Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:53 pm sounds like you have no idea where that other money is going either....but you'd be perfectly okay with letting Ukrainians get slaughtered.
no, I'm not.

no, really, I'm not!

that's why I had to quote this - to once again try and set the record straight, not that it matters. It's like you're not trying to engage me, so much as you're trying to engage the Q character you let live in your head.

but - for the record - I don't want ANYone to get slaughtered. I've been consistent about this.

And I think the better way to avoid slaughter is with LESS weapons, not more more more. (How American is it to have the same views about war as we do about "the best way to mitigate gun violence is more guns")

But heck, about this much: let's play ball: if we REALLY must insist that the best solution is always more weapons weapons weapons, getting shipped to all these foreign countries as fast as we can, couldn't we at least get some more solid intel before we do?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:10 pm You do realize we send "books", medicine, etc to various countries all over the world, correct?
yea, I do realize. That much is cool. That much, I think I am OK with my tax dollars funding. (I'd rather my tax dollars fund medicine and books for my own fellow citizens before some other shithole country, but that's for another thread yet)

but, last I checked, the amount of books and medicine and humanitarian and diplomatic aid we provide to other countries tends to pale in comparison to the amount of military aid.

so Q asks: what if those figures were reversed? What kind of place might the world be then?

(we're getting closer!)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

without weapons Ukrainians are going to get slaughtered.

There is a madman intent on it.

I dont think your supposed peace love and happiness approach is going to solve this unfolding crisis.

Our choices at the moment are to either provide aid as best as we can with the Intel we have ("We" as in the US government....not you and I...we have none and will never have enough to determine if our shipments are going where they should or to even make any sort of real evaluation or analysis regarding our actions and options).

Orrrrr. we do nothing, stand by and let civilians get raped, bombed, herded into corridors and massacred.

What's your choice?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:22 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:10 pm You do realize we send "books", medicine, etc to various countries all over the world, correct?
yea, I do realize. That much is cool. That much, I think I am OK with my tax dollars funding. (I'd rather my tax dollars fund medicine and books for my own fellow citizens before some other shithole country, but that's for another thread yet)

but, last I checked, the amount of books and medicine and humanitarian and diplomatic aid we provide to other countries tends to pale in comparison to the amount of military aid.

so Q asks: what if those figures were reversed? What kind of place might the world be then?

(we're getting closer!)
I dont believe anybody here has railed against sending books and medicine.

What the hell does that have to do with this situation?!? While you fantasize about utopia, people are getting shot and bombarded by an invading country. You could send a million copies of Animal farm to Ukraine and they will all die. I doubt they can throw a book and jam Russian radar or stop a convoy of Russian tanks with viles of vaccinations.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lemme just put it this way:

The way you feel about the Russian warmongering, is the way I feel about ALL warmongering. I think it’s all rotten. Forgive me if I struggle to “just pick a side,” and to distinguish between “good” warmongering and “bad” warmongering. We’re not trying to broker peace, we’re trying to out-madman a madman, and I’m concerned it won’t end well. The whole thing reeks of hypocrisy and selective outrage.

This thread sucks. Worst ever. I want it to go away. I’m bummed how divisive it’s been.

If there’s one guy in particular on these boreds who has been more of a homie to me than anyone, it’s TraditionKU, and even he’s pissed at me right now. And it’s eating at me! Dude, again, I’m sorry. I didn’t want this. If we can still just be fishing buddies or whatever, I hope we can.

And I’m pretty sure most of you other guys have hated me for years anyway, but FWIW I’d be pleased to be fishing buddies with pretty much every other poster here too. I wish there was more camaraderie on the boreds. Maybe even meet up with folks in real life more, since that was cool the first couple rounds so far.

Now, can we please be done with this thread?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Fantasy land doesn't exist. Bad people do exist, always have, and always will. Sorry that you're having trouble coming to grips with that.

Maybe you should be done with this thread?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sigh.

Lemme know if you ever wanna go fishing, illy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

nobody is cheering for war.i am also against war and war mongering.

war is here....we cannot change that.

what do you propose we do now that it is upon the world?

we can assist the invaded....or sit idly and wax poetic about peace and love while the invaded country has citizens getting murdered by a facist tyrant.

whats your choice?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

we're not trying to broker peace? source?

how many world leaders have tried, and failed to have peace talks with Putin in the last 6 weeks?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

we have given him outs...he refuses. he continues bombardment, he plans victory parades, he threatens nuclear assault.

should we talk about it more? wait until all Ukrainians are in graves?

the west has taken a very very patient approach to this situation. Its odd that you can't see that and choose to only see the weapons deliveries so you can use it to promote your false ideals.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

and nobody hates you, we hate this weird idealistic, unrealistic conspiracy based version of posting that you have dived into
The naivety and bullheaded refusal to budge when presented with reality is why people are getting frustrated.

Instead of Qusdahl perhaps your next sock should be TheOstrich.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Oustrichdahl
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Even bigger sigh.

Lemme know if you ever wanna go fishing, Tdub.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

with this im done.

but this is why people stop engaging in legitimate discussion. You ask, I attempt to answer. I ask, you sigh. Another non answer, you couldn't even address any of those things?

Yes I threw in a barb at the end...thats the frustration part....but all of the rest of the post posed actual questions that you cant even attempt to answer.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Biggest sigh yet.

Let’s just move on, please.

Like for real, any species in your neck of the woods you think would eat my bunny streamers? Trout, bass, salmon, they all love it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ousie, Putin is not going to stop at the Sudetenland, he's gonna want all of Austria. And then Czechoslovakia, and then Poland.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait. Wut?

Wait, don’t answer that.

Sigh.

Lemme know if you ever wanna go fishing, 99.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I get seasick
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Bummer. So much for common ground.

Any chance you’re a dog person?

Mjl

Post by Mjl »