: if some Russian alliance set up camp along one of our borders, how would Merica react? for 8 years?

I guess I'm hesitant to just hastily accept whatever mainstream narrative we're hearing right now. When it comes to imperialism and foreign meddling, Merica doesn't always have the best rep .

but yeah, maybe the Q is defending Putin? I guess that would make sense with the weird Trumpublican angle. I dunno. I've been too busy reading the pussy leftist memes.

I do agree, it's all batshit fucking insane.
Yes, you're absolutely defending Putin. You're defending the reasons given for the invasion, by bringing the so-called Nazi thing into it and bringing NATO into this. As if they are excuses for an invasion. They're not, it's that simple.

And to answer what we would do if, say, Mexico joined an alliance with Russia? Well we sure as fuck wouldn't invade them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what alliance did Ukraine join?

it sure as hell isn’t NATO
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:05 am what alliance did Ukraine join?

I am becoming more and more convinced this isn’t, for Putin, about NATO/military issues, so much as ideological matters:

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:44 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:05 am what alliance did Ukraine join?

I am becoming more and more convinced this isn’t, for Putin, about NATO/military issues, so much as ideological matters:

absolutely part of it, and i think the Novalny issue and demonstrations happening now across russia support that idea

what’s funny, is that the majority of Ukrainians weren’t even in favor of joining NATO until the annexation of Crimea