Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

Japan announcing notable increase in defense spending in response to chinese hostilities

by 2027 they’re estimated to spend $80B annually, putting them 3rd in defense spending behind the US and china
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

seems a bunch of countries that have largely been pacifist since WWII are now ramping up defense spending in response to china and russia
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

china is the biden administrations favorite country.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:41 am china is the biden administrations favorite country.
One of your more absurd comments, which is an accomplishment. Well done on a Friday morning.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

trying to keep up with you. you rolled out of bed this morning and got right to it.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:31 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:41 am china is the biden administrations favorite country.
One of your more absurd comments, which is an accomplishment. Well done on a Friday morning.
JFC. Spit the hook out.

After 4 years of "Trump is a Putin puppet" only to find out that wasn't the case...his comment feels like par for the course.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the funny thing is that it’s more likely that no president in history has been as obsessed with gina as trump…even to the detriment of the US
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:16 am the funny thing is that it’s more likely that no president in history has been as obsessed with gina as trump…even to the detriment of the US
Truth.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno you guys…sorry to go full DC, but pretty sure Bill Clinton was obsessed with the ‘gina too…
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

$1.7 trillion omnibus funding bill…$858 billion (50.4%, an increase) for the Pentagon
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Ugh
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pretty strong 5k for mjl.

I was gonna ask your guys's thoughts on the pentagon budget increase, but we already got what I'm pretty sure is one groan of disapproval. But I almost don't even wanna say that much out loud.

I don't even know what to think any more.

I've been trying to avoid this thread, honestly. I just want it to go away. I just wanna get along.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:57 am pretty strong 5k for mjl.

I was gonna ask your guys's thoughts on the pentagon budget increase, but we already got what I'm pretty sure is one groan of disapproval. But I almost don't even wanna say that much out loud.

I don't even know what to think any more.

I've been trying to avoid this thread, honestly. I just want it to go away. I just wanna get along.
i could be wrong, but i’d lay a bet that the only poster here that would approve of such a bloated military budget is dolomite
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

right on.

if that's the case, and if I may ask as matter-of-factly and respectfully as possible, how does one reconcile disapproval of a bloated pentagon budget, with some sorta approval of one blank check after another for Ukraine?

is that not like, some massive cognitive dissonance going on or something?

(hope that's not too annoying to ask)
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it don't come cheap keeping the God less heathens at bay.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

no offense, but at the end of the day I'm pretty sure many Merican's views in this thread are far more michhawk than many care to admit.

pretty sure that's what got Qusdahl so worked up all along.

(...well that, and all the gaslighting about how, despite the blatant cognitive dissonance and oversimplified rah rah mich takes, somehow Qusdahl was also somehow the kooky one somehow.)

now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna run and hide from this thread again.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:17 am right on.

if that's the case, and if I may ask as matter-of-factly and respectfully as possible, how does one reconcile disapproval of a bloated pentagon budget, with some sorta approval of one blank check after another for Ukraine?

is that not like, some massive cognitive dissonance going on or something?

(hope that's not too annoying to ask)
active unjustified invasion, active war? this isnt that hard.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:35 am yea.

no offense, but at the end of the day I'm pretty sure many Merican's views in this thread are far more michhawk than many care to admit.

pretty sure that's what got Qusdahl so worked up all along.

(...well that, and all the gaslighting about how, despite the blatant cognitive dissonance and oversimplified rah rah mich takes, somehow Qusdahl was also somehow the kooky one somehow.)

now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna run and hide from this thread again.
you're way off-base.....again.

And that ^^^^ is why you're the kooky one.

None of that says that we are all on team Mich here.....if you believe that then you're reading comprehension is lacking.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

you just can't not be condescending, can ya?

but since you're apparently still willing to engage here, please help me understand:

how come increasingly bloated budgets for the pentagon generally = "ugh," yet increasingly bloated budgets to Ukraine = "freedom and democracy," or whatever?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

holy fuck, I think youre being intentionally dense.

One of those is a nation under attack and a current warzone
Just Ledoux it