Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:35 am Tho who knows how legit those elections are.
Seriously?

If after the events of the last 2-3 weeks you haven't decided whether on not things going on in putin's sphere are "legit", I don't know what else to say to you.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

“Who knows how legit those elections are” is the expression of doubt, not the benefit.

Please just try to take me at face value here.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 am
Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:35 am Doesn’t Putin have to come up with some way to get re-elected in 2024?

Tho who knows how legit those elections are.

And 2 years is an awful long time either way
He is an elected official in name only.
Ousdahl always gives putin the benefit of the doubt.
FUCK PUTIN

have I mentioned that yet?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:53 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:38 am

He is an elected official in name only.
Ousdahl always gives putin the benefit of the doubt.
FUCK PUTIN

have I mentioned that yet?
Obviously not enough.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:50 am
Please just try to take me at face value here.
Um, dude.....that's the problem, we are.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

More reasons to think this is not going well inside Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... kraine-war
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's extremely not good, and it's only going to get worse.

I also wonder if Putin has become so insular, and so intolerant of dissent/criticism, that he's literally only hearing what he wants to hear.

(Again, sound familiar?)
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

At this point I am hoping trump goes on rightwingnut TV and defends putin some more. Double down on repeating putin's lies.

His handlers are probably trying desperately to muzzle him, and he is dying to say something at a time when the whole world is listening.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:26 am At this point I am hoping trump goes on rightwingnut TV and defends putin some more. Double down on repeating putin's lies.

His handlers are probably trying desperately to muzzle him, and he is dying to say something at a time when the whole world is listening.
I saw earlier this week that he's planning on traveling to Georgia to campaign with Perdue. One, I'm not sure I'd step foot in Georgia or New York right now, were I Trump. Two, I can't imagine Perdue really wants this; to your point, the next time there's a microphone and a camera in front of him, there's going to be some weapons-grade crazy to unleash.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:35 am Doesn’t Putin have to come up with some way to get re-elected in 2024?

Tho who knows how legit those elections are.

And 2 years is an awful long time either way
We know exactly how legit those elections are. None at all. If you want to see what happens to those who go up against Putin, Read about Alexei Navalny, the dissident who Putin tried to assassinate with a nerve agent and who is now locked away in a Russian prison camp.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

He and Trump are 2 peas in a pod.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

One thing that has been eating at me for a couple days - most of the really big stuff seems to be happening in daylight now. I would think, for a lot of reasons, that the aggressor would prefer to attack and move at night.

I am wondering if this is an operational/preparedness deficiency, as opposed to a choice.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:20 am One thing that has been eating at me for a couple days - most of the really big stuff seems to be happening in daylight now. I would think, for a lot of reasons, that the aggressor would prefer to attack and move at night.

I am wondering if this is an operational/preparedness deficiency, as opposed to a choice.
I would think that it would be much easier to move heavy equipment and troops during daylight hours. And punk ass missile attacks can happen whenever.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I exchanged texts with family who had spent a decade in the Pentagon and retired recently as a full bird colonel. He says the whole scenario is befuddling. He thought the shelling of the nuclear plant was completely unhinged. He has heard it was a mistake, but he says we may never know and described it as "off the charts escalatory". He is hoping for a coup in Russia. He believes this is the beginning of the end for putin whether or not he wins this war. But there is still the chance that putin takes us all with him as one final "fuck you" to the West. He also believes China is key to getting this shit resolved. But unless putin takes the fall for it in Russia he will be back. His belief is if putin wins this, he will go straight onto the next conquest.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Beyond nuclear and missle attacks, I can’t see Russia being that effective beyond Ukraine. This has taken 2/3 of their entire military force and it hasn’t gone great.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Japhy just sent me a nice PM, and I just sent a nice response. Japhy, feel free to share.

Regarding the whole "I realize I must sound like Lobster right now," I realize it! I sound like a crazy person right now!

I've been meaning to compare and contrast me and the crustacean for a while now.

Among other things, he seemed to only accept facts or news that fit with his world view, and ignore or be skeptical of the rest. I'm trying to seek facts and news BEYOND my once-established world view. And I'm skeptical of it all right now. Right now particularly, skepticism IS my world view!

For real, has it even occurred to anyone just how much propaganda we're subjected to? Particularly right now, with the war drums a-beatin? And how conditioned we are to just ACCEPT war? And not only accept war, but reject any criticism of war, or any context, or anyone who actually tries to understand it on some level beyond "it's good vs bad so pick a side."

Once you open yourself to this idea, you realize just how much propaganda is really around, and how many different flavors it can come in. Sometimes it's nuanced and subtle. Sometimes it's right there in your face. Guess this is one of the consequences of Q taking the blue pill.

Admittedly, I'm paranoid. I don't know what to believe!

but like, come on, did we not learn ANYTHING from the Iraq war? We were told over and over and over that there's WMDs there, no for real, we'll find them if we just go to WAR! and the only acceptable response is WAR, no end in sight, just accept it with pride and take a side, it's just another shithole country on the other side of the world either way.

cuz, about that...

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm an adult. i have experience. i have no issue sifting through the bull$#!t.

with experience comes experience.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

take you for instance. i know that 101% of what comes out of your keyboard is bull$#!t.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

can we get a percentage breakdown for each poster. Might be helpful
Just Ledoux it