Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Qusdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Qusdahl »

CoyDC’s back!
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I feel I’ve been remarkably consistent here.

I condemn Russian military aggression

AND I condemn US/NATO military agression, even if we lipstick-on-a-pig’d it to “lethal aid,” as if that’s better.

What Putin and Russia are doing is awful! I hope it ends last week!

Still, by many metrics, Ukraine’s one of the most corrupt countries in the world. And the US has been handing it billions of dollars of weapons and bombs and training anyway.

And to even ask why or to want to better understand that now, is Russian propaganda? Arent you guys at least a little curious what your tax dollars have been up to?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 am I feel I’ve been remarkably consistent here.

AND I condemn US/NATO military agression, even if we lipstick-on-a-pig’d it to “lethal aid,” as if that’s better.

Still, by many metrics, Ukraine’s one of the most corrupt countries in the world. And the US has been handing it billions of dollars of weapons and bombs and training anyway.

And to even ask why or to want to better understand that now, is Russian propaganda? Arent you guys at least a little curious what your tax dollars have been up to?
Again, this all has to be a bit. Or else your Covid shots came with extra, red-colored chips.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:21 am Since Japhy has yet to chime in, same question for fish.

Why would I suddenly go all pro-Russian propaganda here? What’s my end game?

Can anyone help me vet this source? Wikipedia says the council on foreign relations is a United States nonprofit think tank specializing in U.S. foreign policy and international affairs.

It estimates more than 50000 casualties in Ukraine from 2014-21, and $2.5 billion in U.S. “security assistance” to Ukraine since 2014.

Or is this Russian propaganda too?

https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tra ... ct-ukraine
Nice cherry-picking of dates again. Now take out 2014 and 2015. And then tell us what that has to do with the current invasion.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:38 am
Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 am I feel I’ve been remarkably consistent here.

Again, this all has to be a bit. Or else your Covid shots came with extra, red-colored chips.
Check out ultra-leftists out there. It's not a bit. He's in his impenetrable bubble. He's literally using the talking points being used by Cernovich, who popularized pizzagate, which begat QAnon... so it has all come full circle
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:21 am
Or is this Russian propaganda too?

https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tra ... ct-ukraine
I see no mention of a mythic Baker-Gorbachev agreement or Azov Battalions or new-nazis on drugs running the Ukrainian government. Also no mention of NATO forces invading any sovereign countries in there.

What's your point?

If the Ukrainian people and government don't want to be putin's bitch, how is that justification for a bloody invasion? Do you not believe in the right of freedom of association? How is exercising the right of freedom of association military provocation?

Are sociopaths paranoid by nature?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Also cherry-picking "lethal aid" from:
"Providing Ukraine with Security Assistance: The United States is announcing a new $60 million security assistance package, including additional Javelin anti-armor systems and other defensive lethal and non-lethal capabilities, to enable Ukraine to more effectively defend itself against Russian aggression. The United States has committed $2.5 billion in support of Ukraine’s forces since 2014, including more than $400 million this year alone."

So a combination of "non-lethal" aid, and "lethal" aid that is used for defense... which, if not given, would likely have resulted in Russia demolishing Ukraine. So that's what you're (accidentally? except all the cherry-picking would suggest otherwise) going for. Saying "fuck Putin" while complaining about what is preventing him from wiping out a country is a joke.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 am Still, by many metrics, Ukraine’s one of the most corrupt countries in the world. And the US has been handing it billions of dollars of weapons and bombs and training anyway.
This is like saying that Germany's one of the most facsist genocidal counties in the world and why has the US been doing billion$ of dollar$ worth of business with Nazis?

Have there been any changes in US policy when trump left office and Biden came in? Heads of State matter.

Zelensky has not been the supreme ruler of Ukraine for the last 75 years.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Mjl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:39 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:38 am

Check out ultra-leftists out there. It's not a bit. He's in his impenetrable bubble. He's literally using the talking points being used by Cernovich, who popularized pizzagate, which begat QAnon... so it has all come full circle
This goes to show how much time you’ve spent around ultra leftists.

Who is this Cernovitch cat, anyway?

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Far right conspiracy theory pusher.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

here’s a reality check:

my company is sending out Thyrosafe to all its sites, here in the US and in Europe
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

japhy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:50 am
Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 am Still, by many metrics, Ukraine’s one of the most corrupt countries in the world. And the US has been handing it billions of dollars of weapons and bombs and training anyway.
This is like saying that Germany's one of the most facsist genocidal counties in the world and why has the US been doing billion$ of dollar$ worth of business with Nazis?

Have there been any changes in US policy when trump left office and Biden came in? Heads of State matter.

Zelensky has not been the supreme ruler of Ukraine for the last 75 years.
Let’s not talk about Germany. let’s talk about Ukraine, may we?

What’s your point about changes in heads of state?

Cuz yeah, Zelensky’s only been in office since 2019. He’s a former comedy actor who got politically popular after playing some history teacher ranting about gummint corruption on some TV show, and cuz apparently he’s good at working the social medias. He was also mentioned in the Pandora Papers, which identified more corrupt leaders in Ukraine than any other country.

His political rise and campaign was supported largely supported by Ihor Kolomoyski, some Ukrainian oligarch and politician who also owned the media company that aired Zelensky’s comedy routine.

In April 2021 Ihor was black listed by the US, banned from entering our country, and condemned by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken for his “current and ongoing efforts to undermine Ukraine’s democratic processes and institutions, which pose a serious threat to its future.”

Now, I’m sure everyone already knew that, since we’re all experts in Eastern European affairs and all nowadays. the only reason I bring any of that up is,

make it make sense!

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:10 am here’s a reality check:

my company is sending out Thyrosafe to all its sites, here in the US and in Europe

Should we call this an example of Capitalist pigs trying to instigate a nuclear event?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Man, that’s freaky. Is it for if shit gets nuclear?

Can we come up with some way to avoid nuclear Holocaust, rather than just prep for it as if it’s inevitable?

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

japhy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:16 am

Should we call this an example of Capitalist pigs trying to instigate a nuclear event?
who cares bro, just sit back and enjoy the flash.

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:14 am
He was also mentioned in the Pandora Papers, which identified more corrupt leaders in Ukraine than any other country.

make it make sense!
Tell me what is in the Pandora Papers about Zelensky?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:17 am

Man, that’s freaky. Is it for if shit gets nuclear?

Can we come up with some way to avoid nuclear Holocaust, rather than just prep for it as if it’s inevitable?
you act as if the west and NATO didn’t try to be reasonable and work for a diplomatic resolution for literally months

you make it so difficult to actually have a discussion, which is why i’ve largely bowed out of this thread

i don’t think anyone disagrees that Ukraine has, and has had, it’s own issues and problems

but again, none of that (in my opinion) justifies what is going on…no matter how many times you bring it up or how loudly you shout it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

What diplomatic resolution did the US and NATO try to work for? Did they ease up on “lethal aid?”

I agree that none of what’s going on is justified. Could we clarify that though? Do you mean the Russian invasion? The whole US “lethal aid” to a corrupt country thing? What are we saying isn’t justified?

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

japhy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:20 am
He was also mentioned in the Pandora Papers, which identified more corrupt leaders in Ukraine than any other country.

make it make sense!
Tell me what is in the Pandora Papers about Zelensky?
https://www.occrp.org/en/the-pandora-pa ... ner-circle

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Let’s not talk about Germany. let’s talk about Ukraine, may we?

What’s your point about changes in heads of state?

make it make sense!
It is called a comparison, a way to help you make sense of it. And Germany is a great comparison.

Is Germany the same country and does it have the same policies now as it did under Hitler?

If you can understand/agree that Germany is not the same, then maybe you can understand that Ukraine is not the same country as it was under previous administrations?

Is Biden responsible for the insurrection on Jan 6 because he is president now?

Zelensky wasn't president in 2014 or 2015.